Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree311Likes

Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: billdelong
Welcome to the EB4.4 Wiki page.
If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top.

Bob B 8/10/17 - Should I start with the kit setup?
The kit setup is a great place to start. One other option that many of us start with is Joe's rough track setup. You can find that setup here
In order to run it you need 3x2.1 pistons and 3x2.0 pistons. (They are marked on the sheet as 3.1 and 3.0).

Matt W 7/7/17 - What is overdrive and when should I use it?
The NB48.4 comes stock with a 12t pinion (TKR8152) and the 39t ring (TKR8151) in both the front and rear and the EB48.4 has a 12t pinion (TKR8152B) and the 40t ring (TKR8151B) in both the front and rear.

The two sets of gears are used to overdrive the front of the EBs or underdrive the rear of the NBs. If you have both vehicles and want to try underdrive it's as easy as swapping the front diff and pinion of the EB and the rear diff and pinion of the NB. Underdrive helps on very loose tracks, when you need more on power steering or if the rear of the car feels loose.

Tips and Tricks
Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:

Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:

Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike142
anyone else have the small screws that hold the battery tray to the chassis...stick out the bottom of the chassis a bit?

These are the TKR1341 M4x6mm screws that require threadlock. If i back them out enough to be flush with the chassis they are way loose....
My bad. I misread that. Did you accidentally use the 4x10mm screws?
Old 04-19-2017, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmcelroy42
Yes I use velcro only. I have the body mounts ground flush, and no holes in the body.
Where on the body did you use the velcro? In those little cut outs on the side guards?
Old 04-19-2017, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Derrick87
Where on the body did you use the velcro? In those little cut outs on the side guards?
You basically just put one side of the velcro on the side of the mud guards and put the other side of the velcro on the inside of the body around the edges if that makes sense.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EbbTide
You basically just put one side of the velcro on the side of the mud guards and put the other side of the velcro on the inside of the body around the edges if that makes sense.
So basically just like every other kit? Only thing is most other kits have cut outs for the velcro so the body sits flush
Old 04-19-2017, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

So basically just like every other kit? Only thing is most other kits have cut outs for the velcro so the body sits flush
It's possible those cutouts are for that purpose. I usually just eyeball it lol
Old 04-19-2017, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

anyone else have the small screws that hold the battery tray to the chassis...stick out the bottom of the chassis a bit?

These are the TKR1341 M4x6mm screws that require threadlock. If i back them out enough to be flush with the chassis they are way loose....
They might stick out ever so slightly, perhaps .1mm at most. This is just due to the tolerances of the screws. Tighten them down and run it, any little part that sticks down will wear down pretty quickly. If you want you could also touch them with a dremel, shouldn't take more than a quick touch or two.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It's possible those cutouts are for that purpose. I usually just eyeball it lol
The "little cutouts" I think you're referring to are just flashing from the mold. The SC uses the same mold but adds in the nerf bar mounts so when they're not there you see a little flashing.

I like to run a long strip of velcro down the whole side of the guards and a whole strip down the inside of the body. Fuzzy on the body
ezlight likes this.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
The "little cutouts" I think you're referring to are just flashing from the mold. The SC uses the same mold but adds in the nerf bar mounts so when they're not there you see a little flashing.

I like to run a long strip of velcro down the whole side of the guards and a whole strip down the inside of the body. Fuzzy on the body
Exact same thing that i do on all my EB48's. Keeps the dirt out..well partially hehe :]
Old 04-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

yeah i just put a little strip on each side about 1 inch. Bows it out a little bit but oh well lol
Old 04-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Tech Initiate

My bad. I misread that. Did you accidentally use the 4x10mm screws?
no, used the shortest screws. they only stick out by like 1mm or less, but definitely enough to drag

i suppose i could of over tightened them :/ ...weird
Old 04-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

no, used the shortest screws. they only stick out by like 1mm or less, but definitely enough to drag

i suppose i could of over tightened them :/ ...weird
time to hit them with a dremel like Matthew said lol. Just a few passes should do it
Old 04-19-2017, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Is anyone using velcro on the sides of the body?
Yes, velcro & body clips. You only have 1 race ruined by a flapping body to learn from the mistake, and make sure that your using a backup.
Derrick87 likes this.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

time to hit them with a dremel like Matthew said lol. Just a few passes should do it

ha, ya...i had that thought too
Old 04-19-2017, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Coming to the final stages. Basically ready to solder when I came to a discrepancy in the setup sheet.

Stock springs on the car are Black fronts and Orange rears. Set sheet says the fronts should be orange and the rears should be red.

What is correct? I've got the cambers and ride heights set but saw the issue in the setup sheet.

Also are you guys running the battery in the rear or front of the tray?
Old 04-19-2017, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Black front, orange rear. I run my battery forward, but that's because I had an issue with center diff outdrive slightly rubbing the battery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.