Old 09-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Rick, where you running IB's or GP's ?
I was using IB cells.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Rick having you on here to explain what went down with both the rubber and foam claases is very cool. I am excited to see how you guys ( who ever it is) does at the cleveland indoor champs. I am glad to here that you now have a good starting point and with low traction in vegas maybe the car will be money with high traction.

I think AE is going in the right direction with designing a belt car and having some of the AE team ( team manager and drivers ) come on here to fill us in on the prgress of the new car. I am definitly excited to get this car when it is released
Old 09-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

I gotta say the new car looked good, just not quite ready for production. In talking to the team drivers one of the things that they want to acomplish is to make the car easy to work on and not big $$$$$$. I want one that is for sure but most everyone I talked to from the team was talking February for a release date. Not sure if they were being over careful about mentioning dates or what. I would like to see Santa (UPS Guy) show up at the shop with one for me and the rest of the good little boys.

I spent a good while at the IIC race trying to convince Rick and Craig to let me put one on e-bay. What do you think it would have gone for? Craig was suprised to hear that people would buy it pre production.

Corey
Old 09-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rick is a consummate professional, something which is lacking from a lot of company representatives. I'd put Adrian from Schumacher and Todd Hodge from Losi in that category as well.

I wish more companies had representatives like these guys that were out here talking on the Internet and keeping us informed.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoachRacing
I spent a good while at the IIC race trying to convince Rick and Craig to let me put one on e-bay. What do you think it would have gone for?

Corey
Rolling chassis, $1000 starting bid
Old 09-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Rick is a consummate professional, something which is lacking from a lot of company representatives. I'd put Adrian from Schumacher and Todd Hodge from Losi in that category as well.

I wish more companies had representatives like these guys that were out here talking on the Internet and keeping us informed.
Nailed that on the head. Had multiple people tell me that they were suprised how nice Todd is. I have talked to him at other races and he has alway been very nice. Certain other companies have drivers that are a little harsh to talk to. No good anwsers just more annoyed to be talking. I never got that from any of the ae drivers when I asked a question about anything. That reminds me I owe John Orr 2 - diff shims. Got to vegas minus one box of odd's and ends. Had to borrow stuff to make thing work right
Old 09-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

There are alot of guys in the industry that are appoachable, sometimes it is more about timing and what is going on in the other persons day.

Rick has always been willing to give some advice, same as Todd and a bunch of others, like Matt Francis(retired), Adam Drake, Steve Slayden, Paul Wynn, Jason Ruona, etc.(there are more!) All top notch reps for the sport!
Even the world famous J. Filipow will take the time if his entourage and groupies aren't blocking access! LOL

Good to see the "What happened" from someone who actually may know, ha. Looks like Rick is settling in well with the current A/E team.

Good luck at the next one!

...Jim
Old 09-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Rick/Others,
Since you mentioned you've never run carpet/foam before Vegas, who are the team drivers who are more "carpet specific"?

I know AE used to have Blackstock who was a "carpet" guy. Is there someone on the team now who's giving carpet specific input for this design?

Still looking forward to seeing more of this car...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Rick/Others,
Since you mentioned you've never run carpet/foam before Vegas, who are the team drivers who are more "carpet specific"?

I know AE used to have Blackstock who was a "carpet" guy. Is there someone on the team now who's giving carpet specific input for this design?

Still looking forward to seeing more of this car...
Ae has several drivers that race mostly carpet including Orr, Henderson, Desrosiers, and Heiser to name a few. All were racing the TC4 at the IIC but will presumably racing the new car very soon. In fact many have used it in testing but with limited prototype numbers, only three drivers used them at the IIC.

The engineer responsible for the design, Bob Stellflue, is a foam/carpet racer. His racing experience and education gave us the great platform we have now.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Here is another picture for you guys...

Old 09-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Here you go Aaron.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Now I know what you did Aaron. LOL!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

What was I doing wrong lol?
Old 09-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anybody know if Associated is going to have the two models (belt and drive shaft) as Kyosho for example, or is going to sell only the belted drive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.