Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I went ahead with a slightly modified version of the setup based on a combo of a loose track one and the recommended one. If we run tomorrow I'll post how it goes.

Right now diffs are at 15-15-7 . I am curious to see how the power delivery to the rear will be with the center so high versus available traction. It rained pretty good last night and is supposed to today as well, so the track may be up on traction a bit.

I just hope it isn't mud city.
ezlight likes this.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

can someone recommend a decent servo for this truck. it will be for my brother who is just getting into it. he may race once in a while this summer at Daves RC. I think cheaper the better. thanks
Old 06-28-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
can someone recommend a decent servo for this truck. it will be for my brother who is just getting into it. he may race once in a while this summer at Daves RC. I think cheaper the better. thanks
Hi-Tec 7955TG
Hi-Tec 7950TH
Pro-Tek 170SBL

must set EPA
Old 06-28-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

These have been some of my favorite servos for their cost/performance. The non waterproof version is cheaper and is what I'd prefer because of its price but it's out of stock =/. But this WP servo is still great bang for your buck. Especially when you add amain coupons

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xpert-4...r-4401/p394373
Old 06-28-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

General rule of thumb is you want 250oz+ and around .10 second response.

I'm personally running this one in my SCT and ebuggy. It's not cheap, but it's quality. make sure you look at the coupon codes, as it makes it more affordable.
Pro Amps BLS139
Old 06-28-2017, 09:10 AM
Tech Legend

From what I have used, I like the Hitec 7955TG servo for this truck as it has a long lead, has very high torque, and its transit time fits with what I personally feel are minimums needed. (250oz of torque, .15 sec transit) . It also can be ran on high voltage (confirmed with Hitec) for even more speed and torque.

It can also be had used for around $50 if that interests you.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

thanks guys! I think hes going with the 7599TG.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Savox 1258tg works good
Old 06-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
anyone have some recent opinions going with the "standard" setup from the diff perspective on loamy surfaces? Running 7-7-3 here but still curious about the 15-15-10 setup .

I may give it a try if I can find some spare diffs here too, but still curious on first hand experiences.
I am running 15-15-10 on loose/ smooth/bumpy clay works well
Old 06-29-2017, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Losixxl2e
Savox 1258tg works good

Please.......No......Just don't.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

I went through tough times a few years ago with a couple of savox servos, never again. decent price on them however.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:45 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is it really a decent price if you continually have problems with them?
Old 06-30-2017, 06:40 AM
Tech Legend

alright some news.

I need to post my full setup here and hope to do that today. But anyway here is some info.

So I went with the 15-15-7 setup and black front springs combined with my gray rears. I wanted some more steering and bit more plush front ride for our conditions.

It had rained the day before but the track actually had started to dry in sections and was pretty packed in some areas and slick. Guys who ran the traxxas slash spec class here and had traction were noticeably spinning out more on the black dirt here.

I started with some proline M3 holeshots. Traction wasn't as good as I hoped and I could noticed the rear end stepping out on me more than what I experienced with my previous setup.

Going with the rule that most of setup is getting the right tires, I had a set of AKA Enduros to try in Super Soft compound as my previous hot tires, Proline Blockades in M4 were pretty worn and they don't make these anymore.

The Enduros proved to be the hot ticket. The vehicle was significantly more planted now.

Previously during the heat I was able to put down a respectable 15 laps while not really pushing it too hard to take TQ with the second place driver on the same lap.

For the main with the tire change and a bit more aggressive driving, mainly due to the confidence of the new tires, I was able to pull off 17 laps which surprised me while 2nd was still around the 15 lap pace but they said it felt better around track with the loner blockades in M4 they used from me.

We don't have an official race date this Saturday but I do want to head out there again for practice and tuning.

Based on what I am seeing, some takeaways I had:

- The Front and Center diff fluid settings felt spot on. I had the on power steering I was looking for and torque as well without it feeling like it was overpowering the rear end

- The rear end I won't be surprised I drop down to 5K. I am targeting to try it as I felt I could have had a bit more side bite with a bit faster rotation than the 7K provided. If it was only a rotation issue I would have looked at dropping toe again to just 3 degrees.

- The black front gray rear spring setup with the 8 x 1.4 pistons I made is money. I had no problem controlling the in air attitude off of jumps that could easily have my doing the nose down problem. Its amazing to see how far the vehicle has come geometry wise and setup wise when we ran stiff rear springs to try and correct the issue. I may now look into buying these pistons if I can find a set or making some out of 8 x 1.3s . I am curious too tough to try the 6 x 1.6mm setup as well.

- I am running basically 2mm of steering limiters which I think works out to 4 shims. I may go down to just 1mm but to be honest it actually feels pretty good and controllable

I did notice one odd thing, has anyone had to not use any shims on there front or rear diffs? I did a rebuild and didn't think much of it when I assembled it back together and just used 1 shim on the side to push the mesh closer like I always do but then at the track when getting ready found awful mesh noise from the rear. I ended up pulling the shim and all was well. I never had that before with mesh on any teknos and wonder if maybe the shim had an issue. It was not crushed or anything, it actually felt more rigid than what I recall tekno shims have been.

Can someone confirm the thickness of what the diff shim should be, maybe these are different?
Old 06-30-2017, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default and there was this...

All new SCT LF springs!!

Red RC ? RC Car News » Tekno SCT/SL low frequency springs
Old 06-30-2017, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Wanted to put this out there, the new LF springs have the same rates as our current springs, so you can just replace what you're currently running. However, one of the reasons we were running lighter springs on our SC's before was to get get a low enough ride height. Now that we have shorter springs that's no longer the case and you can run much stiffer than was possible with the older springs. I'm currently running orange fronts and green rears (inside hole on the arms) and it's been working great. I highly suggest people trying stiffer rates than what they were running before, I think you'll like the results.

EDIT: I'm also running very low ride heights, 18-20mm indoor and 19-22mm outdoors.
HeavyD99, lowspark and ezlight like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.