Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree367Likes

Serpent X20

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the part numbers. Happy New Year and Many A Main Wins!!
My first body of the year!

I found a guy on Instagram that makes the best damn custom stickers you will have have. He made the Serpent, Wurks, and my name tag. The best quality printing I ever got. No cutting or finger prints on them. Unlike the cheap crap we all get from all RC brands.

OH yes I know I need to cut the body post down. This Protoform Turismo body is super slammed in the front and I am still running Type S body and its way higher. lol
Old 01-01-2020, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian10811
My first body of the year!

I found a guy on Instagram that makes the best damn custom stickers you will have have. He made the Serpent, Wurks, and my name tag. The best quality printing I ever got. No cutting or finger prints on them. Unlike the cheap crap we all get from all RC brands.

OH yes I know I need to cut the body post down. This Protoform Turismo body is super slammed in the front and I am still running Type S body and its way higher. lol
looks good ! Love the “roll over” posts
dawgmeat and Brian10811 like this.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

that is a good one! Hey roll over a antennas was popular back in the 90's. I am trying to start the trend, roll over body post.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[...] I found a guy on Instagram that makes the best damn custom stickers you will have have. [...]
Would you share?
Old 01-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Airwave
Would you share?
Sure, his web site is https://www.illmarshmallow.com/ and you can also find him on Instagram. ill.marshmallow to see his work.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For those of you waiting on the top decks, they are available to order on the website now. Serpent X20
bshookup, erchn, KUI and 2 others like this.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

I am very excited to write this race day test with the new RSD upper deck provide by Christian Tabush. I first want to start by thanking Christian again for giving me two upper decks to try out (1.5 and 2.0).

Immediately on the first lap I could notice a huge difference in the corners. I ran the 1.5 upper deck with the X20 graphite chassis. The car is tremendously more responsive from the moment you enter the corner all the way to exit. The problem with the stock upper deck I feel has to much flex which makes the car feel lazy from enter to exit.

I felt my setup was pretty close to on-point so all day I just played around with camber and ride height. As the traction went from low grip to medium grip the X20 never fell off pace. The X20 really likes the 1 degree camber all the way around. We had some really stiff competition today and I managed to finish 3rd spot in the A-main. I made 2 mistakes and one dumb mistake but all in all I am extremely please with the car and I know a few things that will make it even better. I just did not have time to make the changes today. It was a bit tough trying to run 2 classes today.

Also on a side review. I ran the Protoform Turismo body. I really loved the response and the feel with this body. It was more aggressive than my Type S body but man I could thread the needle with this lid. I think it would be faster than the Type S it was just me overdriving it. I am for sure less tense during the race with the Type S. It will take some practice to get use to the aggressive feel but very stable with hard acceleration.

Next week I plan on running Black carpet track and will let everyone know the results.
Marcos.J, dawgmeat, Slo_E4 and 1 others like this.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I am very excited to write this race day test with the new RSD upper deck provide by Christian Tabush. I first want to start by thanking Christian again for giving me two upper decks to try out (1.5 and 2.0).

Immediately on the first lap I could notice a huge difference in the corners. I ran the 1.5 upper deck with the X20 graphite chassis. The car is tremendously more responsive from the moment you enter the corner all the way to exit. The problem with the stock upper deck I feel has to much flex which makes the car feel lazy from enter to exit.

I felt my setup was pretty close to on-point so all day I just played around with camber and ride height. As the traction went from low grip to medium grip the X20 never fell off pace. The X20 really likes the 1 degree camber all the way around. We had some really stiff competition today and I managed to finish 3rd spot in the A-main. I made 2 mistakes and one dumb mistake but all in all I am extremely please with the car and I know a few things that will make it even better. I just did not have time to make the changes today. It was a bit tough trying to run 2 classes today.

Also on a side review. I ran the Protoform Turismo body. I really loved the response and the feel with this body. It was more aggressive than my Type S body but man I could thread the needle with this lid. I think it would be faster than the Type S it was just me overdriving it. I am for sure less tense during the race with the Type S. It will take some practice to get use to the aggressive feel but very stable with hard acceleration.

Next week I plan on running Black carpet track and will let everyone know the results.
for sure a big difference from the stock deck!
Brian10811 likes this.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Wow, I’ll have to look into that then! I also like the aggressive look of the Turismo from the front in that picture.

So are you planning to run the 2.0 plate on the carpet then?
Brian10811 likes this.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Wow, I’ll have to look into that then! I also like the aggressive look of the Turismo from the front in that picture.

So are you planning to run the 2.0 plate on the carpet then?
Yes that is my plan to start off with. I want to set the car up for a wider track width and keep the lower roll centers down to 1mm. Right now I am looking at a few setups and base it on what I learned from last week with the new upper deck. The top deck is the ticket in my opinion. I feel the stock top deck just makes the car to lazy in the corners. It almost is like torquing the chassis with the stock deck.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Got 2 new parts for you guys.

At the request and Suggestion of Ethan Erchinger, we made these bulkhead braces for the X20 . RSD Serpent X20 2.0 mm Carbon Fiber Bulkhead Braces

Additionally, we now also have a 2.0mm Std Carbon Fiber Top Deck. Similar side to side flex to the 1.5 quasi, but stiffer fore and aft for more forward bite. RSD Serpent X20 2.0 mm Quasi Carbon Top Deck

Marcos.J and Brian10811 like this.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Shipping to Australia?
Old 01-14-2020, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by herrokero
Shipping to Australia?
yes, we do ship to Australia.
herrokero likes this.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Super happy to see Reflex making some parts for the X20, it definitely helps my decision in buying one. Any plans on making more stuff in the future?
Old 01-14-2020, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pyro854
Super happy to see Reflex making some parts for the X20, it definitely helps my decision in buying one. Any plans on making more stuff in the future?
We’ll definitely consider it. Would like to know what end users want though. So if you folks have suggestions, fire away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.