best buggy for uk buyer (cheap p&P)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best buggy for uk buyer (cheap p&P)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default best buggy for uk buyer (cheap p&P)

best cheap off road buggy for buyer in uk with cheap p&p? any answers would b gr8
Old 11-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Go have a look at Nitrotek. These are really just for a bit of fun and not your serious racers, but a very good intro into the world of r/c, both electric and nitro. If you're looking for something a little more serious, I would recommend Benracing - that's who I've just pre-ordered my HPI Hellfire through. Ben Kelsall is a great guy who will give you all the help and advice you could ever need.

Last edited by noddy; 11-10-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Initiate

ive looked at nitrotek and was going to get a condor pro till i red alotof vbad reviews on how they fall apart quick and cost more to fix than the car!!?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Don't know about the Condor pro, but bought a Conquistador (with all the upgrades) and have really enjoyed throwing it around (see Acme Conquistador). Doesn't break (yet) and it's only due to my fanatical cleaning that it's taken apart on a regular basis.

It has certainly taught me the basics about setting up and how to get the best from your nitro (even if it is limited, but we all need to start somewhere).

As I said, these are only for a bit of fun..... and if what you say is true, will only make me appreciate my Hellfire even more!
Old 11-12-2005, 02:51 AM
Tech Initiate

wot is the speed like, wot is the conoring like, and how long have u had it, anything else that would be useful if i get 1? thanks
Old 11-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Speed is not a problem if you spend a few extra quid on the ally pipe and the performance plug, and of course put on ball bearings throughout. For that little bit extra, get the clutch bell from the standard Condor (8.35:1) with the hardened spur. More than enough umpf.

The other thing to do is to change the steering servo to something like the Futaba S3305 otherwise the gears in the standard servo will strip (not man enough for the job). Having hopped mine up, I spent a bit of time greasing and oiling all the bits and bobs - but that'll be the same for whatever you buy.

Apart from that, go enjoy!

I've had mine for about 3 months and as a weekend basher, it's been a lot of easy fun.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Guys where could I get a decent off road buggy that's quite fast. Just paid for a gas 1/5 scale f/s racing but the company has scammed me and I never got my car. Time is running out for Xmas and need one for my son. A large buggy with lots or quite a bit power would be perfect.
Thanks in advance and look forward to being on here getting the knowledge I'll need etc.
Please don't advise Nitrotek as had terrible experience. Thank you