Wiki Posts
Search

Any opinion about this buggy ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Any opinion about this buggy ?

Im a nitro 200mm asphalt racer and i want to enter to offroad and im on a budget and have the chance to buy this :

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGPN8&P=0

Do you think its a good option as an introduction to racing ?

thanks !!!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that is a good buggy to run with i personally had 2 of them but they were pro kits the pcr's but over all it is a good ride to start with. Now if you were not on a budget i would go for the mugen mbx5 i have 3 of them and they are sweet!!!!!! But back the the hyper 7 some of the guys i race with have them and they are just as competive as the big dollar buggies
Old 10-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

That's a good buggy. Durable and they work good. Parts can be found all over ebay for the hyper 7's also, as well as the hyper .21 engines for cheap if you ever need one.

Do yourself a favor and get an ofna 1/8 starterbox and gel cell right in the beginning. Those motors are a pain in the butt to start for the first few times but after that they loosen up to where it's not so bad.

Good luck to ya and hope you like 1/8 racing, it's a blast!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont know if I'd get one of those buggies now, there is a Hyper 8 coming out in a few months, so it's going to be outdated pretty soon. Then again I don't know if there are any other buggies out there that can really touch the value of the Hyper. Also check out the Jammin X1RTR if your local track will let you run the .26 that comes with it.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Wheelnut is right the Jammin X1RTR is a good place to start and most local tracks don't care if you run a .26. Also the Mayhem ARR or RTR is a good option, I think a little less money then the Jammin. Parts for the Mayhem are everywhere and cheap!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

its a pretty good begginer 1/8 buggy, im not sure if you a begginer?, but if you want to get really serious save your money and get something good! like a : TTR s3, Mugen mbx5, Jammin x1-cr, Kyosho, the list goes on for ever, any buggy is good it just depends how much money you want to spend and how serious you want to get.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

With the right know how the hyper 7 is just as competitive as any other buggy and its the most durable buggy I know of, as a beginner you cant go wrong. But you should also consider the Jammin buggy. both buggies are good value, very competitive and cheaper parts. In both cases I would stick with the pro versions though if your planning to compete
Old 10-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im not a begginer in nitro racing, but my world its 200mm sedan racing ... .12 engines ...

Now, im really in a budget ... i just discovered that my wife wants to give me a monster truck as a gift in a couple of months ... but i dont know now between 1/8 nitro racing or monster truck racing ... the 2 categories are starting right here on my country ...
Old 10-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Well honestly im a little bias towards buggies cause they re faster and handle a lot better on and off the ground. So I enjoy this class more. I guess keep in mind that you can also convert your buggy into a truggy in the future.