Wiki Posts
Search

4hr Enduro Race (Feb 15) at Tamiya HQ

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Enduro Controversy?

Before anything else excuse my spelling and grammar!
Some controversy around the legalization of Brushless systems in this years Tamiya 4 hour Enduro has surfaced. A lot of non-sponsored teams and drivers have been voicing out there opinions against this rule because it even gives more advantage to the Pro corporate sponsored drivers. Teams who could not afford the brushless setup and feels it's too new is crying foul stating that it is totally against Tamiya racing principles where it is supposedly geared towards the common people.
when you have a brushless motor that can run for 12 minutes on one pack without flinching, Brushed motors has no way of competing against it, period. The intention seem to be to further promote the brushless technology that's why we have all this corporate teams signing up such as Novak and Orion, but it appears to be the wrong place to do it. what do you think? Should they promote it at a different venue and by creating it's own class, or is the Tamiya Enduro the opportune time to show it off?
I'm one of TA tracks Local Drivers, infact I was there the first day they held the TCS race in 95' or was it 96'? But I continue to belong with the common local drivers and I own a brushless, not for the Enduro at first but because I recognize it's advantages. I was smiling from ear to ear when I found out that they legalized the Brushless system fo the Enduro but after hearing different opinions from my co-local TA drivers expressing there concerns, I too, felt uneasy.
But here we are the TAOB team will be consisting of good to expert level non-pro drivers ready to tackle the pros who just happen to have a brushless system that we hope it will do as it promised. Give us your opinions and carry-on soldiers.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Enduro Controversy?

Originally posted by izzyracer
Give us your opinions and carry-on soldiers.
I salute those ready to do battle with the pros
Old 01-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I believe you can run any motor for the qualifiers. I'm hoping a 9 single can get us into the A. Other than that, I look forward to the enduro. By the way, our team is looking for one more driver and we're running a 414M2 with the stick pack thingy.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Enduro Controversy?

izzy, I guess I can unerstand some of the comcerns over this. It is my understanding that the Jun / Kinwald team will be running a brush motor?

As for the locals support, I'm personally excited at the prospect of running against...or with the likes of Kinwald & Jun....having never believed that i had a chance in hell of winning against the factory teams in the first place. (but who knows, lots of things can happen to an RC car and radio in a 4 hr. period)

Remember the event is new, I think you will see many changes as it evolves in the months to come.

my .02

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamiyatrf/

Last edited by madjack; 01-31-2003 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Enduro Controversy?

Originally posted by madjack
Remember the event is new, I think you will see many changes as it evolves in the months to come.

my .02

Madjack,

Fun! Fun! Fun!
F.Y.I., we did have a 3 hour Enduro about a year or so ago and a 2 hour before that.

Izzy
Old 01-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
I believe you can run any motor for the qualifiers. I'm hoping a 9 single can get us into the A. Other than that, I look forward to the enduro. By the way, our team is looking for one more driver and we're running a 414M2 with the stick pack thingy.
Rod

I will fill that last spot if it's still open.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Heya Neil, you got it. I'll talk to you later about the details. I saw a list of teams earlier in the thread and it didn't include the AE team of Barry and HPI team of Hara. Doh!
Old 02-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Post Enduro testing

Novak Corp. had a large presence at the track today....clear that they are very serious about coming away with a win.

Today saw many teams pushing for taller gearing during testing. It will be interesting to see who lasts the 4 hrs at the 15 second per lap pace that has been recorded?

I can say that running a brushless system with a final drive of 7.57 allowed for 10 mins. plus of run time

These new ESC / motor systems will clearly change the face of RC racing that exsists today.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

T-Minus seven days and one night! Looks like there will be some heavy hitters participating and representing their respective companies. The Novak brushless equipped teams look like tough cookies to beat although rumor has it that a Hacker team is gonna be present to give them a run for the Money. Near dream teams are beginning to form such as Jun-Kinwald, Novak's teams, Peak/Orion, HPI and of course, Team Last and the Furious (aka Team Short Bus Special)

Tomorrow's gonna see some serious testing and dialing for all of the contenders. Now where did I put that 2Turn qualifying motor? Remember all we have to do is pull one flying banzai lap for qualifying hehe. It's gonna be good fun.

Are you guys ready?
Old 02-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What about tires. after 2-3 mod runs they will be junk!
Old 02-08-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by KINGZJ
What about tires. after 2-3 mod runs they will be junk!
I think most teams are thinking of this as 2 events. One car set-up for qual. & one for the Enduro. Those of us who are running a brushless system for the Enduro will most likely use a brushed motor and soft tires because we are only talking about posting a single lap flyer during the qual. heats.

Testing has included motors bats. and tires. The tires seems to last at least 2 hours so far...depending on track temp.

It has been very interesting trying to figure out what strategy to use, teams are all over the board. Should be a fun event.

Old 02-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Let the brushless war begin. There will also be a small last second team from Hacker Brushless Motors that will be in attendance.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Make that a third brushless team. Peak/Orion were running theirs at the track today. Some people have done some math and you shouldn't rule out the brushed motors.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Updates Updates Pleeeeeez

Wow!!! this race would turn out to be the best test for the brushless motors to date. Top manufacturers of brushless motors rubbing elbows.... be great to see who comes out tops.

Imagine the preparations!! Please keep us posted and good luck to all the teams.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

glide 1! I can't believe you're in Cebu! Bay--Kumusta man ang mga taga Cebu!
Cebuano man pud ko, sa Guadalupe. hahahah!
Anyway! our team will be participating in the enduro too and yes we are also running a brushless set-up. The name of our team is TA-OB Racing...and tagalogin mo, you know it means lagi kaming sumisemplang (tawa uli)
With Hacker, Orion, Novak plus our brushless system it seem almost all type of brushless contenders will be represented.
Anyway, it is nice to see from someone in my hometown. We will all keep you updated here! 5 days to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.