Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hyper 7 starts but dies as soon as throttle taken up!? >

Hyper 7 starts but dies as soon as throttle taken up!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper 7 starts but dies as soon as throttle taken up!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hyper 7 starts but dies as soon as throttle taken up!?

I've just got a hyper 7 and have ran it through two tanks of fuel on idle and low revs. I went out this morning with the intention of giving it a first 'easy' run but it kept cutting out as soon as I took the glowstarter off. I assumed the mixture was too rich and fouling the plug so leaned the main high speed adjuster AND the low speed a little. I could finally get her to run of her own accord but for love nor money I could not get the car to rev. As soon as you tried to apply some throttle it would cut out. I fiddled with all the settings leaning her some more and that didn't work. I figured I'd gone too far and richened it up a little and still the same problem and a lot of oil out of the exhaust after I shut her down so I leaned her right up again to no affect. I then put the car back to the factory settings, which it used for first 2 tanks, and still no joy?!

I'm assuming the car needs a setting different from the factory run in settings now that its been through two tanks, but what? Why is she cutting out on throttle? To rich/lean?
Old 09-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

try a new plug that's what my wife hyper did . she uses a o.s. 8 plug
Old 09-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Manged to sort it Put her back to the factory settings and then adjusted it slowly to lean her out a little until finally she responded and off I went. Had a great time today even though I'm still taking it quite easy to run her in. Had some air too
Old 09-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

you still might want to put a new plug in...you might have it too lean now just to keep it running...
Old 09-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

That's quite normal at break-in. Next time when the engines running, leave the glow ignitor on for a few miniutes.

How many tanks has the engine been through so far?

Sean
Old 09-24-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Now on around its 15th-16th tank of fuel....and now with uprated high torque servo's, a better power set up and with other bigs on teh way. Uh-oh, I've got the bug
Old 09-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Now on around its 15th-16th tank of fuel....and now with uprated high torque servo's, a better power set up and with other bigs on teh way. Uh-oh, I've got the bug
Replace the glowplug.

Sean