ROAR to 4 cell....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR to 4 cell....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
We don't you all just sell your sedans, get you a nice buggy and a wheeler and be happy. Until they decide to run 4 cell offroad. And when that happens I'll just quit and go play golf.
yep
i go fishing ,coz i have the habit of not getting the ball in hole (hole isn`t big enough )
Old 11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Discussions are still going on at EFRA. 4 cell is prefered but many members are concerned about the need for reciever packs so they settled on 4 cell. Now they are having problems with chargers since some won't charge 5 cells....only 4 or 6.
Why should this be a problem all the fast guys will just use 5 chargers and power supplies to charge each cell individually.

Isn't that what the kids are doing these days?

LOL!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
I'm just pissed there are already two international standards, 4-cell and 5-cell. Why Japan and Europe could not agree on the same thing sounds stupid to me. So which does ROAR pic to mirror? My guess is Europe...
I say we stand behind our English Allies and move to 5-cells. They're willing to stand with us against the war on terrorism, we can stand with them on the battery war!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
The EFRA does not dictate what we do here in the U.S. I am still waiting on the reasons we should do this HERE!
I just gave us a reason...
Old 11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Another question. The excom is influenced by the various committees under ROAR. Did the electric committee recommend a change to the number of cells used in sedan racing?

For all those who failed to vote, you'll have a another chance in 2008. I won't be running....ROAR will be to far gone by then....
Old 11-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
I just gave us a reason...
LOL!!! Actually I erased the line about us "having" to be just like them is a poor excuse! LOL

I should have left it in!!!!! LOLOLOLOL
Old 11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Another question. The excom is influenced by the various committees under ROAR. Did the electric committee recommend a change to the number of cells used in sedan racing?

For all those who failed to vote, you'll have a another chance in 2008. I won't be running....ROAR will be to far gone by then....

NO...we were told we have till Dec 31st to give our reconmendation for the Jan Excom meeting. I have been doing some testing myself and will do more in the next few weeks in stock and 19 turn.

EA
Old 11-27-2006, 02:30 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by DerekB
I just like to throw some data out there. US INdoor Champs. Only class that seemed to have motor/esc problems.....

4-Cell Mod 1/12-scale.

I would like to point out a few facts.

Mod TC at Cleveland...the smallest it has been in years. Why?

1st Round of A-qualifier-10 cars started-3 Finished. Why?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:30 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by DerekB
I just like to throw some data out there. US INdoor Champs. Only class that seemed to have motor/esc problems.....

4-Cell Mod 1/12-scale.

1st Round of TC Mod A-qualifier-10 cars started-3 Finished. Why?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Hodge

much more fun for the fast guys to beat up on us scrubs in stock and 19t
Old 11-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
NO...we were told we have till Dec 31st to give our reconmendation for the Jan Excom meeting. I have been doing some testing myself and will do more in the next few weeks in stock and 19 turn.

EA
So this was for the January meeting, meaning that if it was deemed the way to go, it would go into effect in 2008?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Team EAM

1. Cars were ballistic fast
2. Track was so bumpy at first that you didnt know which way your car was going to end up in certain sections of the track....and the straight away/sweeper was the main part of that.
3. The walls there are so rediculously over bolted and over weighted (4x4's inside of plastic) that they destroy a car on contact. Hell in the main only 6 of the worlds BEST carpet racers finished....the others broke!!

EA
Old 11-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
So this was for the January meeting, meaning that if it was deemed the way to go, it would go into effect in 2008?

That we were not told...But I would assume it would go into effect after the last electric on road race in 2007 (July)...just as they did with 19 turn rules that were advised against by everyone on the committee.

EA
Old 11-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

1. Mod TC at Cleveland...the smallest it has been in years. Why?

2. 1st Round of A-qualifier-10 cars started-3 Finished. Why?

My guess would be....

1. Too many of the young guns race stock because they make too much money to make stock mains why should they move up to mod. Mod class is lower for reasons other then the motors are blowing up its more because the good stock racers that can race mod and should race mod don’t.....so the same 8 guys always make mains and keep collecting their pay checks. When some of these stock racers move up then some of these same 8 guys will no longer be living the phat life style.

2. My guess is they broke a part on the car due to faulty engineering .... something has to give when they blow a line or try some crazy setup looking for that extra tenth or two….but we can all just sit back and blame the cars for running on 6 cells and not the drivers for showing some sort of restraint when only 3 cars finish a race.

What Charger(s) out there now will not charge 5 cell packs?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:52 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by HarshGuy

I have an idea, lets have an exhibition class at the two ROAR Nationals for Mod 4 cell? This would eliminate us PRO guys racing 19T and we could learn something about using less cells?

Any comments?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.