Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Hello, i have 2 questions

1 - to clean diferencial we need to take out 4 screws but the diferencial is in tension, do we need to loose anything more?

2 - My pack goes to tie to the chassi, have you people made anything to the chassi, teh cells are touching the upperdck and the block.
1- I loosen the center pulley too so there's less stress on the belt when pulling the rear diff out

2 - I ground down the little silver nub on the bottom rear of the top deck and also rounded off the edges on the battery slots so they sit just a touch lower. Also you can't have any shrink wrap on the cells as it is a pretty close fit. The idea is to get your cells to just slide right in with no pressure on the bulkhead or topdeck If your cells are bent and banged up you may have to rebuild them to get them flat again
Old 06-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
there is a shipment coming so it will be soon, i spoke with jeff brown yesterday, are you getting another car already??

Gotta give Corally a shot...So far my MI3 has been doing very well, but I'd like to get another car to test and compare. Corally and Schumacher are right here in my home state a couple of hrs away and support should be really good, as well as parts support.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Gotta give Corally a shot...So far my MI3 has been doing very well, but I'd like to get another car to test and compare. Corally and Schumacher are right here in my home state a couple of hrs away and support should be really good, as well as parts support.
Yes Robbie's car looked really good out at the track yesterday!!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
1- I loosen the center pulley too so there's less stress on the belt when pulling the rear diff out

2 - I ground down the little silver nub on the bottom rear of the top deck and also rounded off the edges on the battery slots so they sit just a touch lower. Also you can't have any shrink wrap on the cells as it is a pretty close fit. The idea is to get your cells to just slide right in with no pressure on the bulkhead or topdeck If your cells are bent and banged up you may have to rebuild them to get them flat again
I had to grind down that silver nub too. Batteries are a tight fit. Even with the silver nub filed down make sure you check the screw length since the screw extends past the silver nub and hits the cells. My cells are double shrink wrapped, but with nub grind down they fit and I didn't need to file the battery slots. I'm sure every kit and different packs may have close fits though and other alterations may be in order.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Yes Robbie's car looked really good out at the track yesterday!!
Yea his car was right on. I have to say it's by far the easiest car to push hard and still be fast with, and that was my first run on the car, so it will only get better. Great job guys!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamPink91
Yea his car was right on. I have to say it's by far the easiest car to push hard and still be fast with, and that was my first run on the car, so it will only get better. Great job guys!
his car was good but didnt you get "TQ"
Old 06-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guy´s, i think we should have a topic where we writh down what we have done to the car, because like the situation of the bateries touching the upperdeck and block causes a lot of tweak in the car and it became really dificult to drive the car. My first race with the car was not the best because the car had stearing for right side corners and don´t have stearing for left side, so i think if we leave a topic in Team and Company discussion (Corally PHI), so we right down the smalles ajustements we do to the car, so we can get better, thanks people.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

some one can fit some lipo battery on PHI?

i find only 4000Mah 11,1v stay under the top deck! i have many orion lipo4800 and i would like to use it on this car!
thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just waiting on electronics now

Old 06-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riccardo
some one can fit some lipo battery on PHI?

i find only 4000Mah 11,1v stay under the top deck! i have many orion lipo4800 and i would like to use it on this car!
thanks
Orion 3200 fits in mine..
Old 06-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Just waiting on electronics now

I'm crying because I don't have one yet.........
Old 06-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm proud / privileged to have one.

The only issue I've had is (running rubber/carpet) rear "kickout" on power out of the corners.

So this week I've lengthened the rear camber links and "leaned in" the top of the rear shocks one hole.

Hope that helps?

Any thoughts?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbeardmore

The only issue I've had is (running rubber/carpet) rear "kickout" on power out of the corners.

So this week I've lengthened the rear camber links and "leaned in" the top of the rear shocks one hole.

Hope that helps?

Any thoughts?
make sure your tires are glued properly and check your rear toe. If the changes you made dont get the car to where you need it, then try increasing rear toe in a bit...if its at 2 deg, try 2.5, then 3...you also need to check your rear oil weight and springs. Try first using a bit softer rear springs. THen you can also check your swaybars- try a stiffer front swaybar...
Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you may also want to back off your front droop screws a little to give more up travel and allow more weight transfer to the back
Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbeardmore

Hope that helps?

Any thoughts?
Todd, Are you running a spool/oneway or diff? Is the rear end slow to come around in the middle of the turn, or is it good until you hit the throttle coming out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.