Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm having issues with my centre diff seems it's binding in 2 spots when I bolt down the top plate it runs free if the top plate is off. Any ideas guys ? This is the 3rd Tekno I have buit in 2 weeks having built an sct and superlight as well but no issues with centre diff with those builds ....
Old 07-28-2015, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by wraithperth
I'm having issues with my centre diff seems it's binding in 2 spots when I bolt down the top plate it runs free if the top plate is off. Any ideas guys ? This is the 3rd Tekno I have buit in 2 weeks having built an sct and superlight as well but no issues with centre diff with those builds ....
Are all of your center diff bolts tight? is there a chance that it is hitting on he mount?
Old 07-28-2015, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRiderSD
If any of you have driven or currently owns a mbx7eco , would pick .3?
All day long. I had the mbx7 and the .3 is a better car all the way. Drives better, fewer parts, easier to work on, more durable.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
Are all of your center diff bolts tight? is there a chance that it is hitting on he mount?
Yeah I have checked that and it's fine maybe a dodgy spur gear have a spare so might try that just wondering if anyone else has noticed it during their build also . Could also be the top plate ...
Old 07-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Yeah I have checked that and it's fine maybe a dodgy spur gear have a spare so might try that just wondering if anyone else has noticed it during their build also . Could also be the top plate ...
Definatly check the top plate. Also look over on the sct410.3 as i think someone posted a solution there as well.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Quick question has the driveshaft issue been corrected with all current .3 kits? Ive seen a lot of issues w/ these even with the part lots not just .2 and even et48 kits
We have worked very hard with manufacturing to fix the issue as well as with our customers to replace defective drive shafts. Anyone with bent drive shafts in the kits is welcome to contact our customer service [email protected] to request a replacement.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Your spur gear isn't tightened down evenly and the resulting warp in the gear is making it rub. Back out all four screws and make sure you get them evenly torqued and not over tightened.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:53 PM
CAR
Tech Addict

Anyone know what the 15 degree caster blocks (version 2 ) are all about? Thanks
Old 07-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattDub
We have worked very hard with manufacturing to fix the issue as well as with our customers to replace defective drive shafts. Anyone with bent drive shafts in the kits is welcome to contact our customer service [email protected] to request a replacement.
Thanks for the reply,,, I have a eb48.2, et48 even the nt48 lol.. I'll be updating at some point just working on a timeline to do so, no hurry so I was going to verify if the updated parts were in the current shipping kits or if I should hold off. Nice job though making sure any issue parts are taken care of, I've heard a lot of positive things about the support. Lot of success w/ my tekno vehicles over the last two years
Old 07-28-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CAR
They are a trailing hub design. In other words the axle is shifted slightly behind the vertical pivot line.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MX304
Your spur gear isn't tightened down evenly and the resulting warp in the gear is making it rub. Back out all four screws and make sure you get them evenly torqued and not over tightened.
Spur gear is fine not over tightened and screwed down evenly. After trying a few things I rubbed chalk all over the spur to see where it was binding I noticed the cnc motor mount was what was rubbing on the spur so got the verniers out and measured the gap between the motor mount to check if it was square and one side was smaller where it was rubbing so loosened off the motor mount screws put pressure on it with my hand to keep it forward and then screwed it back down now the it doesn't rub. So the tolerances must be super tight as the motor mount only moved a fraction back but was enough to make it bind. Oh well at least I got it sorted was frustrating as I had built 2 centre diff previously and they were fine.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Thanks for the reply,,, I have a eb48.2, et48 even the nt48 lol.. I'll be updating at some point just working on a timeline to do so, no hurry so I was going to verify if the updated parts were in the current shipping kits or if I should hold off. Nice job though making sure any issue parts are taken care of, I've heard a lot of positive things about the support. Lot of success w/ my tekno vehicles over the last two years
Yes, the currently shipping kits have all updated parts.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CAR
Its simply to distinguish between the .3 kits trailing steering block design, versus the .2's inline design. The .2 parts DO fit the .3, for those looking for more steering response.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
Its simply to distinguish between the .3 kits trailing steering block design, versus the .2's inline design. The .2 parts DO fit the .3, for those looking for more steering response.
Just to be sure to use the spindles and blocks as a set. The trailing spindles require the trailing blocks and the standard spindles need the standard blocks, they can't be combined.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone got any video off this buggy in action

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.