Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum vs. JR

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spektrum vs. JR

Allright, so im not sure about which to get. I have a Tamiya TA-05, and i need to pick either the JR XS3 Pro, or the Spektrum DX3. I NEED for the receiver to go in a tight space without mounting on top of the servo. So, which would you guys pick?

Thanks,

Juan
Old 12-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go with the spektrum. The reciever is only slightly longer than the JR and its got DSM. From the picture it looks just like the JR. If you want the dimensions check out horizonhobby.com.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Juan I would go with the XS3-Pro. U get all 30 channels and the smaller receiver.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

if you are only running it in your ta-05 why bother with the 3rd channel, go a Dx2.
the only things i know of that use a 3rd channel, is rc semis and nitro/petrol boats as a fuel/air mixture.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The JR XS3 is a really nice radio for the price. My son has one. The main downside is it is not Spektrum compatible. If you are ok staying synthesized FM versus spektrum, that is no problem.

If, like me, you want the Spektrum so you can fiddle in your pits and avoid using the pins (at least at smaller races) then the DX2 is a good alternative, IF you don't mind not having the exponentials and lap counter and probably a few other things my DX2 doesn't offer, such as the nice adjustable trigger position. The DX2 is cheaper $169.99. If you get the XS3 bundled with the top end servo that some have, I'd go with it, if you don't mind no DSM.

Spektrum does offers a micro-sized receiver sold separately. It's missing the two-way signal option that allows you to use a lap sensor counter, on-board temp gauge, etc. but it frees up space on the new smaller TC chassis.

Choices choices choices !
Old 12-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Go with Spectrum... No more Freq issues.....
Old 12-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'd get the Spektrum. Had an xs3 before and it's a great radio. I actually only got rid of it because I wanted spektrum. If they had the newer DX3.0 back then I would have gotten that. Spektrum is great.