Any problems with DC Motorsports?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any problems with DC Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Any problems with DC Motorsports?

Hello, I have any problems with DC Motorspots, I can't contact Curtis, can you help me, many thanks.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

Sometimes he isn't that fast with answering the e-mails.

Rob
Old 03-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I know he has been racing in Dallas the last weekend. He looked busy taking care of mototrs for guys at the track and trying to win 19t at www.mikeshobbyshop.com
Old 03-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

I ordered there is 10 days ago and I've no news from Texas... I'm quiet unpleasantly surprised...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I see he posted yesterday on this thread . . .

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...92#post2246792

This is his company's thread here on RCTECH. I might PM him with my questions if I were you.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you tried calling, i bet your order has shipped, and what form of shipping did you use for your order, you do live in France right, try Calling or PM on here
Old 03-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Even if it shipped EMS....the odds of you having by now are very unlikely.....EMS is 3-5 days....to france, its usually always 5 days....and then france has one of the most pain in the butt customs in the world.....I have had EMS orders take 2 weeks to get to customers in france....

If it was shipped Air Letter Post.....well, thats 6-12 days.....not counting customs.

Curtis has extremely quick turnaround on modifieds.....I wish I could get modified stuff out as fast as him.....

Later EddieO
Old 03-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Thats was i was saying Eddie, You the MAN
Old 03-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Ordered arms from Curtis for the Slave motor for the TD45 and was here in like 2 days - amazingly fast.. Customs are a pain inthe butt and can sometimes hold things up almost an extra week.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

DC Motors Sports has some cool stuff Curtis Is very helpful. Same with Team Brood EddieO as well has some cool stuff to and Is very helpful to.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys

Sorry I haven’t been around lately on RC Tech, been super doper busy …..

In regards to this email debacle: About 2 months ago it got to the point where I was sending more time in front of the computer responding to emails than I was spending winding motors , and well, that’s not good for productivity. At that time I knew I needed an intervention, so I came up with a productivity schedule. Basically I spend a maximum of 4hrs a day (2 in the morning and 2 in the evening) answering as many emails as I can. If I don’t respond to you with in 24hrs just email me again, it’s that simple. Just because most of you spend your days at work surfing the net and sending mindless emails doesn’t mean I can do the same with my time .

If you really have something important that you need assistance with I suggest you phone us,Ph# is at the bottom of my sig, were open for business 9am-5pm CST Monday-Friday. If I don’t pick up leave a freaking message, I’ll call you back (unlimited long distance and a great international calling plan )…..

Eddie, Dave & Mike, thanks for the kind words

Curt,

Last edited by Curtis Schlaht; 03-28-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

it seems always the case, when people have a new company they spend every spare minute on forums promoting their product, then when they get a loyal following, they then stop the customer service they once had.

you say you don't have the time to answer emails?

if you can't handle the extra business maybe time to employ a few extra staff? it can't be that hard to find a few kids from the local track to help with emails and answering phones? heres a tip to get cheap labour. sponser a few of the kids at the track, then ask them for "help" at your shop with packing, and shiping etc. most will jump at the opportunity.

ok flame away but you know its true.

Last edited by XingXing; 03-29-2006 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Well, that is not a good idea, i own my own business in the Auto Racing Industery and i for one, would not and do not want kids anwersing emails or answering Questions about my products that are not at the top of there game in that field, whether it be R/c motors or DragRacing transmissions. that wont work. Curt is a super nice guy and is always helpful , like he said if you have a problem with something, PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL. End of Story.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

xingxing, where are you?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Actually XingXing is spot on. Most RC manufactures do indeed employ races form their local community. Example; Novak hired Charlie Suangka about 5 years ago to help with tech support. At that time Charlie didn’t know much about Novak and there product line, but has since become a valued asset to their company. Losi; employees several racers to help with the tech support (i.e. Todd Hodge & Adam Drake). And Mugen has Robbie Collins (A local So Cal race) helping with sales and tech support…..
I’ve already offered a sales/tech support job to one of my racers earlier this month. Once we move into our new facility in June he will be relocating ….. So please don’t flame Xing, he’s just offering advice (after all this is a public chat forum)….Thanks

Curt,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.