Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A 2WD TC must have 4 wheel independent suspension to be considered a Touring Car, its minimum weight is lower the 4wd though. These cars listed on this thread are PAN CARS, not TC's. Tamiya has the same type of car, AE released a Touring pan car but none of them conform to TC chassis rules

We all know pan cars smoke TC's, totally different chassis and classes not sure why the comparisons?

2wd TC is totally legal but if it where faster im sure we would see xray or the rest make them, the last 2wd tc i saw was from Kyosho,yokomo and tamiya, i distinctly remember them keeping the back of the pack company out our local races
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

You're correct about the definition of a pan car. Mine is not a pan car, it has irs. I believe it can be classified as a TC. You're also correct about the weight issue-but all TCs are supposed to weigh 54oz.(IIRC,ROAR rules) My car weighs 40oz as shown. Don
Old 11-19-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

The pictures as i saw in last moments could not mean as 2wd touring car, it likes more pan car with TC body.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
We all know pan cars smoke TC's, totally different chassis and classes not sure why the comparisons?
I will give you that if there is enough traction and a smooth enough surface. As in ozite or a perfect asphalt track. On a rough parking lot the suspension and grip of the TC has a way of making up the differrence.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DLS II
That particular material is .093 G-10. I bought it on line from a model rocketry supply house-it was being sold as fin material. You can also get G-10, in various thickness's from Team Cobra and Parma. I think you can also get G-10 or graphite from Penguin. Don
Thanks a million... been looking for this info for a while
Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mac853
The pictures as i saw in last moments could not mean as 2wd touring car, it likes more pan car with TC body.
Look better at the rear end - no pod, pinion going to spur which turns diff going to each wheel independently via axle and independent rear suspension.

It's more of a Pan car front and chassis married to a TC rear end.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DLS II
I just saw this column- here's a pic of my 2wd irs tc. I'm still working on it but so far it's fast and handles well. Don

Your car would be considered legal for TC if it was 190mm wide, and met the 2wd TC weight rules, not sure if ROAR did away with this rule or not but back in the HPI PRO and PRO2 days there was a 2wd and 4wd weight rule. You have 4 wheel independent suspension so it would be considered a TC
Old 11-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

It is 190mm front and back. I agree at one time there was one weight for 2wd(lighter) and another for 4wd. With 6 cell 3300 saddle pack it weighs 48oz. Don