Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

OS max .21 VZ-B V SPEC feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 05:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

It's funny to hear people bash the quality of RB's and priase the quality of Novarossi. They are made in the same factory by the same people (Novarossi). Just goes to show how peoples experiences can vary I guess.
Look up a guy named James Little for RB replacement parts. Good prices, right in line with OS prices.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've been running Rb's for years and had a few Nova's, and they are mad by the same company. The engine case are all the same maybe a different color)black or silver. But i havent had any problems with any of my Rb's other than my S7II. It started leaking fuel, and i have no idea where it was coming from so i sold it dirt cheap. Come to find out the front bearing went bad, and i had no idea that it would go bad after less than a gallon of 30%. O.S has been making crazy prowerfull motors since the start of nitro but always have life span problems.. Go with either a P5 or WS7II..I hear RB has a new Ws7II motor out. Anyone trie it yet?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

I am sticking with a Novarossi P-5 or P-5X.I know a lot of guys that run WS72s,but I see more P-5s and V-specs than anything.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

i just got a OS vspec off a friend for $200 with just about a gallon threw it... how much are replacement bearings?... if it blows i got a collari B7 back up lol
Old 10-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Chris,

I don't think you can go wrong with the RB. I just stopped running my V-Spec, never could get it to run right then developed a fuel leak, go figure. Just broke in a WS7IIX3, so far I like it and expecting my C5BB in the mail this week. I don't know if any of these guy's would agree with me but alot of how your motor turns out depends on how you break it in and take care of it. Just take your time and don't get frusterated. JOKER
Old 10-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok I finally bought a RB WS7 X3! it just come out!!! I will receive it sometime this week.

But I tell you I've seen Jamie Booth running this weekend with a O.S VZ-B V SPEC and I was amaze how fast he run with it!!!!

Sofast-NT, I haven't try my SP2 yet coz I have to wait My engine come from the mail and do the break-in process, but I will let you know soon, and so far I've seen lots of Kyosho SP2 at my local racing this weekend and looking good and very stable compare to the SP1...
Old 10-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

JOKER I agree totally with you and we have to make sure we run with a clean air filter...help a lots
Chris
Old 10-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Right on Chris, If it's a one day race I might use it once more otherwise I change filters after a two or three day event.

Chris, I also found out my problem with my not getting the V-SPEC to run right was to soft of a clutch spring. It had a low end bog that wouldn't go away no matter how I tuned it. Still have the fuel leak though.

JOKER
Old 10-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

when you blow bearings do you have to rebuild the motor or what?? thanx
Old 10-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi chris your absolutely right about the o.s engine,i was watching jamie booth last weekend aswell and it was awesomely fast,but saying that so eas dave bailey who was running a P5.
Could you give me any details on joining the club at jct28 im new to the sport and need some people guidance,just starting up with a kyosho mp777 sp2.
Thanks
Old 10-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hi spireite if you want sends me a email [email protected] I will help you joining the club at j28M1 track.

hey JOKER how many gallon of fuel have you run with the OS V-Spec already?
I don't know what's wrong with O.S Manufacture tho...they can release such a great engine but keeping so breakable and what‘ve read so far lot's people complaint about it!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

i guss one thing that v spec owners can do is replace the front and rear bearing with Bocabearings only set you back about 50AU which is 36USD and they are very good quality, theres no doubt that these engines have alot of potential when it comes up to power and top speed, patients is the key to tuning it right and get it to its peak.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Chris,
Only one gallon, give or take a pint. I'm going to try two seperate things with my clutch. 1.1 springs and then a speed 3 clutch to see if maybe the bogging has been the clutch. I bought O.S. because I also fly airplanes and they make a great motor for that. I also spent the last three years racing nitro touring using only Italian motors, so shame on me. Anyway I suppose the O.S. will make a good last resort motor.

JOKER
Old 10-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

V-specs have nuclear power. If you have a low end bog with 1.0mm clutch springs then it's most likely a tuning issue. Are the clutch springs old? They get softer with use. I find I need to change mine about every gallon of fuel or so. You are probably yoo rich on your low speed needle (does it blow a big puff of smoke off the corner?).
Old 10-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

David,
I heard all good things about the motor (O.S.) which is also why I bought it. I have tried new springs in fact two sets of 1.0mm. I have tuned it, my friends have tuned it and I had pros tune it, nothing works. If I lean out the low end any more it will close off. I tried I tried I tried and I"m tired of losing with the O.S.. Go RB

JOKER
dce21b likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.