R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pa
Posts: 295
Default what do you want from a battery company?

Just a generic question here but what do you like or dislike from the current company you are buying cells from? also what would you do diffrent if you started your own company? thanks
pony klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pa
Posts: 295
Default

ttt
pony klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony klr
Just a generic question here but what do you like or dislike from the current company you are buying cells from? also what would you do diffrent if you started your own company? thanks
When I buy cells, I appreciate pre-assembled packs, but I expect the numbers on the pack to be accurate and representative of what I ordered. If their is a bad cell in a pack, I expect the battery company to make good on the pack. Bottom line, Good product, good price, good service.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
JKA
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Cool Labels.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA
Cool Labels.
yeah, i'd like to see some smoked out shrink or something like that with black labels.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cincy
Posts: 76
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I would go the extra mile inspecting each and every cell by inserting them into my rectum to insure accurate sizing of the cells.
RickBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Lana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: B double O Bee eye E S
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBud
I would go the extra mile inspecting each and every cell by inserting them into my rectum to insure accurate sizing of the cells.
I'd agree, that is what Surge racing company does when they sell you a pack. Complete GARBAGE and the Gary Huber guy that runs that sh!thole is a complete a$$wipe that has no clue....
Lana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pa
Posts: 295
Default

okay some good answers so far and some diffrent ones thats for sure!
pony klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
Fran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 1,563
Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)
Default

Being a matcher/ reseller, I think the thing that seperates the companys IS customer service. Being a huge company, or a smaller doesn't depict your customer service, it's the people who are involved with the end users who make or break a companys reputation. Fair prices, good numbers and support after the sale is what the racers want.
__________________
Roadrunnersrc.com
Team Associated 12R5.2
Team Associated TC6.2
Team Associated TC7.1
Team Associated F6
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:17 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

hmm i think pre asembled pack with customer choice of battery bar
__________________
Tamiya TB Evo 5
Spektrum DX3R 2.4Ghz, Sanwa ERG-VX, VFS-1
EngTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #11
SPC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 45
Default

1. Honest numbers on the cell labels!
2. Customer service.
3. Competitive pricing.
4. Assembly offered as an option.
SPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:55 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
ford_racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canberra
Posts: 1,480
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC
1. Honest numbers on the cell labels!
2. Customer service.
3. Competitive pricing.
4. Assembly offered as an option.
Thats pretty much all you want but speedy delivery of the cells would also help, also assembly not being too expensive ($1 a cell is reasonable)
__________________
ARC R11
Yokomo YRF001
AE B5m
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:26 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
LasagnaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hickory Hills, IL
Posts: 2,085
Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat
Default

Going out on a limb... I'd like to see lipo cells embraced and sanctioned and not have to deal with battery matchers. May be the death knell for independant matchers, but it could be a giant leap forward for the hobby. Longer races possible (when combined with brushless) as well as lower maintenance.. club racers would in theory have the same packs that factory drivers had, or at least comparable packs. No having to replace them on a constant basis.. no having to take the extra dischargers/trays/etc. to the track... being able to go with one or two packs TOTAL instead of a case full of heavy nimh packs.. no having to wade through multiple voltage levels and price points for nimh matchers, or having to hear about how everyone has their own revoultionary zapping/matching process.. blech. Level the playing field with motors and batteries and you stress what's left - setup skills and driving ability.
__________________
Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life...
LasagnaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:36 AM   #14
Tech Elite
 
HotrodHopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Asphalt Unlimited Customs, Baltimore MD
Posts: 3,144
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HotrodHopkins
Default

  1. Closely Mathin #'s
  2. Cool Lables
  3. Good Prices
  4. Reliable Product
  5. Great Customer Service
__________________
SHAUN HOPKINS a.k.a NoRod Hopkins

-1990 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado TBI350 "Heavy Half". 1971 Chevrolet Nova

-My lug nuts require more Torque than your Honda makes.
HotrodHopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #15
SPC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Going out on a limb... I'd like to see lipo cells embraced and sanctioned and not have to deal with battery matchers. May be the death knell for independant matchers, but it could be a giant leap forward for the hobby. Longer races possible (when combined with brushless) as well as lower maintenance.. club racers would in theory have the same packs that factory drivers had, or at least comparable packs. No having to replace them on a constant basis.. no having to take the extra dischargers/trays/etc. to the track... being able to go with one or two packs TOTAL instead of a case full of heavy nimh packs.. no having to wade through multiple voltage levels and price points for nimh matchers, or having to hear about how everyone has their own revoultionary zapping/matching process.. blech. Level the playing field with motors and batteries and you stress what's left - setup skills and driving ability.
I am not trying to start a confrontational debate or distract from the original intent of this forum. However I must ask, why do you and many others believe that lipo cells will eliminate cell matching and the battery wars in general? Do you believe that all lipo cells are and will be created equal? They do have several promising characteristics that will greatly improve the RC hobby in general, but they are not the final "holy grail" that many believe them to be. There will still be some sort of cell matching and possibly cell enhancing. There will still be the competitive push by manufacturers to deliver the latest and greatest, thus making previous cells appear obsolete. Competition and technology will march on regardless of the cell type or material.
SPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery Company Grepow? YmeBP Electric On-Road 10 07-01-2008 01:58 PM
What's better Company Car Clangeddin Electric On-Road 4 09-12-2005 03:54 PM
What battery company would you choose if you had to change. John Malin Electric On-Road 69 08-04-2005 07:46 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:17 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net