Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Team Associated SC5M Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason B
You can all thank me next month when the SC6M gets released out of nowhere
There's the quote of the week! You must be like me. I've got the luck of the Irish. Murphy! Lol
Jason B likes this.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bortp
I am looking to get some recommendations for the electronics of the truck, as well as tires. I am looking to race 17.5 stock and I have been looking into the Reedy Blackbox 510 or a Hobbywing.

Batteries, I have no clue.

Wheels and tires. I am looking for recommendations for a cheap set for driving on concrete/asphalt (used for light bashing, breaking in and testing out the vehicle). Also, any recommendations for some nice tires for a hard packed surface.

So if you have any recommendations, please send them my way. Thanks.
I just got a sc5m roller and put the Hobbywing XR10 just stock in to run 17.5. So far I am impressed for the $51 with the esc for the 51$ . It is very easy to set up and get going with the program box.

Batteries I recommend an Orion shorty 100c or better .

Also did the front axle mod and have no issues. May I have a newer run version of the axles. If you look back in the thread that was an issue
Old 03-14-2017, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bortp
I am looking to get some recommendations for the electronics of the truck, as well as tires. I am looking to race 17.5 stock and I have been looking into the Reedy Blackbox 510 or a Hobbywing.

Batteries, I have no clue.

Wheels and tires. I am looking for recommendations for a cheap set for driving on concrete/asphalt (used for light bashing, breaking in and testing out the vehicle). Also, any recommendations for some nice tires for a hard packed surface.

So if you have any recommendations, please send them my way. Thanks.
On my B6D I run a Hobbywing XR10 Stock Spec with a SchuurSpeed 17.5 short stack. The car is stupid fast... if I decide to switch to stock with my SC5M, it would be with another SchuurSpeed... I won't even think twice about it.

No complaints at all with my Stock Spec. I might actually sell it so I can run a low-turn mod motor, but it's an awesome ESC. Runs cool as a cucumber without the fan, super smooth, etc.

4000mAh 150C Shorty from SMC
Old 03-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bubbaslash
There's the quote of the week! You must be like me. I've got the luck of the Irish. Murphy! Lol
Yep, I'm half Irish!

Of course not long after I posted that, I noticed the screenshot of Kyle Davis' truck... so I visited TA's Facebook page.

1st arrow: AE claiming it's an SC5M...
2nd arrow: ... an SC5M that just so happens to have a B6 top plate (and a 3 gear lay down if you reference another picture)
3rd arrow: Someone claiming it's BK's frankentruck or whatever... easily dismissed, because AE is clearly laying claim to it.

It's an SC6M, because if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a damn duck and I'm a moron for buying an SC5M right now
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated SC5M Thread-sc5mmyass.jpg  
Old 03-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

That's Kyle Davis' owned SC5M that was built by Kinwald. Go to Arizona and you can see him club race it for the last year.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

actually the b6 has only been out for about 7 months. that a lot less than a year. if it is just a kinwald one off then much kudos to kinwald. looks very impressive. I would buy one in a minute if available. seems strange kinwald isn't running one himself. quess we will have to wait and see what associated is really up too. would only make sense business wise to come out with a sc6 and t6 to stay on track with what losi is doing. sc5m is still a great truck but the average consumer gets board quick. release an sc6 tomorrow and they would sell thousands.

Originally Posted by Coke in a can
That's Kyle Davis' owned SC5M that was built by Kinwald. Go to Arizona and you can see him club race it for the last year.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walter white
actually the b6 has only been out for about 7 months. that a lot less than a year. if it is just a kinwald one off then much kudos to kinwald. looks very impressive. I would buy one in a minute if available. seems strange kinwald isn't running one himself. quess we will have to wait and see what associated is really up too. would only make sense business wise to come out with a sc6 and t6 to stay on track with what losi is doing. sc5m is still a great truck but the average consumer gets board quick. release an sc6 tomorrow and they would sell thousands.
Point is....That truck has existed for roughly the same amount of time the b6 has been around. Anything is possible with a dremel and time.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

zoomed the area just behind the front wheel. Looks like 6 series parts.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

There's plenty of people converting a B6 into a Truck and SC truck. The wheel base is a little on the short side but it can be done easily. Vision-Racing makes a rear shock tower for a truck conversion and they pictures of their prototype parts for the front shock tower and body mounts. Check their Facebook page.

Also you would see a stadium truck testing before the short course. They are usually a few months apart if you look at their history of release.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

I am pretty happy with my sc5m to this point. I am always looking for little changes to squeeze a bit more performance and tailor this thing to my driving style/experience. That said, I have a question for you guys...

Currently my power system consists of a HW SCT Pro esc and Reds 8.5 motor. Are esc's specifically labeled sct designed more with 4x4 sct in mind? In other words, how important (if at all) is it to have an esc such as this in a 2wd sct or is it a bit of "over-kill"? I have an extra HW v3.1 that I was thinking of throwing into the sc5m. I feel the powerband of the v3.1 is a bit smoother as opposed to the sct pro. What thoughts are there regarding this v3.1 esc in my sct? I have the HW SCT pro in my 4x4 sct and have no complaints at all.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by freezeframe007
I am pretty happy with my sc5m to this point. I am always looking for little changes to squeeze a bit more performance and tailor this thing to my driving style/experience. That said, I have a question for you guys...

Currently my power system consists of a HW SCT Pro esc and Reds 8.5 motor. Are esc's specifically labeled sct designed more with 4x4 sct in mind? In other words, how important (if at all) is it to have an esc such as this in a 2wd sct or is it a bit of "over-kill"? I have an extra HW v3.1 that I was thinking of throwing into the sc5m. I feel the powerband of the v3.1 is a bit smoother as opposed to the sct pro. What thoughts are there regarding this v3.1 esc in my sct? I have the HW SCT pro in my 4x4 sct and have no complaints at all.
Your ESC is really designed for 4x4 SCT and 1/8 buggy. Your 3.1 will weigh less and possibly feel smoother, too.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm putting some Pro-Line Primes together and I'm noticing that there's a ton of air trapped in the wheel. I know a lot of ebuggy drivers punch holes in their tires to release air and to help maximize the contact patch... is that a "thing" with SC, too? What size hole should I make, and how many per tire?

Thx
Old 03-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason B
I'm putting some Pro-Line Primes together and I'm noticing that there's a ton of air trapped in the wheel. I know a lot of ebuggy drivers punch holes in their tires to release air and to help maximize the contact patch... is that a "thing" with SC, too? What size hole should I make, and how many per tire?

Thx
We vent the wheels instead. One 1/8" hole between each pair of stiffening ribs
Old 03-19-2017, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I remember reading somewhere about someone explaining how to use 2 digital scales to figure out the weight bias on there truck/car. But can't find it has any one else read it or link it ?
Old 03-19-2017, 11:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I'm running both an SC and ST with the WWHD laydown and I'm doing a lot of winning in 17.5. The laydown and sway bars are the way to go. The SC came from a local fast guy at OCRC and if the SC6M can emulate what I have it will re-ignite SC. I'm not a whole lot slower than a buggy now. I could have made the 17.5 buggy A Main with either my SC or ST last week. I don't know what AE is claiming but people have been making laydown versions of the SC5M since before the B6 I think. The laydown is both more noticible and more usable in an SC since its longer and wider. You don't need as much traction to take advantage of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.