Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

4wd stadium trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The conversion of the TC3 to the BJ4 and hence B44 was hardly the start of the 4wd revolution. 4wd was alive and active as long as 2wd. It was very active in the 80's with Kyosho and Schumacher being the big race names. The B44 was merely Team Associated's entrance into the 4wd market. The class was long established and successful by then. It may have rejuvenated the 4wd racing scene but that's no less accurate that saying that the release of the 22 by Losi rejuvenated a tired 2wd scene. Neither created a class.
racer1812 likes this.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You have this idea that at some point this class might actually come to exist on a large scale. I can tell you having watched trends come and go as well as classes emerge and fail over the past 25+ years that 4wd ST isn't going to happen. It missed it's chance.

"Took Associated how many years just to solidify that design?" Are you kidding me? It was run in 2007 and the same basic design has been run ever since, winning how many National and World titles?? If you ask me the design solidified itself a long time ago.

As far as asking/telling me to leave your thread because you don't like the truth...Sorry bud
Old 03-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
The conversion of the TC3 to the BJ4 and hence B44 was hardly the start of the 4wd revolution. 4wd was alive and active as long as 2wd. It was very active in the 80's with Kyosho and Schumacher being the big race names. The B44 was merely Team Associated's entrance into the 4wd market. The class was long established and successful by then. It may have rejuvenated the 4wd racing scene but that's no less accurate that saying that the release of the 22 by Losi rejuvenated a tired 2wd scene. Neither created a class.
Fair enough, at 22 years old I certainly need to learn more about the start of rc racing and gain a better understanding of each teams history.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
You have this idea that at some point this class might actually come to exist on a large scale. I can tell you having watched trends come and go as well as classes emerge and fail over the past 25+ years that 4wd ST isn't going to happen. It missed it's chance.

"Took Associated how many years just to solidify that design?" Are you kidding me? It was run in 2007 and the same basic design has been run ever since, winning how many National and World titles?? If you ask me the design solidified itself a long time ago.

As far as asking/telling me to leave your thread because you don't like the truth...Sorry bud
I'm done arguing with you; you do nothing but scrutinize my every word in a further attempt to derail the thread or get under my skin. EDITED DUE TO LANGUAGE

Last edited by badaml; 03-10-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

flysullivan likes this.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Stadium trucks are, by far, my favorite platform to drive. I would love to see the 1:10 truggy class make a "comeback" (not that it ever took off with Ofna being the best/only choice). I would sell everything RC I have (minus my 1:8 buggy) to go racing... 4wd stadium truck style. If we had a trend of outdoor, loose dirt tracks being the norm, then the need for 1:10 truggy class would have a better chance of happening...again.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

How about if you guys stop arguing about the history of RC racing and actually talk about 4WD stadium trucks? Even if there are no racing classes, options do exist, though they may require hacking other platforms to make them work.
We Are Ninja likes this.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

PR 4wd truck

PR RACING
Old 03-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Originally Posted by ROSCOE
PR 4wd truck

PR RACING
That's possibly the worst video I've seen and the music sucks canal water.
The truck however looks pretty cool except for the body.
Blake
Old 03-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredswain
Cough cough,,, let me just add this to the pile.

Tamiya Avante 1988'

Oh wait.... Hotshot.

KISS, cheap beer and experimentation in the back of a 74' Ventura.

Wait, where am I?

Yeah we raced 4wd back then. Sometimes along side of 2wd.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zeakemedia
That's possibly the worst video I've seen and the music sucks canal water.
The truck however looks pretty cool except for the body.
Blake
Lol. I do agreeee. Think they have had lame vids like that for all of their cars I think. Figured I'd share anyway.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Man this thread went into space, lol, just took off on a Tangent.

But as Racer stated the likelyhood of this class growing is slim. People race 4wd SCT, why should they switch. Heck in France they run home made 1:8 2WD FWD buggies, but only a select few! No manufacturer has made such a car now, and they have been running the class since the 80's! The only mass produced 2wd 1:8 FWD was the Simprop Spital Jeep in the early 80's!

