Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
what do you want from a battery company? >

what do you want from a battery company?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what do you want from a battery company?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default what do you want from a battery company?

Just a generic question here but what do you like or dislike from the current company you are buying cells from? also what would you do diffrent if you started your own company? thanks
Old 05-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

ttt
Old 05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pony klr
Just a generic question here but what do you like or dislike from the current company you are buying cells from? also what would you do diffrent if you started your own company? thanks
When I buy cells, I appreciate pre-assembled packs, but I expect the numbers on the pack to be accurate and representative of what I ordered. If their is a bad cell in a pack, I expect the battery company to make good on the pack. Bottom line, Good product, good price, good service.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:32 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cool Labels.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKA
Cool Labels.
yeah, i'd like to see some smoked out shrink or something like that with black labels.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would go the extra mile inspecting each and every cell by inserting them into my rectum to insure accurate sizing of the cells.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RickBud
I would go the extra mile inspecting each and every cell by inserting them into my rectum to insure accurate sizing of the cells.
I'd agree, that is what Surge racing company does when they sell you a pack. Complete GARBAGE and the Gary Huber guy that runs that sh!thole is a complete a$$wipe that has no clue....
Old 05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

okay some good answers so far and some diffrent ones thats for sure!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)

Being a matcher/ reseller, I think the thing that seperates the companys IS customer service. Being a huge company, or a smaller doesn't depict your customer service, it's the people who are involved with the end users who make or break a companys reputation. Fair prices, good numbers and support after the sale is what the racers want.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hmm i think pre asembled pack with customer choice of battery bar
Old 05-04-2006, 05:43 AM
SPC

1. Honest numbers on the cell labels!
2. Customer service.
3. Competitive pricing.
4. Assembly offered as an option.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPC
1. Honest numbers on the cell labels!
2. Customer service.
3. Competitive pricing.
4. Assembly offered as an option.
Thats pretty much all you want but speedy delivery of the cells would also help, also assembly not being too expensive ($1 a cell is reasonable)
Old 05-04-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Going out on a limb... I'd like to see lipo cells embraced and sanctioned and not have to deal with battery matchers. May be the death knell for independant matchers, but it could be a giant leap forward for the hobby. Longer races possible (when combined with brushless) as well as lower maintenance.. club racers would in theory have the same packs that factory drivers had, or at least comparable packs. No having to replace them on a constant basis.. no having to take the extra dischargers/trays/etc. to the track... being able to go with one or two packs TOTAL instead of a case full of heavy nimh packs.. no having to wade through multiple voltage levels and price points for nimh matchers, or having to hear about how everyone has their own revoultionary zapping/matching process.. blech. Level the playing field with motors and batteries and you stress what's left - setup skills and driving ability.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

1. Closely Mathin #'s
  2. Cool Lables
  3. Good Prices
  4. Reliable Product
  5. Great Customer Service
Old 05-04-2006, 06:54 AM
SPC

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Going out on a limb... I'd like to see lipo cells embraced and sanctioned and not have to deal with battery matchers. May be the death knell for independant matchers, but it could be a giant leap forward for the hobby. Longer races possible (when combined with brushless) as well as lower maintenance.. club racers would in theory have the same packs that factory drivers had, or at least comparable packs. No having to replace them on a constant basis.. no having to take the extra dischargers/trays/etc. to the track... being able to go with one or two packs TOTAL instead of a case full of heavy nimh packs.. no having to wade through multiple voltage levels and price points for nimh matchers, or having to hear about how everyone has their own revoultionary zapping/matching process.. blech. Level the playing field with motors and batteries and you stress what's left - setup skills and driving ability.
I am not trying to start a confrontational debate or distract from the original intent of this forum. However I must ask, why do you and many others believe that lipo cells will eliminate cell matching and the battery wars in general? Do you believe that all lipo cells are and will be created equal? They do have several promising characteristics that will greatly improve the RC hobby in general, but they are not the final "holy grail" that many believe them to be. There will still be some sort of cell matching and possibly cell enhancing. There will still be the competitive push by manufacturers to deliver the latest and greatest, thus making previous cells appear obsolete. Competition and technology will march on regardless of the cell type or material.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.