Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

Sooooo, I'm not getting beat cause my batts don't have sky high numbers?!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Initiate

the spur would run in the same direction even if the motor was moved to the other side of the chassis
Old 03-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by redlinezak
the spur would run in the same direction even if the motor was moved to the other side of the chassis
If the pinion is moved to the other side of the spur, it will reverse the spur's direction is the point I was trying to make. By moving the motor from one side of the car to another, it will therefore be on the opposite side of the spur.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Moving the motor from the left side of the car to the right side on a belt car would make the car go backward. Moving it from in front of the spur to behind the spur would have no effect on the direction.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default As far as shaft cars go...

Originally Posted by TadehI
They should have used the Pro 4 diff houses. Theres no binding out of the package. They are perfect.
I think the Pro 4 the best hands down. It would be cool to see a low CG shaft design though.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

So,

I guess this car was not at the worlds warm up race. So I guess time will tell if AE brings the car to life and if shows up at the worlds?????

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 04-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JWATT
If the pinion is moved to the other side of the spur, it will reverse the spur's direction is the point I was trying to make. By moving the motor from one side of the car to another, it will therefore be on the opposite side of the spur.
The motor can be switched from side to side without a problem on a drive shaft car. Motor still spins in the same direction!

On a belt the motor will spin backwards. Unless as Jon Kerr said you can put the motor in front or behind the spur gear but not switch sides.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speedxl
The motor can be switched from side to side without a problem on a drive shaft car. Motor still spins in the same direction!

On a belt the motor will spin backwards. Unless as Jon Kerr said you can put the motor in front or behind the spur gear but not switch sides.
Yes, you are right the motor spins the same direction, but by being on the other side of the spur, the SPUR'S direction is reversed.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JWATT
Yes, you are right the motor spins the same direction, but by being on the other side of the spur, the SPUR'S direction is reversed.
If the motor spins in the same direction, how can the direction of the spur be reversed? If the spur's direction was reversed, the car would run in reverse as well. The spur is not reversed.

Only one thing changes when you move the motor from one side of the drive shaft to the other...the relation in which the drive shaft and the motor amrature spin in relation to each other. On a stock TC3/4, the drive shaft and motor armature spin in toward each other. If you put the motor on the other side of the car, now the drvie shaft and the motor armature spin away from each other
Old 04-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by koabich
Well just rememebr that RC cars are not for everyone! Just because you want to be good at it doesn't mean you will be.

I want to be awesome playing guitar but after 10 years I still stink. I wonder if I can blame it on the guitar??

It's not how many years... but how many hours....and yea your guitar could suck.....
Old 04-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Espo
It's not how many years... but how many hours....and yea your guitar could suck.....
I think you missed the point of the post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by koabich
If the motor spins in the same direction, how can the direction of the spur be reversed? If the spur's direction was reversed, the car would run in reverse as well. The spur is not reversed.

Only one thing changes when you move the motor from one side of the drive shaft to the other...the relation in which the drive shaft and the motor amrature spin in relation to each other. On a stock TC3/4, the drive shaft and motor armature spin in toward each other. If you put the motor on the other side of the car, now the drvie shaft and the motor armature spin away from each other
DUH! My bad, you guys are right!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

So not too many hours then hu, bucket boy??
Old 04-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Just haven some fun buddy .....
Old 04-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

any rumours of a belted AE tc. just a question i read somewhere!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.