The idea 4wd STseems great to some, but unfortunatly the 4WD ST had a stab at the Market in the 90's and faded.

I find the idea good, but I don't see a race class coming of it, only if a select few get together perhaps.

Look at us 2wd 1:8 Pan racers, youcould probably count the amount of us in the US on 7 hands!!!

Im all for and interested to see what yall come up with, but keep in mind such a class would compete for popularity with 4wd SCT, 1:8 Brushless buggy / truggy and not to mention 4wd 1:10 buggy.

I say find a good RS4-MT, shoe on race tires and have a go, its Nitro brother had a "race" version in the MT2.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I'm just interested in seeing where this thread goes. A few locals are trying to get the 1/10 Truggy or 4wd ST class going here. Other than a couple Hyper 10TTs and a Jammin conversion, I can't say the class is growing yet. They've mixed them in with the 2wd mod ST class for now. Interesting, fun to watch...

Originally Posted by ROSCOE
PR 4wd truck

PR RACING
Hmmm.... never knew Hobby Pro had a 4wd stadium truck. Looks like Caster is a distributor for PR Racing, but I don't see this vehicle on their website.

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Cough cough,,, let me just add this to the pile.
Don't forget the Yokomo Dogfighter 834B or whatever it was called. That's the vehicle that was significant to me as a kid. That and the MIP 4wd conversion for the RC10. Mugen also had their Bulldog, too.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
I'm just interested in seeing where this thread goes. A few locals are trying to get the 1/10 Truggy or 4wd ST class going here. Other than a couple Hyper 10TTs and a Jammin conversion, I can't say the class is growing yet. They've mixed them in with the 2wd mod ST class for now. Interesting, fun to watch...

Hmmm.... never knew Hobby Pro had a 4wd stadium truck. Looks like Caster is a distributor for PR Racing, but I don't see this vehicle on their website.

Don't forget the Yokomo Dogfighter 834B or whatever it was called. That's the vehicle that was significant to me as a kid. That and the MIP 4wd conversion for the RC10. Mugen also had their Bulldog, too.
Oh yeah, know them well. I guess I'll contribute something productive.

I have never understood the finicky nature of RC racing. Over the last decade, there has been some truly awesome vehicles introduced by major manufacturers that just fizzled out. SC8/SC8.2, TLR TEN-SCT, SC10GT,RC10GT2FT,TLR TEN-T to name a few. Not to mention going back to the Kyosho nitro 1/10 4wd's.(Stinger MKII)

For whatever reason, even when nitro was still popular, people just didn't buy them. High cost or higher maintenance, old school resistance to change, elitist people... It could go on I'm sure.

I race whatever classes show up. Usually 2/4 buggy and occasionally 2/4 short course. But during the week? Man it's 2008 again. I'm blowing up the track with nitro Redcats,(don't laugh, they're not stock and I can drive a little-dont get embarrassed) Traxxas Slayers and Nitro Slashes, SC8'S and all types of GT's. All the cars people have an aversion too I have a blast with all week long. Every once in a while someone will see them and swing by. I've made a few new friends that way. People that have a Slayer at home for example. Will this catch on and eventually turn into a proper class at my home track? Doubtful.

Thankfully though there is apparently a market for all these odd ball should have beens. That grey area was picked up by Himoto, Redcat, HSP, Traxxas and the whole Nitrorcx website.

So really that's all you can do. Get out there and run them. Maybe people will join in, maybe not. As long as you and your five local guys, per 1812, are enjoying themselves, who cares?
We Are Ninja likes this.

Last edited by Alan_r; 03-10-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

i run with 4x4 sc and buggies also just to get my racing in. The idea is to have fun and get on the track. i have my 5b and latemodel to get all competitive and crazy lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.