Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 07:56 AM
mes
Tech Elite

As long as the plastic parts hold up, there is nothing wrong with plastic hangers other than looks. Neither my son nor me managed to break the plastic hangers on our original B-Max4s, and we tried very hard.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cmgreen
The SX was along time ago along with the Cat 3000, and I agree with that! But now its totally different.

Different story now tho. You wont be able to buy Lees parts, or Craggs, but with Schumacher they test a part and give people the option to buy it, I would rather have a manufacturer working for the Racer rather than the Team Driver.

Imagine going to a race with the standard car, then a team driver turning up with a different chassis, and the car handles much better, I would be gutted if I couldn't buy that part, these cars are just like prototypes always evolving, but with Schumacher you can buy the newest parts!

Honestly tho, give it a shot, the car is being worked on massively to get it good out the box, the hop ups should be for strength.
In my opinion its "far from a different story" with Schumacher. I had a K1 Aero and it was a nightmare. So much so Schumacher took it back and credired my LHS for me to buysomerhing else.

And I'm unsure what parts Lee Martin uses which are unavailable to the general public. I think everything he uses is available. I might be wrong.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mes
As long as the plastic parts hold up, there is nothing wrong with plastic hangers other than looks. Neither my son nor me managed to break the plastic hangers on our original B-Max4s, and we tried very hard.
Got to say I'm one of those whining about lack of ally parts but like you say, If the plastic parts hold up, then no problem.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

I doubt Yokomo will release a car that doesn't work due to plastic, but i'm just of the mind that having the aluminum, or better yet steel pieces would give me more peace of mind. With that said, until I know how it drives on high bite clay I am not buying anything. We will see how it does at the Reedy race in January.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:17 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I doubt Yokomo will release a car that doesn't work due to plastic, but i'm just of the mind that having the aluminum, or better yet steel pieces would give me more peace of mind. With that said, until I know how it drives on high bite clay I am not buying anything. We will see how it does at the Reedy race in January.
Fair enough. I don't want to sound smug, but are there actually any cars out there that don't work well on high-bite clay? I am only familiar with loose dirt, carpet and astro. From what I have seen online in the past, even cars that did not to seem to be good on some or all of the above surfaces could be dialled in on high-bite clay.
As I witnessed that the YZ-4 is superb on our track, I'll have one as soon as I get my hands on it. Hurry up, Shin!
Old 10-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Piles
Please. We're all very interested to hear what you think about it.
It's just good response from customer support. For whatever reason, that kit didn't work for him. Better reimburse him and take the loss this time than have someone going around telling how crap this kit and customer support is. From past experience, Schumacher kits are well made and of good quality. In this case, it didn't meet expectations. It's fine, it happens and he may very well have gotten a lemon. Good way of doing business when that happens is to reimburse the customer and learn from what has happened.

As for "upgrade parts", well every company choose its business model. It may or may not work for you.

FYI, I'm not a Schumacher fan boy. I've run their cars in the past, moved to something else but I may run their products in the future, if something gets in my eye. I just hate the dirt slinging that sometimes happen on these forums.

Martin Paradis
Old 10-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Lets remember this thread is to discuss the YZ-4. There are threads to discuss other models.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mes
Fair enough. I don't want to sound smug, but are there actually any cars out there that don't work well on high-bite clay? I am only familiar with loose dirt, carpet and astro. From what I have seen online in the past, even cars that did not to seem to be good on some or all of the above surfaces could be dialled in on high-bite clay.
As I witnessed that the YZ-4 is superb on our track, I'll have one as soon as I get my hands on it. Hurry up, Shin!
I sure it's going to be amazing, just waiting for the off chance that it is not.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

