R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #76
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Driver's Stand- Tulsa, OK
Posts: 280
Wink

Sooooo, I'm not getting beat cause my batts don't have sky high numbers?!
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #77
Tech Initiate
 
redlinezak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 39
Default

the spur would run in the same direction even if the motor was moved to the other side of the chassis
redlinezak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #78
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Driver's Stand- Tulsa, OK
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinezak
the spur would run in the same direction even if the motor was moved to the other side of the chassis
If the pinion is moved to the other side of the spur, it will reverse the spur's direction is the point I was trying to make. By moving the motor from one side of the car to another, it will therefore be on the opposite side of the spur.
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:03 PM   #79
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Moving the motor from the left side of the car to the right side on a belt car would make the car go backward. Moving it from in front of the spur to behind the spur would have no effect on the direction.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,270
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default As far as shaft cars go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadehI
They should have used the Pro 4 diff houses. Theres no binding out of the package. They are perfect.
I think the Pro 4 the best hands down. It would be cool to see a low CG shaft design though.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:51 AM   #81
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

So,

I guess this car was not at the worlds warm up race. So I guess time will tell if AE brings the car to life and if shows up at the worlds?????


Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #82
Tech Elite
 
speedxl's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland Oregon.
Posts: 3,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWATT
If the pinion is moved to the other side of the spur, it will reverse the spur's direction is the point I was trying to make. By moving the motor from one side of the car to another, it will therefore be on the opposite side of the spur.
The motor can be switched from side to side without a problem on a drive shaft car. Motor still spins in the same direction!

On a belt the motor will spin backwards. Unless as Jon Kerr said you can put the motor in front or behind the spur gear but not switch sides.
__________________
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #83
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Driver's Stand- Tulsa, OK
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl
The motor can be switched from side to side without a problem on a drive shaft car. Motor still spins in the same direction!

On a belt the motor will spin backwards. Unless as Jon Kerr said you can put the motor in front or behind the spur gear but not switch sides.
Yes, you are right the motor spins the same direction, but by being on the other side of the spur, the SPUR'S direction is reversed.
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:29 AM   #84
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,360
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWATT
Yes, you are right the motor spins the same direction, but by being on the other side of the spur, the SPUR'S direction is reversed.
If the motor spins in the same direction, how can the direction of the spur be reversed? If the spur's direction was reversed, the car would run in reverse as well. The spur is not reversed.

Only one thing changes when you move the motor from one side of the drive shaft to the other...the relation in which the drive shaft and the motor amrature spin in relation to each other. On a stock TC3/4, the drive shaft and motor armature spin in toward each other. If you put the motor on the other side of the car, now the drvie shaft and the motor armature spin away from each other
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:30 AM   #85
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
Well just rememebr that RC cars are not for everyone! Just because you want to be good at it doesn't mean you will be.

I want to be awesome playing guitar but after 10 years I still stink. I wonder if I can blame it on the guitar??

It's not how many years... but how many hours....and yea your guitar could suck.....
__________________
R/CAmerica, Hudy, X-Ray, Trinity, Protoform, Speed Passion, Matrix Tires, Laser Products Industries, Leisure Hours Hobbies.........
Espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:32 AM   #86
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,360
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo
It's not how many years... but how many hours....and yea your guitar could suck.....
I think you missed the point of the post
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #87
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Driver's Stand- Tulsa, OK
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
If the motor spins in the same direction, how can the direction of the spur be reversed? If the spur's direction was reversed, the car would run in reverse as well. The spur is not reversed.

Only one thing changes when you move the motor from one side of the drive shaft to the other...the relation in which the drive shaft and the motor amrature spin in relation to each other. On a stock TC3/4, the drive shaft and motor armature spin in toward each other. If you put the motor on the other side of the car, now the drvie shaft and the motor armature spin away from each other
DUH! My bad, you guys are right!
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:35 AM   #88
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

So not too many hours then hu, bucket boy??
__________________
R/CAmerica, Hudy, X-Ray, Trinity, Protoform, Speed Passion, Matrix Tires, Laser Products Industries, Leisure Hours Hobbies.........
Espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:37 AM   #89
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Just haven some fun buddy .....
__________________
R/CAmerica, Hudy, X-Ray, Trinity, Protoform, Speed Passion, Matrix Tires, Laser Products Industries, Leisure Hours Hobbies.........
Espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #90
Tech Master
 
todb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tacoma, Wa
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to todb
Default

any rumours of a belted AE tc. just a question i read somewhere!
__________________
OVA Neo. HW, Motiv.
Orange is faster.
todb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 07:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 01:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 07:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 08:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 12:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net