Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think I am going to buck the trend again RussB and go with the SpeedPassion. Were already bucking the trend going with the Type R which is no copycat like the others.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:10 AM
PDM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RussB
PDM, regarding your spool problems... are you positive the spool is assembled just like a diff with the only exception being swapping the balls for the spool pads? It almost sounds like the thrust bearing may not be installed or greased or something.

also maybe try replacing the outdrive that the screw threads into.
I will change the outdrive and see what happens.

Thanks, everybody.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I think I am going to buck the trend again RussB and go with the SpeedPassion. Were already bucking the trend going with the Type R which is no copycat like the others.
sure, why not? i really don't think that these differences in feel are the things that are going to cause club racers to win or loose races. at my level, it's all about not hitting stuff
Old 06-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Got my car in today and have a problem with the shocks. With the piston on the shaft it doesn't move freely once its in the shock? I don't think the shaft is bent. It seems like the piston is too thick? Anyone else have a problem like this?

thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Got my car in today and have a problem with the shocks. With the piston on the shaft it doesn't move freely once its in the shock? I don't think the shaft is bent. It seems like the piston is too thick? Anyone else have a problem like this?

thanks
If you look closely, there is likely a little bit of the mold flashing on the sides of the piston, roll it on a piece of sandpaper until it travels freely.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
If you look closely, there is likely a little bit of the mold flashing on the sides of the piston, roll it on a piece of sandpaper until it travels freely.
Thats what I did after i posted this and it worked great!! One more thing. Do you have a good way of making the camber link move freely on the ball? One of them doesnt allow the arm to drop on its own. If I take the link off the arm move fine.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Thats what I did after i posted this and it worked great!! One more thing. Do you have a good way of making the camber link move freely on the ball? One of them doesnt allow the arm to drop on its own. If I take the link off the arm move fine.
squeeze it slightly with a pair of pliers, test it and squeeze a bit more if it's still not loose. If that doesn't work I would inspect the ball itself to make sure there are no burrs or rough spots on it.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Are spur gears universal or do i need to order specific jrx type r spur gears made by losi...? What gears have people been running on stock carpet?
Old 06-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by UofAJoe
Are spur gears universal or do i need to order specific jrx type r spur gears made by losi...? What gears have people been running on stock carpet?
If you want to run standard spurs you have to by a prs adapter otherwise stock is all you can run...

http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/products/18
Old 06-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

O.k. I have some proof the new arms are a bizzilion times stronger than the older arms.. ladies and gents i present to you ... a VERY bent hingepin hehe.

I gotta tell you i've hit tons of things w/ the old arms never bent anything these new arms ... bent the hinge pin AND cracked the chassis. Now granted i hit something pretty dam hard.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YmeBP
O.k. I have some proof the new arms are a bizzilion times stronger than the older arms.. ladies and gents i present to you ... a VERY bent hingepin hehe.

I gotta tell you i've hit tons of things w/ the old arms never bent anything these new arms ... bent the hinge pin AND cracked the chassis. Now granted i hit something pretty dam hard.

damn.

that's the kind of crash that would take ANY car out of comission.

the only parts i break in a bad crash are castor blocks and/or steering knuckles. but that's cuz i've got about a billion graphite ones left over from my jrxs days so i just use those.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What is amazing is that the piece of the arm is still on the pin. WOW, did you get a number of the freight train that you ran into?

RedRocket
Old 06-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

wow thats crazy
Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP

Mod kills.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

To use the spool instead of the diff up front, is this all you need?

Team Losi 42T Spool Pulley & Plate: JRX-S (LOSA3329)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.