R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Radio / Reciever problem - Please help!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/124780-radio-reciever-problem-please-help.html)

Aceboy 08-09-2006 01:08 AM

Radio / Reciever problem - Please help!!!

Hi,

Recently my car started losing reception within short distance (about 20 metre).

Would it be okay if i just buy a reciever and use the same controller.

I'm also a little confused with the specs, some reciever say it comes with 27Mhz Frequency, excuse my dumb question but if i put in a matching set of crystals will this work (considering both are AM freqs).

any help would be great, just cant afford to fork out more money to buy a new radio/reciever set.

thanks

Aceboy 08-09-2006 01:12 AM

also, i wanted to check if the crystal are working (because they respond within distance) then the crystal wouldnt be the problem even if its losing responce in further distances?

I want to disgnose the source of the problem... any suggestions?

TraceRacing 08-09-2006 01:14 AM

sounds like your batteries are flat. check them first, don't spend money on another reciever yet

tc3team 08-09-2006 01:22 AM

Also make sure your crystals are sitting in the transmitter and reciever well,if they feel loose try bending the tabs in,but be careful!

Aceboy 08-09-2006 01:24 AM

the batteries are brand new and fully charged. i have one of those eletric chargers that monitor the charge itself.

well i should also mention that i once smoked a battery because i connected the polarity on opposit ends.... not sure if this damaged the reciever also....

arh so much headache!

also. nowadays you can buy a decent reciever and radio for about the same price as a reciever only...

Aceboy 08-09-2006 01:30 AM

would different band crystal/reciever work.

e.g. crystal is 24mhz band and the reciever 75mhz band?

tc3team 08-09-2006 03:19 AM

No,they need to be the same.

Aceboy 08-09-2006 03:44 AM

i will do myself a favour and just buy a new set

ford_racing 08-09-2006 04:53 AM

Buying crystals would be youyr cheapest option and see if that fixes the problem, you can get a dud set of crystals occasionally.

after that I would try a reciever to see if that is the problem

Aceboy 08-09-2006 06:02 AM

currently my rc comes with 27mhz AM crystals, because someone else in the tracks have the same freq i changed it to a 29mhz crystal.

i know that some reciever/radio are preset to a certain range. but is this one rule for all? e.g. whichever range it came with, must be accompanied for all future crystals.

thanks!

ford_racing 08-09-2006 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Aceboy
currently my rc comes with 27mhz AM crystals, because someone else in the tracks have the same freq i changed it to a 29mhz crystal.

That is your problem, if you go out and buy a different 27mhz crystal than what your friend has the problem will be solved.

27mhz gear does not like 29mhz etc etc.

Aceboy 08-09-2006 04:35 PM

i will swap the crystals back to 27mhz. its such a small problem, yet i didnt know. good to learn something new. thanks for your help!

ford_racing 08-09-2006 05:18 PM

You're welcome for the help, all of the members here are willing to help out a new person to the hobby