I can't wait to get my hands on a YZ-4 i just hope the price reflect the quality of the kit. Amain has it for $459 which is the exact same price as the XRAY, l'm really hoping its the same quality as X-ray as you can see i currently run both and there both awesome, but it all comes down to bang for your buck and i no everyone thinks X-ray is expensive but in 1 year of hard racing 2days a week and practicing at least 3 days a week i can honestly say all i have broken is 1 front drive shaft. At the very least it should be the same quality as the BMAX4iii factory edition. The standard BMAX is $299 and the fully hoped up one is $479 which you can justify considering all the extras you get and in theory the standard kit with all plastic should not retail over $299. If the standard kit is $459 then the factory kit will be upwards of $700 thats a $1000 Australian which is ridiculous. And like it or not we all love carbon fiber and aluminium and the more they include in the kit the more we get a sense of value for money because we all no how much it cost to buy them later and weather there better than plastic is irrelevant cause we all love bling well i do anyway and l will be devastated if i buy the YZ-4 and 2 months later they release a factory kit with all the goodies for the exact same price as the standard kit like they did with the BMAX4 and the factory bmax4.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mes
For some reason my B44.3 hated high bite clay. washing out tail, I think most likely it was a center diff issue. I hate center diffs, and will not be putting one back on any wheeler I buy. So far out of the ones I have tried, ZX-6, 22-4, Xray XB4, B44.3, D413, the cars with a slipper in the center have been the more stable, more forgiving, and easier to drive cars on high bite surfaces. Since I dont run outdoors on BMX or 1/8th scale tracks, I dont need a center diff. Should have kept that ZX-6.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:07 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
For some reason my B44.3 hated high bite clay. washing out tail, I think most likely it was a center diff issue. I hate center diffs, and will not be putting one back on any wheeler I buy. So far out of the ones I have tried, ZX-6, 22-4, Xray XB4, B44.3, D413, the cars with a slipper in the center have been the more stable, more forgiving, and easier to drive cars on high bite surfaces. Since I dont run outdoors on BMX or 1/8th scale tracks, I dont need a center diff. Should have kept that ZX-6.
I see, the ZX-6 really is a great car. I've always liked Kyosho and had a ZX-5SP, Ultima SC and RT-6 myself. Unfortunately the K cars have ceased to be an option in Germany due to a total lack of support that was preceded by a decade or so of overpricing...
Back to the Yoke: From the YZ-4's design cues, it could well be the universal car many are looking for. It has been great on high-bite tracks so far, and with the small diffs, variety of battery mounting positions and probably options for a slim top deck (easy to be done by small aftermarket companies if need be) and ball diffs, I am sure it will be great on loose dirt, too. It does not hurt either that belts are easy to change and the rest of the drive train is sealed!
Old 10-20-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

If one did not want to wait for the limited or factory loaded YZ4 one could purchase most of the upgrades and or option parts regarding the YZ4 from the parts and options available for YZ2 and BMAX4.

I think there will be the option to purchase the kit with CF shock towers.

Aluminum front casters 8* and 15*, alu rear uprights, alu steering rack, alu servo mount standard or floating, rear rear alu, steel or brass suspension hanger, rear front alu, steel, or brass hanger, vented slipper plates.
There will be optional 6mm belts available later.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

As MES thought the YZ4 will be a universal buggy. I been told one would need to drive through glass to breach the belts.

The ability to move the rear shocks either in front or behind the press shock tower is nice, add all the options one has to lay out batteries and battery types is huge. Steel or brass rear hangers for added weight, weights available for the rear camber block, etc. This buggy should be easy to tune for all track types.

Sealed 3 gear front and rear tranny's with easy access to the belts is nice and as mentioned the belts are stout.

Whatever wheeler one has there is obviously a plethora of great kits availble, thus one almost can't go wrong with any of the wheelers availble. Tons of great choices for the wheeler class.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Well i just spoke to the Australian distributor for yokomo and the good news is it looks like the YZ-4 should be on the shelves by the end of the month early next month, the bad news is its going to retail for $850, that would just about make it the most expensive kit on the market, nearly $200 more than the X-ray xb4 ,For that price i hope it includes every possible option or else they can just leave it on the shelf.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Prices down under must be rediculous, amain in the states has them on pre order for $459 usd. The xray is on pre order for the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.