Wiki Posts
Search

17.5 cheater caught in the North East

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
Tekin... It's not like they'd ever admit it so it doesn't matter.

well, as a team driver for tekin, i do not have access to this software...

i will tell you it dos not exist....if you are keeping the program from 5-6 years ago in your rs, good for you....but from what i know, it is not in existence.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
I dont know about your track but we average about 15 heats on a club night and we never do resorts, and at a big race you end up with Cav and the like pissed off for the first 2 quals because someone took them out. Fact is its no fun for anyone, and I drive my 7.5 just fine, no whiskey finger...
If your track resorted every round the slow guys wouldn't be in the same race as the Pro's during the 2nd,3rd, or 4th round of qualifying. Better yet, if they did controlled timed practice they would never be in any of their qualifying races.

Originally Posted by kerby
Our track gets 25-32 stock buggies out if 59-60 entries...lets do away with stock... That's funny.
Maybe at BFG... But here on the east side of the state, all 3 indoor tracks (Dirt Burners, AMS, Clubhouse) Mod buggy is the biggest class on the club and regional "big race" level. No one makes a fuss when someone wins. They simply out drove everyone else.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
Yeah and then you have a bunch of people that cant drive in a class where for some its their job. Then you have a whole other set of issues.
In the PNW there are a lot of chassis sponsored drivers racing stock, makes it frustrating for the intermediate drivers who will never have a chance to even make the a-main.

Here in the UK there is no stock class, my kid runs a 13.5 in rookie and I run a 8.5 in regular 2wd, and there is still large turnouts.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

"You can cheat on your taxes, you can cheat on your wife.....but cheating on RC? That's just wrong"!
Attached Thumbnails 17.5 cheater caught in the North East-image.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
Maybe at BFG... But here on the east side of the state, all 3 indoor tracks (Dirt Burners, AMS, Clubhouse) Mod buggy is the biggest class on the club and regional "big race" level. No one makes a fuss when someone wins. They simply out drove everyone else.

Just taking a quick scan through last years races, The-Series pulled more as many if not more "stock" buggies than they did "mod" 2wd.

I would expect a much smaller turnout @ the MSCS considering it's for the 1/8 throttle jockey crowd

Bunch of us westsiders coming to Clubhouse Sat, let the fun begin
Old 03-05-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Mod buggy is the biggest class on the club and regional "big race" level. No one makes a fuss when someone wins. They simply out drove everyone else.
This is actually a pretty good point. A big problem with stock racing is that it does exactly the opposite of what it's intended to do. "Stock" is supposed to put everyone on a level playing field but the fact of the matter is that usually when someonea gets beat the arguing begins about motors or that guy has better batteries and so on. I'd guarantee that most racers 2nd place and down are looking to spend more money for more speed somewhere instead of internalizing the race.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VegasHB
This is actually a pretty good point. A big problem with stock racing is that it does exactly the opposite of what it's intended to do. "Stock" is supposed to put everyone on a level playing field but the fact of the matter is that usually when someonea gets beat the arguing begins about motors or that guy has better batteries and so on. I'd guarantee that most racers 2nd place and down are looking to spend more money for more speed somewhere instead of internalizing the race.

I don't get me started on the $700+ light weight rollers everyone in stock is building up just to get the "slightest" edge over the next guy.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Canadianrage
Just taking a quick scan through last years races, The-Series pulled more as many if not more "stock" buggies than they did "mod" 2wd.

I would expect a much smaller turnout @ the MSCS considering it's for the 1/8 throttle jockey crowd

Bunch of us westsiders coming to Clubhouse Sat, let the fun begin
Meh... Did you forget about FTMS? Their numbers show the opposite.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I look at this and laugh, I'm sure that rotor would have exploded like that, they should have let him run it.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Meh... Did you forget about FTMS? Their numbers show the opposite.
Kinda proves my point, FTMS and MSCS both run 1/8, and who wants to run stock when you are there to pull trigger...I know I didn't...

Regardless, yes stock is quite silly, with the motor/battery/lightweight wars, no doubt about it.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So then maybe doing away with stock, could be made easier by the tracks, if they provided more accommodating layouts, geared more towards mod? Not having the new guys wheel big horsepower through technical stuff, but more flowing layouts, allowing them to get around better? I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find a happy middle ground.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

You guys saying to get rid of 17.5 can not be serious. Don't worry about my racing budget, and I won't worry about yours. If a company makes a product, don't condemn the people buying it to gain a fraction of a percentage of edge.

