Does anybody want to sell their SD of LCG, if so drop me a PM and we can talk

Thanks
Old 04-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
i like playing so here`s a pic of a LCG running gear in a AE2005 Tub chassis
soon be coming out & going back onto the std LCG chassis

i`ve had BD wishbones on this car for ages with no breaks ,done steering hub`s only
also i run this car on it`s shortest wheelbase bar 1mm (rear) & i find it is totally different on track much more responsive in the transition`s through chicane`s & S bends with out the back breaking away
Mr Jolly, the car looks great. How long did it take for the modifications? And how well does it run? I have an old CGM chassis - now you are giving me ideas.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Shock Repair

I have a Yokomo SSG and one of my Yokomo shocks are leaking from the bottom and I'm looking to repair it with this:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...rc=ns&pn=YYS71

Does anyone know what exactly this contains? Will it include the parts found in the A Parts tree and the inner sponge found in page 20 of the manual? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Mr Jolly, the car looks great. How long did it take for the modifications? And how well does it run? I have an old CGM chassis - now you are giving me ideas.
the tub is a mould from fibrelyte (uk based) goes straight on the SD car conversion but with the LCG gear
the steering has to have 2 holes made in the side (cos it`s much lower then std SD one ) 1 hour dremeling , then with the gearbox`s being 5 mm lower the drive shaft`s fouled the top edge of tub (so 4 elongated slots for drive to sit in)
All other hioles line up except the steering one`s

did`n go well at one club , but won & TQ`d at another twice all carpet/rubbers
itching to go out side in the next couple of weeks
but so far so good ( And no one else has what i have no sheep here)
Old 04-23-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default heat sink

Motor heat sinks help dissipate heat which robs power, but I feel they create glitch, I would like to remove it from the motor, but the motor will suffer. Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 04-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aries326
I have a Yokomo SSG and one of my Yokomo shocks are leaking from the bottom and I'm looking to repair it with this:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...rc=ns&pn=YYS71

Does anyone know what exactly this contains? Will it include the parts found in the A Parts tree and the inner sponge found in page 20 of the manual? Thanks for the help.
Most likely you just need to replace the O rings in the bottom of the shocks, any you will be fine.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by macgyver1432000
Motor heat sinks help dissipate heat which robs power, but I feel they create glitch, I would like to remove it from the motor, but the motor will suffer. Any ideas or suggestions?
The first suggestion is gear lower. But what works well in addition is the Team Much More Motor Cooler. I put in on the motor about 20 mins. before race time, and the motor starts out nice and cold, which helps keep the motor cooler for the first two to three minutes of the race.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know this is the Sd forum, but does anoyone still run the BD or belt drive car?? How does that compare to the shaft car??

I have a buddy who just got one, butit has a carbon fiber super stiff chassis on it. not the tub style.. thanks

Last edited by burbs; 04-24-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burbs
I know this is the Sd forum, but does anoyone still run the BD or belt drive car?? How does that compare to the shaft car??
Depends if you mean the current BD or the old MR4-TC, because the current BD is a kick-arse car . Never had the MR4-TC myself so i cant really comment.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

hey guys,
im gonna buy my first EP kit
in my lhs, they got cheap Yokomo SD CGM kit (brand new)
and im interested to buy one
what do you think about this kit?
is it good for beginner and good for long run?
whats the different with SSG etc?
thanks for the help
Old 04-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default MR4TC

The CGM (Composite Graphite Molded) is a very nice car and the kit is very competitive. The difference between the CGM and the SSG (Silver Surface Graphite) is the chassis, the CGM is a tub chassis while the SSG is a double decker chassis, but other than that, they are very similar when it comes to parts compatibility and performance.The CGM weighs 1.58kgs with all electrics; while the SSG weighs 1.5kgs with all electrics.The stock parts are made of Delrin plastics, which is durable than ABS. Visit the Yokomo website so you'll get more informatin about the CGM. Its a great kit, enjoy!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

if im looking for the hop up parts, should i look it under yokomo bd or yokomo sd?
i couldnt find any yokomo cgm category in some online store
Old 04-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Try to visit www.yokomousa.com . You wont need to need to upgrade to be competitive. Yokomo kits are very competitive out of the box. CGM is a shaft driven kit, and therefore look under yokomo sd (shaft driven).
Old 04-25-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by macgyver1432000
Try to visit www.yokomousa.com . You wont need to need to upgrade to be competitive. Yokomo kits are very competitive out of the box. CGM is a shaft driven kit, and therefore look under yokomo sd (shaft driven).
ahh ok, SD for Shaft Driven hehe thx for the info

anyway, its nice to hear that yokomo is very competitive.
i did choose the right kit then
Old 04-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ickvanovs
hey guys,
im gonna buy my first EP kit
in my lhs, they got cheap Yokomo SD CGM kit (brand new)
and im interested to buy one
what do you think about this kit?
is it good for beginner and good for long run?
whats the different with SSG etc?
thanks for the help
The CGM is a terrific beginner kit. It is a very durable car, it uses most of the same components for the Yokomo SD line. Plenty of hop-ups available (go to www.speedtechrc.com). Because it is a tub chassi it does not tweak, graphite cars such as the SSG do, and as a beginner you will appreciate the fact you do not have to deal with tweak. I have other newer cars, but I still race my CGM in the stock class. The recommended hop-ups I would use are as follows, the old Ray Speed Graphite Shock Towers for Frt and Rear, Titanium Screw Set, Ray Speed White and Blue Shock Springs with the Ray Speed Blue Aluminum Shock Spring Retainers, Carbon Style Lt Weight Drive Shaft and get a low profile servo, (Futaba 9550) because space is tight for the electronics. Go to Chris Grangers Yokomo Website and do his modification to Steering Rack Arm for better ackerman, and download Chris's various set-ups for the CGM.

Maybe too much information, but if this keeps you from wasting dollars on un-neccessary parts, it is well worth it. Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.