Search

Spektrum or Novak???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:00 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Spektrum or Novak???

I was at the Reedy race this weekend and noticed a lot of guys using the Novak synthisized sytem rather than the Spektrum system. I also notice at my track a lot of people using the Spektrum system still. So does anyone have any insight as to which is better and why?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Never used Spektrum, alot like it a few I know said they had issues with it. I use to have problems with my FM radio using the basic receiver/crystal set-up but once I went to a Novak synthesized receiver the glitches became all but non-existent. Best my car has responded and reliable, I recommend it
Old 05-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

for sheer convenience, the spektrum is the better unit....but I run the Novak and love it.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

I've never had the novak system but I have a DSM system and I would go with the spektrum all the way!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

well, the novak system still uses frequencies so you have to make sure nobody is on yours and you havwe the clip at the track....

with spektrum no need for that...

the new spektrum pro modules work great
Old 05-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
I was at the Reedy race this weekend and noticed a lot of guys using the Novak synthisized sytem rather than the Spektrum system. I also notice at my track a lot of people using the Spektrum system still. So does anyone have any insight as to which is better and why?
I have used Spektrum for the last 1 1/2 years, and for me it was one of the best investments I have made in RC. The conveinence of not having to worry about finding an open channel is teriffic, never glithching is even better. The new Pro System is faster than the original system and the future is DSM based. Good Luck!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

No question 'Spektrum'
Old 05-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

I've had problems using both.

The Novak would glitch at a certain track on the lower 75MHz frequencies, it's fine on the higher end. There is a large building next to the track that's covered with corrugated iron that is most likely the cause of glitching.
I have Spektrum unit that dies. It's not cost effective for me to send it in for repairs/upgrade so I bought another.

For convenience I'd choose Spektrum. You have to realize that no matter what system you're using, you're never safe from glitches.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:41 PM
AWK
Tech Master

It doesn't seem to be either one is really far better than the other, just personal preference. I am looking to get one with an M8 and trying to figure out if an M8 is worth it, and then what system to get. I noticed at Reedy all of the guys had Novak systems, but I don't know what the rules for reedy are with Spektrum systems.

My friend is offering me his M8 and Novak Synthesized 75mHz FM gear for $150, is it worth it? I have plenty or radio gear, but I figure this could be a good way to upgrade.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have not run the Novak system, but have been using Spektrum for the past 5 months. The only time I have had it play up was when I accidently turned the receiver on before the controller. It put the Spektrum unit into fail safe mode.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

It doesn't seem to be either one is really far better than the other, just personal preference. I am looking to get one with an M8 and trying to figure out if an M8 is worth it, and then what system to get. I noticed at Reedy all of the guys had Novak systems, but I don't know what the rules for reedy are with Spektrum systems.

My friend is offering me his M8 and Novak Synthesized 75mHz FM gear for $150, is it worth it? I have plenty or radio gear, but I figure this could be a good way to upgrade.
For that price yeah, seems like a pretty good deal. You can go spektrum later if you want- I love my novak receiver it's been great. There are a million variables to just about anything, maybe I just think it looks better than the crappy grey color of the spek' receiver . The newest stuff from spektrum should be bullet proof.

Alright nobody get up in arms about my color choice, I'm speaking for myself on that one
Old 06-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

You have to remember that alot of those guys are sponsored by Novak and other companies, so they have restrictions as to what radio gear they can use.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ennjay
You have to remember that alot of those guys are sponsored by Novak and other companies, so they have restrictions as to what radio gear they can use.

yep! and the radio companies who don't make spektrum....
Old 06-01-2006, 07:28 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Yeah I know a lot of the guys are sponsered, but I had heard some bad lag response about the Spektrum. Now that the pro is out, I might wait to hear about that.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yeah I know a lot of the guys are sponsered, but I had heard some bad lag response about the Spektrum. Now that the pro is out, I might wait to hear about that.
the Spektrum system is fine - yeah there had been some "new" technology issues but thats reflecting on problems from more than a year ago now. the lastest version of software (jan/dec) has performed very nice for myself and others i've personnelly spoken too.

but if your M8 has the Novak setup you don't need to rush - just know that if and when your ready so is the Spektrum...... good stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.