Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DAZC
Guys,i have one of Pauls pre production motor centralizing mounts,no need for redrilling of the chassis,just some minor dremaling needed on the top plate.
Existing AE bulkheads are retained!

Its a really simple and effective solution to making the motor mount inline,and does improve the cars performance.

When you actually see it you will wonder why someone has not come up with this system earlier.

Watch this space as i am sure Paul (aka Pablo Diablo)with have more info to follow.
pictures man! pictures!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DAZC
Guys,i have one of Pauls pre production motor centralizing mounts,no need for redrilling of the chassis,just some minor dremaling needed on the top plate.
Existing AE bulkheads are retained!

Its a really simple and effective solution to making the motor mount inline,and does improve the cars performance.

When you actually see it you will wonder why someone has not come up with this system earlier.

Watch this space as i am sure Paul (aka Pablo Diablo)with have more info to follow.
Well I'm excited!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Suspended

How do these compare to the after market bulkheads which are sold by a guy on here?, as i know the material used on the standard bulkheads is not exactly the strongest stuff lol.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
pictures man! pictures!
I will post pics as soon as production is done. Don't want to give away too much

Originally Posted by PickenStir
How do these compare to the after market bulkheads which are sold by a guy on here?, as i know the material used on the standard bulkheads is not exactly the strongest stuff lol.
Main difference is my design is just a motor mount. The advantage will be a much lower cost and ease of removing the layshaft. Motor will be moved 5mm closer to center, in-line with the bulkhead.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hi Pablo!

Can you ship it to Poland, Europe when you done ?

Regards!
m.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
I will post pics as soon as production is done. Don't want to give away too much
Pablo - i call dibs on the first one! i sent you a PM. let me know.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Main difference is my design is just a motor mount. The advantage will be a much lower cost and ease of removing the layshaft. Motor will be moved 5mm closer to center, in-line with the bulkhead.
What is the reason for moving the motor in 5mm?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyU
What is the reason for moving the motor in 5mm?
better / easier balance left to right.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

hi all
i know what this modification is as iv done some for the team drivers in the uk and it isnt much good. you still have the problem of the bulkheads bending with a hard impact and unlike my bulkheads the spur gear is still to far up in the air and they need to be the 5mm lower which helps the centre of gravity. ask any of the team drivers who are using my bulkheads.

regards greig

[email protected]
Old 12-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by leg iron
hi all
i know what this modification is as iv done some for the team drivers in the uk and it isnt much good. you still have the problem of the bulkheads bending with a hard impact and unlike my bulkheads the spur gear is still to far up in the air and they need to be the 5mm lower which helps the centre of gravity. ask any of the team drivers who are using my bulkheads.

regards greig

[email protected]
bashing on other items is no way of advertising your own product
Old 12-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Rookie

im not bashing any other product! far from it, im just saying it how it is. this is a cheap solution but it wont fully cure the problem. i dont want to get into arguements on here thats why i dont bother coming on here very often. i supply a nearly all of the team drivers and alot other people worldwide so i know the bulkheads i supply work. fact!!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leg iron
hi all

regards greig

[email protected]
Hi Greig, with Pablo's design we are finding that because the motor mount is not connected in any way to the current bulkheads there is no chance of the std bulkheads now bending because of a hit on the motor.Of course there is still the option of adding the inexpensive lowered Exoteck bearing holders to lower the CG,My personal opinion and testing is the layshaft is better left in its std position now with the reduced lipo weight limits around the world.

The current trend is to flip the belts on the TC5 and run your electronics and lipo as much down the centre line as possible,with leaving the layshaft at its std position it allows you to mount the cells way closer to the centre line without fouling on the 20t pulleys.

If anyone is running the Exoteck chassis with the option bearing blocks or Greigs lowered design would have found the most inward battery mount position is not possible to use for this reason.

Once again my testing tells me there is more advantage in running everything as central as possible than lowering the layshaft, i am sure Greig would agree some what here as the whole idea of his bulkhead is to also mount the motor more on the centre line, if this was not the case he would have only lowered the layshaft and left the motor in its existing position?

The moral here guys is both Pablo's and Greigs products improve you current TC5,I am sure neither of these guys is putting in an order for a new Ferrari because of the expected sales of there products,so go with which ever one you like best and fits your budget,i am sure you will be happy with the performance either way!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm sure both upgrades are quite viable to improving the TC5. One problem that I'll have with the full bulkhead and motor mount is that I don't have the tools and know how to modify the chassis plate that creates a problem for me if I were to get them.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Dazc post is one of the most sensible iv seen on here in a wile! what he says is exactly true, it really does sound like pablo has put some thought into the modification of the original bulkheads and it will be great to see what he comes up with. im glad that some people see that we are looking to improve the car and not put it down. its exactly true that i wont be ordering a ferrari.lol. to manufacture these bulkheads is a lot of time and effort which i do more for helping the team drivers etc than a money spinner as im sure people will agree if you can imagine how long it takes to drill and tap the 13x 3mm holes in each set!! as im not associated and not got there set up. but im all for pablos idea if its an option for a different budget as everone doesnt want to spend the same and i think this is another option that will be great.
really look forward to this mod when it gets posted as its great to see new ideas.

ps daz i would agree with you about the motor being moved more towards the front of the car if thats what you were saying?

greig

greig
Old 12-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I think that it is ridiculous for someone else to have to make improvements on a manufacturers car. Don't get me wrong I think it is great that someone spends the time to thinks of improvement. I just don't understand why AE doesn't make improvements to there own product. Some other manufacturers do. I just wanted to throw this out ther. It has been on my mind for awhile now. I am not saying anything bad to anyone or about anyone. I am just stating a fact. Just my .02 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.