Back to the point of the topic. This rotor wouldn't change cooling charactoristics, it's purely to lighten the rotor. It shouldn't change the magnetic field either, just lighten it a ton, which a motor spinning 20K rpm would hAve a severe effect on. I don't like the idea of banning someone, but in club racing I don't know what kind of penalty you could give out.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Team Tekin

What's the point anyway. There's a well known company that has cheater blinky software for their team drivers that you'd never be able to detect at all. Stock racing is broke as hell. Everyone who thought it was bad in the brushed days never had it as bad as it is now.
Tekin... It's not like they'd ever admit it so it doesn't matter.
I certainly will not admit something that is absolutely not true, but I am happy to discuss it publicly and face any truths that are exposed.

May I ask what makes you think this?

May I ask where you race?

Do you really believe that anyone is loyal enough to keep this a secret forever… ever?

Do you really believe that we would not get caught at some point?

Do you really believe that winning a few stock races is worth what would happen when we did get caught?

As a family owned and operated business that has long range plans for success it just makes no business sense, Period!

Spec racing is the most fair and equal it has ever been in the history of RC racing. Anyone can buy competitive products and be reasonably on pace immediately, and stay on pace battery after battery. If you do not believe this statement then you were not around before BL motors and lipo batteries took over.

Accusations like this do nothing but cause drama and damage the positive situation we have today in spec racing. However if they are true then they need to be brought into the open and dealt with. I am as square headed as they come and work with facts not rumors so give me something to work with. Lets clear the air and Tekin’s reputation, or take me down, get our affiliation with ROAR removed and embarrass me publicly.

For the record version 208 was not cheating or we would not have been allowed to simply provide a new version. It did change how we defined spec mode technically, but was not illegal until after the rules had changed because of it. It was never that simple as just sneaking in some timing advance, which would be cheating and illegal, like many dough heads still think to this day and bring it up whenever possible continuing to show their ignorance . In today’s hyper connected world hating is just a popular activity for some reason.

Jim Campbell
President
Tekin, Inc.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
I certainly will not admit something that is absolutely not true, but I am happy to discuss it publicly and face any truths that are exposed.

May I ask what makes you think this?

May I ask where you race?

Do you really believe that anyone is loyal enough to keep this a secret forever… ever?

Do you really believe that we would not get caught at some point?

Do you really believe that winning a few stock races is worth what would happen when we did get caught?

As a family owned and operated business that has long range plans for success it just makes no business sense, Period!

Spec racing is the most fair and equal it has ever been in the history of RC racing. Anyone can buy competitive products and be reasonably on pace immediately, and stay on pace battery after battery. If you do not believe this statement then you were not around before BL motors and lipo batteries took over.

Accusations like this do nothing but cause drama and damage the positive situation we have today in spec racing. However if they are true then they need to be brought into the open and dealt with. I am as square headed as they come and work with facts not rumors so give me something to work with. Lets clear the air and Tekin’s reputation, or take me down, get our affiliation with ROAR removed and embarrass me publicly.

For the record version 208 was not cheating or we would not have been allowed to simply provide a new version. It did change how we defined spec mode technically, but was not illegal until after the rules had changed because of it. It was never that simple as just sneaking in some timing advance, which would be cheating and illegal, like many dough heads still think to this day and bring it up whenever possible continuing to show their ignorance . In today’s hyper connected world hating is just a popular activity for some reason.

Jim Campbell
President
Tekin, Inc.
Well, to be honest I didn't even read your entire post I just quoted... Sorry

In the end it's because I just don't care. We don't run stock at any track I go to. It's all open classes here.

When a driver that I've known for years and was or is sponsored by you for a few years tells me that... Yeah, I believe him... I didn't ask any other questions because I just don't give enough of a shit.

I do like your company for being a US company, always heard about great customer service and whatnot.

I think stock in the present day is terrible because of its wide open rules allowed by roar and the advancements in technology (esc software etc)

Any experienced driver knows full well that he can take a box stock kit and full legal equipment and win races. My experiences in the last 22 years of RC have been that the really fast guys are not the cheaters 99.9% of the time anyway.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Btw, ask any oval or onroad racer if stock is better than it ever has been? It's a total joke now! I'm talking about real competition not just the club scene.

Me myself, I'd rather have my motor lathe back and all the knowledge I amassed building good motors. On a few occasions bought a motor off the hobby shop wall... Worked on it for a bit and ran it the same day and would be right on top.

It's all less important in offroad because you gotta actually drive lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.