Old 01-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

See Also: Blog Spam.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

I also forgot copyrights.

Anyways back to the suject at hand:

Cant wait for this car. I know Losi is saying 3/20 still for the release date for the type-R yet no photos have been released.

Come on guys quit teasing when are you releasing it to the public.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Suspended

I'm really feelin' the love here guys. Thanks!

Originally Posted by RoachRacing
You do what you want, but now you have made it so people have to register to view "your" pictures. When those pictures are from Associated not your website.
No, I think the forum just doesn't like you, thats all. The pages seem to load fine for me when I'm logged out.

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Or you could write a simple mod_rewrite to prevent hotlinking, and not watermark someone else's images as a form of advertising. Watermarking someone else's content is universally hated on the Internet. Need proof? http://ebaumsworldsucks.com/
It's already been done, don't worry.

*ahem*

I rest my case.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by therczone
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the site, it's in my RSS reader and I see it every day.

I rest my case.
Right, a lot of people do it, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do. Look at popular blogs in other sectors, and you'll find that it's frowned upon. Nobody calls out R/C blogs because it's a niche market and relatively few people care compared to other markets, but it's still considered bad form. Reputable sites like redrc.net seem to do okay without this.

Again, I love the site, but the bandwidth argument was weak. You and I both know you guys want the watermarked images hotlinked, because it's free advertising as the images get passed around. You obviously have a minor clue about how to run a site, I'm pretty sure you already knew you could block requests based on the referring URL, but chose to ignore it.

Keep up the good work. It pays to run a clean shop. Let your quality reporting speak for you, not backhanded advertising.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here are some bigger pics
http://www.gregrojna.com/tc5_big.html
Old 01-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

nice looking car. i'd love to see some pricing on it.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RoachRacing

Cant wait for this car. I know Losi is saying 3/20 still for the release date for the type-R yet no photos have been released.
http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSK0256

I can't wait for this car.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

It's already been done, don't worry.

I rest my case.
I don't watermark images on my site because i don't own the rights to the image, its always been a pet hate of mine when people put their water mark on an image thats not theirs.

In your examples, the image of The Drake is watermarked by oOple who took the photo and the Rube Dude and Radio Control watermarks are there because they also took those photos.

I also have no problem displaying images that have watermarks to advertise their sites because i am using their content but i also always give credit for all content so for me personally the watermark isn't necessary but its the other sites that don't give credit is what forces people to place watermarks.

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Great Job to the Area 51 Crew on the TC5,

This will be a expensive year for me TC5 and an RC8... started saving the pennies already.

See you guys on the track soon.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 02-01-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I hope Associated does well but I think they are where they should have been with the TC4FT. It seems they have gotten themselves just a little behind. When you look at everybody elses new cars and compare them some features are glaringly wrong. I can not believe how far out the motor is hanging, most new designs worked very hard to bring it in. Check out how the new Corally has the motor tight to the batteries and how far away the TC5 is. This has got to slow the car down in tight corners. If this car is easy to work on, and it looks like it is, it should be a great club racer. This could bring back the Associated groupies.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-tc5.jpg   Team Associated TC5-phi2.jpg  
Old 02-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

No, I think the forum just doesn't like you, thats all. The pages seem to load fine for me when I'm logged out.

Actually, No you have to register to view the pages.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Lord

Have another latte.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Rojna, did you take the original photos there? just wondered where you got the larger versions from?

Yeah - I wondered why my photo was listed up there as an example. I watermark it because I took it! I watermark them because they tend to get displayed around various places and usually people will put where it came from, but often they don't, which is a bit naughty really.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
Check out how the new Corally has the motor tight to the batteries and how far away the TC5 is. This has got to slow the car down in tight corners.
I hope you're kidding....
Old 02-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jimmy, you got PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.