Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1187Likes

wtcc's TT-02 KR

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Kevin, I wanted to ask, with the V2, have you guys run Foams on it yet? Perhaps at Dasing?
Old 12-08-2019, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No. I guess you will run into the same problems: The rims will collide with the steering arm of the hubs and or the lower part of the shocks. But I never tried... I can check now.

Edit: The rear with 30mm foam tire needs 2.5mm shims on each side to stay away from the lower shock ballcup. One problem is, that with this amount of shimming, a 190mm body will be to narrow. The front could/should fit with 26mm tires.

Last edited by wtcc; 12-08-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Its ok Kevin, I will just narrow the wheels to rubber tire width. We will see what we can get away with.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 12-08-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

I felt, I had to work on one more topic: With the introduction of the heave damper I lost the support of the bumper of the upper brace in case of a crash. While in v2 it would have just broke the droopplate, this time the droopplate and the heave damper mechanism would suffer; and cause a unhappy driver within a short amount of time.
So these two bridges run over the damper (and leave some room for movement). They lock in behind the bumper brace and guide the forces to the topdeck plate and the chassis.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

A new body to try for my v2. Chris (the actual dominator of the GT-Sport class) really likes this Exotek body and also uses it indoors. After my great body test last time out, it came to my mind, that Chris only had good words for it and that I never drove it. This will change now.
For the livery, I decided for a Brumos Racing look with a asymmetric colour scheme.

Old 12-15-2019, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

It was an interesting day. After the 1/12th race on friday, the track felt different and was definitely slower. After the first runs, I tried which body is the fastest. The times were very close. The Zodiac turns faster, but has a strange feeling, feedback and a nervous rear. Especially the latter made it difficult to drive, as the carpet gained steering. The Exotek is much nicer to drive with strong steering and a calm rear. I could push and control my rhythm better which reflected in consistent laptimes. With the J-Zero GT I drove my new pb with a 9.267s lap on old tires.
The first run on new tires showed how much greater the grip on new tires is. I had grip roll Right now I am confident to get into the 9.1s

walrusjon likes this.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wtcc

It was an interesting day. After the 1/12th race on friday, the track felt different and was definitely slower. After the first runs, I tried which body is the fastest. The times were very close. The Zodiac turns faster, but has a strange feeling, feedback and a nervous rear. Especially the latter made it difficult to drive, as the carpet gained steering. The Exotek is much nicer to drive with strong steering and a calm rear. I could push and control my rhythm better which reflected in consistent laptimes. With the J-Zero GT I drove my new pb with a 9.267s lap on old tires.
The first run on new tires showed how much greater the grip on new tires is. I had grip roll Right now I am confident to get into the 9.1s

Simply beautiful. I also have plans to get this body.
rippen likes this.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

@Eotz: For the good look, place the front lights around 1cm more towards the front of the car. The original suggested placement looks a little odd

Today I continued to work on the bumper support. The arcs are angled now to allow the access to different screws. After a movement simulation of arms and heave damper, I could also lower the arcs by 2mm. The droopplate was extended to push the bumper 8mm forward to make space for the heave damper:

I hope I find the time to prepare all parts for the manufacturing process between christmas and new years
Old 01-03-2020, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

The time of CAD is finally over.
It took more than two full days to again prepare the data for Shapeways (3D print) and Ahltec (milling service).
Nearly every part received an updated design since the first time I wanted to build the car. This time I am sure everything will work. So even if the car should be slow (because I f****ed up ), at least it will be reliable.
With this in mind I uploaded the .stl files to the Shapeways shop. I get the feeling, these guys get more expensive everytime

The second task was to explain via email and by pictures how I wanted the carbon fiber to be milled in the desired shapes. My loyal customers Eric and Michael already seized the opportunity and ordered their v3. Let the waiting for the ordered parts begin
Old 01-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default 3D-Printing

You might want to take a closer look at rapidobject.com for 3d-printed parts. They are seated in Germany and their prices for polyamid are usually better than Shapeways. The only material I still use Shapeways for, is 3d-printed aluminium.

Regards,

Andy
Qatmix, MatsNorway and wtcc like this.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how come that you still don't have your own 3D printer? It would be already paid by all you have already paid to Shapeways, wouldn't it?
racer034life and wtcc like this.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
how come that you still don't have your own 3D printer? It would be already paid by all you have already paid to Shapeways, wouldn't it?
Or a 3 in 1 3D printer, CNC, and laser cutter for that matter! Could cut carbon then too.
wtcc likes this.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kevin, you can also go and check this site for 3D printed parts : https://www.weerg.com/en/
Far less expensive than Shapeways ans usually faster delivery too I only use Shapeways for their 3D tool to ensure all parts are within printing tolerances.

Regarding the purchase of a own 3D printer, I am not very informed about it that but I am not sure anyone can get a 3D printer using other printing solutions than the additive method, unlike Shapeways option which uses powder melting. I much prefer this second option because parts are structuraly stronger and you don't have to overthing about holes position vs printed layers.

Regards,
G-rem
wtcc likes this.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the sugestions. I will definitly give these sellers a try and see who offers most for the money!

@Airwave: I have a filament 3D printer I can use for free, but like G-rem said, I want and need the strength of the laser sinter process.
Buying a printer for that makes no sense for my little projects. As far as I know, the price for a decent printer would be around 4K-7K€. The costs for all parts I ordered from Shapeways are still way below 500€. This would not pay off in 15 years

@mschumi101: Did I miss some important new technological developments
Marcos.J and G-rem like this.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Honestly, I can print carbon re-inforced PETG parts with my Prusa and it costs about 1000$... What polymer are you using for these parts?

Last edited by Airwave; 01-04-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.