Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fredygump

Electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Electrical issue

So I hope I pit this in the right thread. I don't really post here much. Been having a little issue with my B6D. To start I have a hobbywing V3.1 esc and a reedy Mach 3 17.5ss motor. Protek batt. Savox servo. The issue is lately it has been cutting out. If I let off the throttle or apply brake it will once and a while cut out. I will have no throttle. If I let back off and back in it then it takes off again. I have replaced the sensor wire twice. Re soldered the motor and replaced receiver. The only thing I can think of is the Esc or motor. Anyone have any thoughts??

Joe
HRP
Hobbyrecreationproducts.comj
Old 04-30-2017, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Polish hammer
So I hope I pit this in the right thread. I don't really post here much. Been having a little issue with my B6D. To start I have a hobbywing V3.1 esc and a reedy Mach 3 17.5ss motor. Protek batt. Savox servo. The issue is lately it has been cutting out. If I let off the throttle or apply brake it will once and a while cut out. I will have no throttle. If I let back off and back in it then it takes off again. I have replaced the sensor wire twice. Re soldered the motor and replaced receiver. The only thing I can think of is the Esc or motor. Anyone have any thoughts??

Joe
HRP
Hobbyrecreationproducts.comj
Spektrum radio?
Old 04-30-2017, 06:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Futaba 4px
Old 04-30-2017, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does it do this consistently throughout the run, or does it start happening toward the end of the run?

When I hear that the throttle is cutting out, I think low voltage cutoff due to an old battery.

Do you just have 1 battery, or does it do the same thing with multiple batteries?

This behavior is a little different than what I would expect, but I am not familiar with your specific ESC and how it is programmed. But because you didn't mention changing batteries or the condition of your batteries, I think you should look into the condition of your batteries before you do anything drastic.
abailey21 likes this.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Maybe the low voltage is set to high, check that
Old 04-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

The battery is a low pro protek and its got about 20 runs on it. I have tried other batteries such as my racers Edge packs. My mind tells me it's the motor because that is the newest part I have. Also just a little more info is it's not thermal either. Hottest it comes off at is 168 motor and 105 esc. It does though seem to do it more after a few laps in. So I did think batt or thermal but like I said I tested both of those possibilities already.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I will double check the low voltage cutoff but I'm pretty sure I have it disabled completely. I use the hwi wifi box so I can program it directly from my cell.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It could be a more severe problem, but I hope not. I had a motor & ESC combo die on me. The motor developed a "dead spot", where it wouldn't start up at all if it was in that specific spot. Like the hall sensor started going bad. It developed gradually, so it could be something like that starting to happen?
Old 04-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

I will start with the motor I guess. That would be the easiest. I hope it's not the ESC. I've grown fond of this one. Lol
Old 04-30-2017, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

If you have a different motor, try that and see if the problem continues. Could be a bad sensor in the motor.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Check your solder joints.... all may look good but a bad connection can heat up and cause problems. Eventually causing the solder joint to come apart.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Power batteries are more useful while the electrical issue arises. Low voltage may be the electrical issue that has occurs much time.