Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys
Can anyone tell me the difference in the number of teeth on the spur gear makes to the runnng of the car or to the motor. I swopped from the kit 70 teeth one to the 75 spur because someone said it would work better. I run a rayspeed and we race on wood and tarmac.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Randman, I put about an inch or two of heatshrink on the antenna where it comes out of the receiver... seems to really help with interference if close to other electronics.
Havent tried that yet either, I'm not used to having glitching problems, so now that they have arose, I really am lost at finding a fix.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re marks Question

Hiya Mark, will be round 2morrow to drop your tc3 off, or should i not have said that on the yokomo thread !! heheheh

My kit build is going well !!!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Horatio - Check your PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by mark turner
Hi guys
Can anyone tell me the difference in the number of teeth on the spur gear makes to the runnng of the car or to the motor. I swopped from the kit 70 teeth one to the 75 spur because someone said it would work better. I run a rayspeed and we race on wood and tarmac.
a bigger spur will give you a higher transmission ratio which will improve your torque but take away some top speed
Old 02-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

got to run my CGM today on carpet, I'm very happy I went off one of Tosolini's setups and the car was dialed the first it hit the track. Me and Mo finished 1-2
Old 02-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Matt Howard
got to run my CGM today on carpet, I'm very happy I went off one of Tosolini's setups and the car was dialed the first it hit the track. Me and Mo finished 1-2
good job guys, home today with the flu so I'm going to keep it short...
Old 02-14-2004, 06:23 PM

I ran my CGM for the first time today, carpet with a 19T and foams. Overall I like the handling better, but the car has A LOT more steering than the black chassis, making the setup quite different. The car has more mid-corner speed, and actually too much steering going into the corners. On my black chassis, the car would try to traction roll sometimes, but the CGM has not had that problem yet. On the last run with the car, however, the car was breaking loose badly off throttle, but I think the diffs were too loose and had to be re-built.

The car is heavier than the old one, about 53.8 oz with body and foams, probably about 1 oz or more heavier than the black chassis with 2 topdecks.

Matt: What shock positions are you running front and back? I'm using the farthest out one on the front and the kit position on the back. On the arm, I'm using the second closest in on the front, and third on the back. Thanks

Randman: I had no glitching problems, with the receiver stood up (crystal up), the esc wires on the far right side of the chassis, and personal transponder on top of the servo.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Chris Tosolini
That sucks dude, get better soon.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by 2Tenths
I ran my CGM for the first time today, carpet with a 19T and foams. Overall I like the handling better, but the car has A LOT more steering than the black chassis, making the setup quite different. The car has more mid-corner speed, and actually too much steering going into the corners. On my black chassis, the car would try to traction roll sometimes, but the CGM has not had that problem yet. On the last run with the car, however, the car was breaking loose badly off throttle, but I think the diffs were too loose and had to be re-built.

The car is heavier than the old one, about 53.8 oz with body and foams, probably about 1 oz or more heavier than the black chassis with 2 topdecks.

Matt: What shock positions are you running front and back? I'm using the farthest out one on the front and the kit position on the back. On the arm, I'm using the second closest in on the front, and third on the back. Thanks

Randman: I had no glitching problems, with the receiver stood up (crystal up), the esc wires on the far right side of the chassis, and personal transponder on top of the servo.
Front I was running second from the outside on the tower and second from the inside on the arm. Rear I was running the kit setting on the tower (I believe its the third from the outside) and second from the outside on the arm. Looks like we're the same except I had my front shocks in one on the tower. I also noticed that the car seemed to have more steering compared to the black one for some reason as well. But it wasn't uncontrolled or anything, the car just seemed to flow really good in the corners
Old 02-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Chris Tosolini
Any chance you can make the ROAR state carpet champs in march? I think I have Dan talked into it
Old 02-14-2004, 07:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Any chance you can make the ROAR state carpet champs in march? I think I have Dan talked into it
I need to get a hold of Dan and nag him some more about it, hopefully he'll go.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:20 AM

Randman - I noticed you use ceramic bearings. How much lighter than the kit bearings are they?
Old 02-15-2004, 09:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by 2Tenths
Randman - I noticed you use ceramic bearings. How much lighter than the kit bearings are they?
I have no idea, they just spin more free and last a lot longer.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
10 mm O rings

MO or Randman

You guys know the part number for the 10 mm O rings that go on top of the shocks when using the plastic caps?

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.