R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

Print Wikipost

Like Tree40Likes

Old 01-30-2017, 08:54 AM   #2701
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothracing View Post
HELP I have recently purchased the yz2 dt edition and on my build have realized the rear left dogbone 60.50 mm hits the t nut inside the outdrive as i compress the shock. is there a solution to fix this ? thanx in advance
Try and post a picture, but other information that would be helpful to know if if you have any shock limiters installed, and what your mm distance is between the bottom of the shock cap/body and the top of the eyelid. Typically, with two limiters in the shock, you shouldn't have much more than 29mm of travel on the rear shock shaft. If you have more than that, it could explain hitting it.

A lot of us run the 62mm axles and have no issues, so wondering if you have installed something incorrectly.
draboyd19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #2702
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did you build the diff correctly or maybe not tighten it down enough? Do you have the spacer on the correct side of the axle?

Yokomo YRX12
Yokomo YZ-2 DT/CA
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #2703
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the kit comes with the 60.50 shafts and i have 2.5 degree negative camber .also the spacers 2x were intalled in the shocks. also the spacer your talking about is the one between the 2 bearings?
slothracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #2704
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk1115 View Post
That is interesting! Maybe I have not looked hard enough. In talks with some chassis sponsored drivers at my local track, I was under the impression that there are some rules that need to be followed otherwise sponsorships could be revoked. From the examples you have it appears that "crossing the streams" is needed at time to achieve the best setups.
In the end, if a team driver is faster with someone else's springs... links... whatever, the car still says "Yokomo" and the driver's shirt still says "Yokomo".

Now running tires from other than your tire sponsor appears to be a no-no unless you've got to run a control tire at the event. But that makes sense. Running someone else's tires would be the equivalent of running a Kyosho buggy with a Kyosho sticker on it when your shirt says, "Yokomo". Quite different!
Callaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #2705
Tech Elite

Quote:
the kit comes with the 60.50 shafts and i have 2.5 degree negative camber .also the spacers 2x were intalled in the shocks. also the spacer your talking about is the one between the 2 bearings?
Mine has plenty of clearance. The spacer I'm talking about is the cone shaped axle spacer that goes on the outside of the hub just behind the wheel hex. I'm just making sure you have it on the outside of the hub and not on the inside which would push your axle further into the diff. I'd also make sure your diff is built properly. Here is a pic of the clearance that I have one mine.

Yokomo YRX12
Yokomo YZ-2 DT/CA
Old 01-30-2017, 10:46 PM   #2706
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
HELP I have recently purchased the yz2 dt edition and on my build have realized the rear left dogbone 60.50 mm hits the t nut inside the outdrive as i compress the shock. is there a solution to fix this ? thanx in advance
Sounds like you assembled the diff incorrect. Also.too much neg camber will cause this aswell

Mugen Seiki/Yokomo Usa/Protek/Amain/R1 Wurks/Flashpoint/KW Raceway
robbie_gtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:50 PM   #2707
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanx guys all sorted . diff to loose
slothracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #2708
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

why are some not running a rear bumper? weight or flex?? or just to make me research?
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:05 AM   #2709
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

is there a link to Maifields set up from reedy race??
danny d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #2710
Tech Elite

Always check Petitrc first.
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...CRC2017011922/

Yokomo YRX12
Yokomo YZ-2 DT/CA
Old 02-09-2017, 12:01 AM   #2711
Tech Adept

Default Fantastic first practice session

I dont know why i waited so long to switch (actually i do, tax return lol) im very impressed by how well the ca handles on clay with just a few adjustments to the stock setup.

I do however want to do a little more work on reducing rotating mass so i can get more out of my motor. So my question is whether the ae diff will fit in the yz2 so that i may use pucks.

Last edited by gokarter64; 02-09-2017 at 01:04 AM.
gokarter64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:22 AM   #2712
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

with the cars near all being metric so much is interchangeable and near anything seems possible.

the AE B5m worlds car photos i saw was alot of yokomo. recent photos of the reedy race showed various rear hubs and outdrives used on AE cars, some looked like re-anodized versions of existing hubs other cars use. there are posts of AE drivers using TLR bones with etc parts

ae and yok use 52T diff gear. most 2wds use the same size diff support bearings, so use of another brands diff may come down to just shimming. you can probably use one, but may have to use the AE hub or after market carriers

there was a xray XB2 posted somewhere that had TLR diff, TLR aluminum bones, TLR outdrives and TLR hubs set up for stock racing. the wiki on XB2 shows setting up a puck system using older MIP yokomo parts. seen TLR posts of racers using serpent diffs, etc

yokomo picked up some key drivers, so if the demand picks up on the car, maybe MIP will fire up the lathes again?
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:08 AM   #2713
Tech Adept

Hope so. I found out though a little research that the ae outdrives will bolt onto the yz diff and that by using the new offset hubs i can use b6 bones. The b6 ones are a half mil shorter than the yokomo offset ones but it should work ok.
gokarter64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:38 AM   #2714
Tech Adept

I do however want to do a little more work on reducing rotating mass so i can get more out of my motor. So my question is whether the ae diff will fit in the yz2 so that i may use pucks.[/QUOTE]

Page 120 onwards will help you out with that.
jagman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:02 AM   #2715
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default Fitting YOKOMO BALL DIFFERENTIAL KIT ( Z2-500 ) to original YZ2

My local carpet track closed down and i'm keen to to convert my first gen. YZ 2 with gear diff to run on the dirt the best I can... Can I fit the YOKOMO BALL DIFFERENTIAL KIT ( Z2-500 ) to original YZ2??

Thank in advance.......
daverobbo5 is offline   Reply With Quote