Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT) >

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Terry,

Thanks for all your information. I couldn't get my chargable units to take the charge...and/or get any hits, so I sent them back to AMB (Lucky for ME...)

It turned out I still had 200+ days of warranty left (3 year warranty on the chargable units) so they replaced them at NO charge and I switched from the chargables to personals...which at some point I still hope to have cloned.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe_Racer
So the price is $79 now or might you have extended the sale price. Any discount for ordering more than 1?

Thanks
Hi Joe, the price is $79 for a standard blue cased i-PT with a blue LED light. Sorry there's no discount for ordering more than one.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SWTour
Terry,

Thanks for all your information. I couldn't get my chargable units to take the charge...and/or get any hits, so I sent them back to AMB (Lucky for ME...)

It turned out I still had 200+ days of warranty left (3 year warranty on the chargable units) so they replaced them at NO charge and I switched from the chargables to personals...which at some point I still hope to have cloned.
That's good you're all fixed up ok. Do you mean you now don't have chargables, AMB replaced them at no charge then you switched to personals? If you did, why did you switch??
Old 04-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Terry,

What is the quickest turn around you could do for the original AMB if I bought an I-Pt?

I realise it would cost extra, but I'm racing almost every weekend, I can afford to be without it for a club meet etc, but the bigger meets are far more important.

PS. Is there any orientation/position that an I-Pt, or for that matter an original Amb transponder won't work?

I've seen some on top of servo's and on the end of servo's, on top decks, above batteries etc. Should I be able to mount it literaly anywhere and any orientation?

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 04-30-2007, 03:49 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had the first race with the i-PT at the weekend and it worked perfectly all the time. It´s just bad there are still tracks were you can´t use PT as they have the old AMB system.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Terry:
What would be the price of the blue transponder (cloning, not substitution) in euros? and can I pay you in euros and get it shipped to UK (I travel a lot to there)? is it faster?

cheers,
al
Old 05-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Skiddins,

Sorry I've not been around here to reply for a few days. The turn around is about 10 days to return i-PT's and your original AMB PT together. We can send your original PT back a couple of days after we receive it once we have read the number out, and i-PT(s) will follow.

Orientation of PT's is important, they should not be mounted directly on a carbon fibre chassis, on a servo etc is fine. They should always be mounted flat and never on their side or on end. Anything other than mounted flat and the signal is weakened. The strongest signal will be through a hole in the chassis without any obstruction to the loop.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi V12, thanks for the update on your i-PT from your first race with it at the weekend. To answer about the clubs with the old AMB system where you can't use a PT, if the new system was not so expensive maybe they could afford to upgrade. Maybe one day things will be different?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi rampal, if you can pay by PayPal in GBP (£) the price is £49.50 + £5.50 shipping, we can also accept payment in US$ by PayPal. It won't take much longer any way you send it from Europe or the UK, the turn around is about 10 days plus the shipping time back to you. Let me know if you need any more information.

The i-PT order form has the prices and information, it's at: www.rclaps.com
Old 05-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

A bit off topic so please forgive me.
Id like to know if there is alternative hardware/equipment available for a timing system other than AMB ???
Old 05-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi Skiddins,

Orientation of PT's is important, they should not be mounted directly on a carbon fibre chassis, on a servo etc is fine. They should always be mounted flat and never on their side or on end. Anything other than mounted flat and the signal is weakened. The strongest signal will be through a hole in the chassis without any obstruction to the loop.

Terry I have my IPTs in all the places you say not to but they all work fine

1/12 scale is on the chassis
1/10th is mounted on it side and on a servo
1/8th scale on road on top chassie and no holes to track but all work fine not one missed lap yet

my pick for best rc part for 2007

TC
Old 05-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

okay, as this has probably been adressed before, please bear with me. I have 2 AMB personal tansponsers. One isstill in pretty good shape. The other still works fine, but the wires do need replaceing. They've already been fixed once right at the case, which is now gone. So, now I have a white transpoder.

Anyhow, on with the question: I need to send you the transponder, You fix it and then clone it and send it and the clone back to me here in North Carolina. This will cost how much?

[email protected]

Thank you for your time
Old 05-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tpczx6

1/8th scale on road on top chassie and no holes to track but all work fine not one missed lap yet

TC
Oh Tim, you're such a rebel!

I've also found that the i-PT always works no matter where I put it. As a matter of fact, when a local track was having counting issues because of a loop problem my i-PT counted every time when AMB PTs were not. I think the i-PT must have a stronger signal
Old 05-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ron Zee
okay, as this has probably been adressed before, please bear with me. I have 2 AMB personal tansponsers. One isstill in pretty good shape. The other still works fine, but the wires do need replaceing. They've already been fixed once right at the case, which is now gone. So, now I have a white transpoder.

Anyhow, on with the question: I need to send you the transponder, You fix it and then clone it and send it and the clone back to me here in North Carolina. This will cost how much?

[email protected]

Thank you for your time
Hi Ron, you need to send us the transponder, we will fix it and read out the ID number and then clone it. We will then send your transponder and the clone back to you. It will cost $79 plus $9 shipping for a standard blue cased with blue LED i-PT and $89 + $9 shipping for a custom one (made to your case/LED/power lead specs) the turn around is about 10 days plus the shipping time back to you in North Carolina.

The custom options and prices etc are on the pdf form at: www.rclaps.com

We get a lot of transponders with broken leads, the solution is to do a trade in deal with a discount price. You get a new improved transponder and can keep your ID number, any time you want more we just make them to your order!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tim you ARE a rebel!

I guess it's sometimes hard to find a place to fit your PT or there's a location that's really convenient.. no problem, but just be aware the signal is reduced!

Quote odpurple:
"I've also found that the i-PT always works no matter where I put it. As a matter of fact, when a local track was having counting issues because of a loop problem my i-PT counted every time when AMB PTs were not."

"I think the i-PT must have a stronger signal"

The i-PT has a stronger boosted signal, unlike the original PT's which get weaker when the input voltage dips or drops down.

TC
Thanks Tim!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.