Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

i want one sooooo bad!!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What tires come with the kit? Purple front and Grey rears?

Charles
Old 11-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think so
Old 11-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Very Important info reguarding Gen X

To all that bought the kits last week do not use the small low profile nuts on the forward battery brace when running the battery to the front. To secure the screw, just use a little CA glue to hold in the screw (self tapping anyway) You
really do not need the extra tightness when in the front position anyway.

There is a chance that if you DO run the small nuts on the front battery tray that in a hard impact it can cut through the shrink wrap and short out on the battery through the nut, screw and chassis.

EA
Old 11-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
To all that bought the kits last week do not use the small low profile nuts on the forward battery brace when running the battery to the front. To secure the screw, just use a little CA glue to hold in the screw (self tapping anyway) You

There is a chance that if you DO run the small nuts on the front battery tray that in a hard impact it can cut through the shrink wrap and short out on the battery through the nut, screw and chassis.

EA

Good looking out!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What's gonna happen to CRC when all the XRay fangirls jump ship and start using the 1/12 car they're releasing soon? Will the team drivers be required to run the car? Wouldn't that pretty much gut CRC's core of drivers at big races?
Old 11-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by syndr0me
What's gonna happen to CRC when all the XRay fangirls jump ship and start using the 1/12 car they're releasing soon? Will the team drivers be required to run the car? Wouldn't that pretty much gut CRC's core of drivers at big races?
WOW....getting desperate these days resorting to Trolling the CRC thread

EA
Old 11-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by syndr0me
What are you doin' searching for xray stuff again.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

EA
Old 11-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

EA
Is this in reference to me? I say that because this happened to me today. Ran the car for the very first time today on a brand new track. Didn't get to practice with it at all since I was still putting the car together. I didn't run the front brace as my packs would barely fit with it on. And my 1st qualifier came up. I tapped a board and my motor shifted forward a hair as did my pack. So that round was out. So for 2nd round I readjusted everything and put in the front battery brace again with slight modification to let it slide alittle more forward for the battery to fit. Well my cells shorted out against the nut. It was nice and toasty!! Luckily I got to it in time and disconnected everything before my ESC fried. Just the pack, the nut, screw, and fiberglass brace was fried/melted.

Well, car was okay on the first run. I couldn't really compare it to anything since this was a new track and my first time there. I'll have to test it out this weekend at my home track and see. I did the shake down in my qualifiers. Went back and retightened my front end. Added thread lock to the set screw for the lower kingpin. It loosened a hair causing the kingpin to back out.

Question... Did the kits come with the transponder spacers and screws? Mine had none. Also, my kit did not come with the graphite steering arms #3252. So I had to fabricate my own for time being so I could run the car. I emailed John about this. But I'm sure he's busy with Cleveland coming up.

Anyways, car was okay. I'll know more this weekend. See if I can't beat my recorded. Today was TQ and win. I hope for more to follow!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

EA
Ya what he said!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by KilRuf
Is this in reference to me? I say that because this happened to me today. Ran the car for the very first time today on a brand new track. Didn't get to practice with it at all since I was still putting the car together. I didn't run the front brace as my packs would barely fit with it on. And my 1st qualifier came up. I tapped a board and my motor shifted forward a hair as did my pack. So that round was out. So for 2nd round I readjusted everything and put in the front battery brace again with slight modification to let it slide alittle more forward for the battery to fit. Well my cells shorted out against the nut. It was nice and toasty!! Luckily I got to it in time and disconnected everything before my ESC fried. Just the pack, the nut, screw, and fiberglass brace was fried/melted.

Well, car was okay on the first run. I couldn't really compare it to anything since this was a new track and my first time there. I'll have to test it out this weekend at my home track and see. I did the shake down in my qualifiers. Went back and retightened my front end. Added thread lock to the set screw for the lower kingpin. It loosened a hair causing the kingpin to back out.

Question... Did the kits come with the transponder spacers and screws? Mine had none. Also, my kit did not come with the graphite steering arms #3252. So I had to fabricate my own for time being so I could run the car. I emailed John about this. But I'm sure he's busy with Cleveland coming up.

Anyways, car was okay. I'll know more this weekend. See if I can't beat my recorded. Today was TQ and win. I hope for more to follow!
No it wasnt related to you...LOL. Its something I noticed on my kit and Frank noticed it as well and just didnt think much about it he did some more inspecting....I guess your the first un-lucky person to find out the hard way!!

I dont think mine came with spacers for the transponder either but I dont have a transponder with ears anyway I have to mount it the old fashion way.

They will get the email in the morning and I am sure they will ship them out before they leave for Cleveland....Im sure they were in a rush to get everything out on the promised date.

EA
Old 11-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I can understand the rush on the kits. I figured that's what happened. It's no biggy. I'm just gonna order some more arms along with a few other things like a new brace, etc. I'll try what you suggested about superglue/selftapping. Reminds me of how the battery braces were held in the RugRat.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by KilRuf
Yeah, I can understand the rush on the kits. I figured that's what happened. It's no biggy. I'm just gonna order some more arms along with a few other things like a new brace, etc. I'll try what you suggested about superglue/selftapping. Reminds me of how the battery braces were held in the RugRat.

Did you have any problems with the kingpins? Mine were pretty much stripped out after putting them in....Going to order some more of those. If you run your tires small make sure you order some of the graphite thinner spacers for the front end as well. Springs are shorter than associated ones as well. The ones that come with it feel like .22's but not sure. I ordered a bunch of extra's today for mine. Associated springs will fit if you cut a coil off of them....Thats what I did this weekend as the ones that came on it were too heavy for my track.

EA
Old 11-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think I had any problems with them. They just backed out causing front slop up and down. So I just screwed them back in and this time I used loctite on the set screw for the king pin. I did notice that CRC sells brass set screws for the king pins. I added this to my order, but I accidently took them off. So I'll have to order them next time. As for the front springs, I did notice some push in the car. I figured it was the new track and new carpet etc... So I just sauced more of the front tire (didn't play with the center spring any). I measured the front springs and they were .50mm which is about .019~.020inch. So I ordered the .45mm springs which is about .017~.018inch. And I also forgot to order the graphite spacers. I was looking at those. But figured I wouldn't run my front tires past 42.2mm. I'll get them next time...

I can't wait til this weekend to try out the car again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.