Search

best street p-lot car

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
i changed to the black belt b/c i wanted the extra strength

but i did fone on the stock one, i used it for 3 months of heavy bashing and it was fine, but i use 19 and stock motors, as for mod i dunno

that's the only car i have owned, so i cant really compare
I'm confused on your statements about the XXXS and the black belt..The black belt is longer than the stock yellow or blue belt, It takes a longer idler arm to take up the extra slack, It was sold as a kit, You got the belt, pulley, and longer idler arm. I have used them and never ever had any problems with them. If you just bought the black belt by it's self and used the stock idler arm it would not work to good. The black belt was never sold or intended for "greater" strength, It was sold as a performance up grade, It makes the drive train a lot freer. For parking lot "bashing" their is no better car. It's not as cool looking as a carbon fiber double deck chassis with all the aluminum, But for a parking lot car it's the best, You can still find them for cheap, you can still get parts for them, And they have a lot of room for your electronics..you don't have to have micro electronics (remember the smaller it is the more it costs.. ) The TC-4 is not bad but your spur gear is exposed and can get damaged. The XXXS is still fast and a very capable car on the track as well.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Tamiya tl01 eveything that could be damages i.e spur/pinion sealed if you look around in the forums or ebay less than a $100 sometimes can't bet it for bashing thing is a tank the only thing no oil shocks ,my son has been driving his for the past 3yrs. only replaced the front hub carriers.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why would you buy a TL-01 for $100 when a brand new TT-01(which is a newer car) in the box is about $80

Jay
Old 07-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey man i kinda agree belts and stones dont mix so either the xxx-s or a shafty
as for striping spurs and pinion it happens but if u find they get caught between the chassis try a smaller spur, my might used to pick up rocks every meet and went thru spurs like packs (recharging) and i dropped 6 teeth hads the same spur for 4 months now
all cars listed are good but i must say tc4 and ta05 a probablt better than a tb or tt01. i have never drove them.
if ur running 19t or stock go tc4 nice car upgradaple and in america it sound like spares are every where.
have fun with which ever car u like
Old 07-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xxxkat
I'm confused on your statements about the XXXS and the black belt..The black belt is longer than the stock yellow or blue belt, It takes a longer idler arm to take up the extra slack, It was sold as a kit, You got the belt, pulley, and longer idler arm. I have used them and never ever had any problems with them. If you just bought the black belt by it's self and used the stock idler arm it would not work to good. The black belt was never sold or intended for "greater" strength, It was sold as a performance up grade, It makes the drive train a lot freer. For parking lot "bashing" their is no better car. It's not as cool looking as a carbon fiber double deck chassis with all the aluminum, But for a parking lot car it's the best, You can still find them for cheap, you can still get parts for them, And they have a lot of room for your electronics..you don't have to have micro electronics (remember the smaller it is the more it costs.. ) The TC-4 is not bad but your spur gear is exposed and can get damaged. The XXXS is still fast and a very capable car on the track as well.
it kept poping off, and i had it just like it sadi to have it

and u know u have to take tthe sway bar off, shock tower and all that crap to put it back on, and it was happining one or twice per day

so i said screw it, and my car wasd breaking more than my step-dads tc4
and hes had the car for 6 months amd is still on the stock spur, and the parking lot we race on has a LOT of rocks
Old 07-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
it kept poping off, and i had it just like it sadi to have it

and u know u have to take tthe sway bar off, shock tower and all that crap to put it back on, and it was happining one or twice per day

so i said screw it, and my car wasd breaking more than my step-dads tc4
and hes had the car for 6 months amd is still on the stock spur, and the parking lot we race on has a LOT of rocks
You had to have installed it incorrectly or you were not using the longer idler arm, You are the first person I have ever heard of that had any problems with the black belt kit.. (their were a few but once we installed the belt correctly..no more problems) ..You were using the longer idler arm..right? It took me a few times to get the belt installed correctly but I could tell by all the slack that it would not work so I worked on it until I had the correct belt tension. If your belt came off once that should have been an indication that it was not installed correctly..That's Not How Losi Rolls.. I'm not "bagging" on you..But I owned a hobby shop and a "few" guys had a similar problem and they swore up and down it was installed per the instructions..But once we fixed the routing of the belt no more problems. This is why I came to the conclusion that you had installed it incorrectly. Look at it this way..Read the XXXS thread..No one else has that problem with the black belt..
Old 07-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

yeah, i must of done it wrong

but i rather have a shaft anyways, i drift and my step-dad has one so i can use his spare parts
Old 07-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

wait, so is it fine to drift in a tennis court and play grounds for a TA05?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nekmiyevo2

I think that you might have a hard time drifting a tennis court, they are designed to have HIGH traction for shoes. I would think asphalt would be best, maybe a basketball court or somthing like that.

Jay
Old 07-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

pyro18t I'd spend a $100 because you would hop up's and extra's 80 bucks for a new tt01 plus 40 bucks s&h as seen on e-bay =$120 .used maybe no s&h from some one on the forum.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nekmiyevo2
yeah, so long as ur using abs

but u wont get as much angle
a blacktop or p-lot is best

and post any questions i have about drifting on yhe "Offical Drift thread"

and i know i cant spell
Old 07-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120660

someone with 2 tl01's and xxx-s for sale.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sportracer
pyro18t I'd spend a $100 because you would hop up's and extra's 80 bucks for a new tt01 plus 40 bucks s&h as seen on e-bay =$120 .used maybe no s&h from some one on the forum.

Yeah you do have a point.

Jay