Search

X-Ray T2R

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James
is there some kind of shortage for T2R's? i cant find one ANYWHERE
We sold our last 4 this last saturday in 2 hours at our shop.RcAmerica says no more for 2 weeks!
Old 09-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I would think that trying to tune via flex, at least before the other conventional methods, wouldn't be the way to go. Gotta get it to work through other parameters first, perhaps the flex adjustment should only be viewed as a very fine-tuning method once you got everything else right, or at least ballpark right first.

Either way, this is the cheapest way into the high-end of TC racing that I can see... and alot of people seem to like the car already. I got my eye on it.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big al
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade,but I think using a flexible chassis as a tuning aid and ultimately a selling point is a bit thin. I have no doubt that a flexible chassis would give more traction,but it can't be consistent traction to be relied upon lap after lap. If we use the flexible chassis as a suspension component,it seems to me that we lose something in the overall suspension package. I also realize that my logic may be a bit dated,but the flex cannot correct traction issues. If this were the case, we'd all be loosening our top decks in an effort to get those precious tenths,but we're not...we're adjusting roll centre's,camber and all the other angles. I suppose at the uppercrust of competitors, this could be a tuning aid,but for most of the RC racing population it's to convoluted and short sighted. I'm done preaching. I welcome rebuttles as that is what pushes our knowledge as a collective.--Al
I don't pretend to be an suspension tuning expert, but I do believe pan car and 1/12th cars suspensions are based on chassis flex in a way. I'm not saying that it works in this car...because I don't own a T2. But it seems that there is some proven history behing the design.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
does the kit come with those cool starburst wheels too?
nope, no wheels. but Im sure you cant get them from somewhere...
Old 09-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Maybe I'll get one just so that when some DORK come's up to me and says "Flex-ray" or "Flex-machine" I can say- YOU SO FUNNY!!!!!!
But seriously if I hear anyone else say flex-ray I'm gonna puke...
Old 09-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

We still have some T2R's left but they are going quickly!

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 09-19-2006, 10:55 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Got my T2R today and put it together. Some stuff I noticed from my regular T2 ... Not a surprise but the chassis is a little softer, and the car feels like it has more flex when twisting from the shock towers. Doubt it will have much effect on the car though in stock rubber.

The composite diffs are not adjustable from the outside of the car, which once you see them it makes sense that they can't be .. but as for composite diffs go, these are the best I've ever seen. The diff ring surface is machined after the mold, so they are square and spin super smooth - as smooth as the metal ones when they are new.

In the literature in the mags and what not they say the diff outdrives have metal retainers; they do not. The outdrives are pretty beefy and don't look like they will need the added support. The car also is pictured with plastic servo mounts, mine came with the aluminum T2 ones.

Fit and finish is just as good as the T2 considering not much changed. Instructions don't say if you should treat the FRP the same as a carbon chassis and prep the edges, I did and it came out great.

The shock towers do have a little flex to them, but if anything I think this will help add durability to the car.

I'll see how it performs tomorrow, I think this could very well be a good thing for touring cars...cheap and fast, what's not to like about that? Hopefully I'm still optimistic after driving it tomorrow!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

stormerhobbies.com has 'em, only 3 more in stock!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:16 AM

Talking

..this car is dialed. It would be great outdoors. Indoor on carpet has alot of traction, I could use the chassis posts but last night I was running consisent and the fastest laps I've ran on rubber. Exactly the same times as my carbon T2.

Go buy one now.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

man, i really want one now!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

If anyone runs this car with rubber tires on carpet could you please let me know if the additional chassis flex helps or hurts the handling. Seems that a little extra bite wouldn't hurt.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Post how you do. I ran my first T2 in an enduro for around 1500 laps without any issues at all, I expect you'll have the same results.
Hi everybody, i ran my T2R toghether with Rob Janssen last weekend in the 1000 laprace in Utrecht (The Netherlands). We drove on a pretty raw outdoortrack with high tireweare. The car itself was a absolute dream and nothing less than the T2 i also own.

As a matter of fact, the car was well dialed in on the track and Rob drove the fastest lap during the race, 0,6s quicker than any other team. The only problem we had was a reversed belt, because i didn't put enough tension on it. We had to replace belt and pully because of the weare when the belt was the wrong way on the pully. The drive with 2 1/2 wheel-drive was still very stable and the car still ran quick laptimes.

Unfortunally we had to change a little too much tires to get on the podium because we didn't prepare them the right way. With a well prepared set of tires we could manage the last 400 laps as with the wrong tires we drove only 200 laps.

The composite diff on the back was also very good. After around 1200 laps (incl.training) the diff was only on the long side a little wore out and the right blade had to be replaced. Not very bad and the diff can be used again. The 1200 laps we drove with a 12T double V2 and 4200 SHV-cells so there was power enough to destroy a bad car.....i didn't happen and i will drive the car next weekend again in de Dutch Nationals.

All and all, the T2R is a very good and well priced car and does the same laptimes (on tarmac) as my T2.

greetz,

Eric
Old 09-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

wow, we're all just adding fuel to the fire (in a good way)!
Old 09-22-2006, 08:12 AM

Talking

If anyone runs this car with rubber tires on carpet could you please let me know if the additional chassis flex helps or hurts the handling. Seems that a little extra bite wouldn't hurt.
It doesn't really do either IMO. I had more overall traction, but by raising the roll center I was able to dial the traction out and keep it from rolling over as much and digging in. With the additional chassis posts I don't think the car is going to be dramatically more flexible than the stock carbon car. So initially the extra bite kind of hurt as the car had too much grip and steering, but I was able to dial it out.

When the traction is down this car is going to be NICE on rubber tires because it does have a little extra bite, and you'll still be able to dial in MORE TRACTION with the multiflex.

The other night other people were traction rolling but I was able to tighten up the car enough so it dug in just the way I like without rolling too much. I was running almost the box stock setup, same springs with the rears upright 1 hole, 3 degrees of rear toe, and about 2mm of droop all around and the roll centers front/rear 0 and the the quick roll center on the links set at #2 (outside lower hole/shorter links.) I was also using a one-way.

When the traction comes up I can goto the +0.75 adjustment on the lower arms still, and I think that will be good enough .. I may end up with the chassis posts though for a little more stiffness during high traction races.

The 1200 laps we drove with a 12T double V2 and 4200 SHV-cells so there was power enough to destroy a bad car.
Wow..you guys run 12T's in a race that long? That's impressive.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Wow..you guys run 12T's in a race that long? That's impressive.
i know, don't you think that they'd have to swap motors or something. i can't think what the comm looked like after the race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.