Search

Which 1/10 nitro buggy is best?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Which 1/10 nitro buggy is best?

Yo all!

Would appreciate if anyone could advise me which 1/10 nitro buggy (or monster truck) is the best to buy since there are loads of 'em out there! I'm not really serious into racing, just wanna have some serious FUN with my son!!

Thanx in advance good people!!

Happy racing!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking best 1/10 nitro buggy

I bought a used HPI Nitro Mt2 and love it! Its easy to work on...the parts are easy to get and easy to put on. I usually use mine in my back yard and jump it all the time with almost no repairs (had an accident with a fence once wide open...wasnt pretty). Really fast truck and durable. And if your gonna get into it a little bit...the upgrades are endless.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Well, first off you need to make sure your local hobby shop does stock parts for what ever you buy. The traxxas t-max 2.5 is tough to beat for the money. For bashing arond the front yard I would stick with a mt because of the ground clearance and the large tires. These will allow you to drive the truck over more things. If there are chance that you will race one day then I would go with a traxxas revo or an associated mgt. Both are tough to beat on the track if setup properly, but they will burn a deeper hole in your wallet then a t-max would.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks dudes!!.....both mt's seems cool!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Did you mean 1/10 Buggy or Truck?

MRC, Tamiya and Duratrax currently have a 1/10th buggies. The Duratrax Nitro Evader is only 2WD and it is a real pain to drive. You pretty much can't drive is responsibly. The MRC Velox has yet to be released. The Tamiya Gravle Hound looks okay, though.

In all honesty, I don't think buying a 1/10th buggy would be such a good idea. You either want a 1/8th buggy or a 1/10th truck.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

yeah if you mean 1/10 nitro buggy then there really isnt alot of those to chose from
Old 12-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, you're right good people!

There seems more mt's than buggies...what do you think 'bout the 'GS Racing 1/10 Shadow ST1 [GS-5100DT]' truck?