Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree311Likes

Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: billdelong
Welcome to the EB4.4 Wiki page.
If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top.

Bob B 8/10/17 - Should I start with the kit setup?
The kit setup is a great place to start. One other option that many of us start with is Joe's rough track setup. You can find that setup here
In order to run it you need 3x2.1 pistons and 3x2.0 pistons. (They are marked on the sheet as 3.1 and 3.0).

Matt W 7/7/17 - What is overdrive and when should I use it?
The NB48.4 comes stock with a 12t pinion (TKR8152) and the 39t ring (TKR8151) in both the front and rear and the EB48.4 has a 12t pinion (TKR8152B) and the 40t ring (TKR8151B) in both the front and rear.

The two sets of gears are used to overdrive the front of the EBs or underdrive the rear of the NBs. If you have both vehicles and want to try underdrive it's as easy as swapping the front diff and pinion of the EB and the rear diff and pinion of the NB. Underdrive helps on very loose tracks, when you need more on power steering or if the rear of the car feels loose.

Tips and Tricks
Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:

Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:

Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

EB48.4 New Parts Listing (Compared to original EB48.3)

latentspeed likes this.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Cain;14773081]I have become a professional package wrapper these days with the various gifts that come in from Amazon. I should charge a fee seeing how well I wrap versus my wifes attempts.

Gansta Wapper 😂😂
Old 12-20-2016, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRiN
Pre order is also available at Tekno
Old 12-20-2016, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Yup, I'll keep my .3, and have them both rtr....We shall see.
I have the .2 and .3 Looks like its time to sell the .2 and grab the .4 for next season. Excited about all the changes and upgrades. Should be a great build.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:35 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

looking forward to hearing more about this version. The big thing I am curious on is with the changes how well it will work on the more rough loose conditions we can see here. Also, if these changes will make there way into an SCT410.4 version.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Spring talk...

These are the springs recommended to have in your box (softest to hardest):
Front: Grey, Black, Pink
Rear: Yellow, orange, Red

Kit Springs are Black Front and Orange Rear, so if you buy the .4 kit, you'll have 2 of the 6 pairs right away.

Remember these are the Low Frequency (LF) springs and they work with the older versions of this car too. So even if you aren't in the market for a .4 yet, I suggest grabbing the springs.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Spring talk...

Kit Springs are Black Front and Orange Rear, so if you buy the .4 kit, you'll have 2 of the 6 pairs right away.

Remember these are the Low Frequency (LF) springs and they work with the older versions of this car too. So even if you aren't in the market for a .4 yet, I suggest grabbing the springs.
I was just going to ask what springs came in the kit. Perfect timing haha.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:03 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Allen Drebi
Gansta Wapper 😂😂

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Spring talk...

What do you find is common combo for blown out big jump loose tracks for springs? Don't get around high grip stuff here for 1/8 e buggy.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain

What do you find is common combo for blown out big jump loose tracks for springs? Don't get around high grip stuff here for 1/8 e buggy.
Typically on loose, blown out tracks we will lower the spring rate to gray front and yellow rear. This will allow the car to roll a little more (generate more side bite) and it also better on the bumps. Really bumpy tracks we also go to fewer and larger hole pistons. We will have setup sheets posted from Ryan's and Joe's buggies soon.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattDub
We will have setup sheets posted from Ryan's and Joe's buggies soon.
I really like the New Recommended Indoor setup for the .3, all I changed was 1 step softer rear spring. I was planning on starting with that on the .4 or should I go with the kit setup?
Old 12-20-2016, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

I club race on a true off-road track, bumps, holes, rooster tails. It's alot of fun. So I can probably help a bit with blown out conditions.

On the .3, I ran 500/550 with 3x2.1 pistons, and the black\orange LF springs. I wanted to try the grey\yellow LF springs, but snowfall hit before I could.

I have a feeling whatever our current spring\piston\oil combinations have been on the .3 buggies, will be similar on the .4. Then adjust from there.

The caveat to that being, the guys that haven't done any testing with the LF springs on the .3 buggies. If you haven't, and still running the OG buggy springs, start at 1 color softer than the buggy springs when going to the LF. And you'll also want to play with oils. I dropped my oil 200CST when I switched to the LF springs.

Basically, the guys that have already played and test-n-tuned the LF springs, and found what they liked, will be at an advantage when switching to the .4 VS. the guys that haven't.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Typically on loose, blown out tracks we will lower the spring rate to gray front and yellow rear. This will allow the car to roll a little more (generate more side bite) and it also better on the bumps. Really bumpy tracks we also go to fewer and larger hole pistons. We will have setup sheets posted from Ryan's and Joe's buggies soon.
Thanks Matt, I look forward to seeing what they did/changed from stock, and if their setups are close to their .3 setups.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info. Feels nice to know there is someone on the other end for a company vehicle you are considering.

Looking forward to seeing the setup sheets.

Originally Posted by ezlight
I club race on a true off-road track, bumps, holes, rooster tails. It's alot of fun. So I can probably help a bit with blown out conditions.

On the .3, I ran 500/550 with 3x2.1 pistons, and the black\orange LF springs. I wanted to try the grey\yellow LF springs, but snowfall hit before I could.

I have a feeling whatever our current spring\piston\oil combinations have been on the .3 buggies, will be similar on the .4. Then adjust from there.

The caveat to that being, the guys that haven't done any testing with the LF springs on the .3 buggies. If you haven't, and still running the OG buggy springs, start at 1 color softer than the buggy springs when going to the LF. And you'll also want to play with oils. I dropped my oil 200CST when I switched to the LF springs.

Basically, the guys that have already played and test-n-tuned the LF springs, and found what they liked, will be at an advantage when switching to the .4 VS. the guys that haven't.
Good stuff. I'll be coming from a different vehicle if I go with Tekno (which looks likely) and was curious if the whole LF spring thing will make its way to the sct410 side of things and if not is there a reason?
Old 12-20-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I haven't gotten to play with any of the new stuff yet as it's off season for me, but I was running Pink and Red/Orange on my car. Matt gave good feedback. I would definitely start there.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Good stuff. I'll be coming from a different vehicle if I go with Tekno (which looks likely) and was curious if the whole LF spring thing will make its way to the sct410 side of things and if not is there a reason?
Not sure. I hear no, but I know a few people have tested them on the rear of the SCT. The LF springs for the front are too tall, and we wouldn't be able to get to some ride heights required for sct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.