Wiki Posts
Search

Advice needed for Broken Tamya TT01

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Advice needed for Broken Tamya TT01

Hey Guys
I've had a kinda broken TT01 lying around for years now, and i decided i wanted to repair it.
It seems to have some sort of transmission Issues.
To roll backwards, i have to hit the lever several times before it moves, and sometimes i just loose control over the car for a few seconds.
Seems to be something electronic, i'd really appreciate it if someone could tell what parts i should start looking at and repair.
l do have a programmable Brushless Motor in there

Thank you guys
Old 11-27-2017, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

could be a calibration issue. if it is its a pretty simple process with the radio and esc.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To roll backwards, i have to hit the lever several times before it moves, and sometimes i just loose control over the car for a few seconds.
Can you provide us w/ the model name and type of ESC you are using?

I know that some ESC's (I had an LRP brand) that you had to hit reverse twice to actually go backwards. It was a setting that could be turned off, ...but frustrated me too until I figured out how to re-program it.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is it a brushed motor? If so it might need to be cleaned out and re oiled I sometimes get weird “go no go” symptoms when the brushes are not seated well.... I’m assuming it was a brushed kit.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Please describe the problem a bit more.
Are you trying to go in to reverse directly from forward throttle?
Just a note..some (actually most) speed controls have a delay built in. In other words..once you let off the throttle trigger (in other words return to neutral position)...it takes a few seconds before you can actually put the car in reverse.
This is done so that when the car is going forward and heavy brake is applied the car will not immediately go into reverse...which would be a bad thing if you're racing. This is why many race programs require reverse to be deactivated during a race.
Please describe the action a little more. Also what radio are you using and what speed control?