Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dengor
Here attached another photo showing where it's hitting the diff case...
I drimel the diff case a little and set epa as normal
Old 04-15-2015, 02:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by egobrkr
I drimel the diff case a little and set epa as normal
Guess it's a design flaw then
Old 04-15-2015, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dengor
Guess it's a design flaw then
If that's what you want call it. Sure
Old 04-15-2015, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TLR_TeknoRC
cant understand what you trying to say in here, is it the simple answer is no? it wont fit?
It depends of what battery packs you use. I run 4200mah siftpack and tekins smaller indoor T8 and then my car is lower than the nitros, and then these nitro bodies will fit!
Old 04-16-2015, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi guys, couple of questions as I am considering switching to Mugen:

1. These come completely unassembled correct? Not prebuilt?

2. Is the body fit on the car fine with 4s batteries? I seem to remember the 6 being a tight squeeze?

3. What option parts are around... Things like Ali rear hubs etc?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2015, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Hi guys, couple of questions as I am considering switching to Mugen:

1. These come completely unassembled correct? Not prebuilt?

2. Is the body fit on the car fine with 4s batteries? I seem to remember the 6 being a tight squeeze?

3. What option parts are around... Things like Ali rear hubs etc?

Thanks!
These are kits not pre-built.

I have no body fitment issue with thunder power 5300mah or thunder power 4300mah 4s lipos.

There are a few option parts. I will say that in the 2 years I have ran mugen I have never used an option part other then spring, sway bars and pistons. The last couple months I have been playing with weight on the rear of the chassis with good success. The options I have told people are get different rates of springs and sway bars. Try some different shock pistons and oils. Also as of the last few months adding weight in front of the rear diff case on the chassis.

All the option part in my opinion are just that, option parts. They are not needed but for certain People may provide a tuning aspect they are look for. Check mugenracing.com for the different option parts that are available.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
These are kits not pre-built.

I have no body fitment issue with thunder power 5300mah or thunder power 4300mah 4s lipos.

There are a few option parts. I will say that in the 2 years I have ran mugen I have never used an option part other then spring, sway bars and pistons. The last couple months I have been playing with weight on the rear of the chassis with good success. The options I have told people are get different rates of springs and sway bars. Try some different shock pistons and oils. Also as of the last few months adding weight in front of the rear diff case on the chassis.

All the option part in my opinion are just that, option parts. They are not needed but for certain People may provide a tuning aspect they are look for. Check mugenracing.com for the different option parts that are available.
What springs do you reccommend? I know a lot of people ran kyosho springs on other makes. Seems like kyosho was the go to spring.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

In my opinion kyosho springs didn't offer me anything that the factory springs didn't do and are double the price. For my home track I have 1 stiffer and 1 softer for springs. I do some traveling so I have 2 stiffer and 2 softer. It depends on you qnd where you are racing. If I'm racing the same track all the time I would have 1 stiffer and 1 softer then kit springs.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jannedwr
It depends of what battery packs you use. I run 4200mah siftpack and tekins smaller indoor T8 and then my car is lower than the nitros, and then these nitro bodies will fit!
my battery pack is SMC 6500mah 70C, does the pl phantom body for mbx7r fit?
because the mbx7r nitro body is also the body for mbx7r eco isn't?
Old 04-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
the silver springs are 15mm..the black ones are 16mm,they both will rub,but the 16mm will be a little better
Hideeho
As typed, you are wrong. Silver springs use 1.5mm wire & black use 1.6mm wire. Both black & silver have the same inside diameter.

Also, some will say the black springs are stiffer than the silver. This is also wrong. They overlap in stiffness. Someone did some measurements a while back & had posted them. If any one still has those please repost (I have a new phone & lost that ).
Old 04-17-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by S.TRIPP77
I like the thinner lipo but I can't see it make 8:00 heat race.
Hideeho
I have tried on in practice (4300mah protek) & got right around 15minutes before lipo cutoff (3.4v per cell) & put just under 4000mah back into it. 8 minutes should be no problem at all.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by S.TRIPP77
Hello r1. Put some washers under the front body mount and a long screw. That might work?
Maybe do the same in the rear??
Hideeho
Be careful with this, it can raise the roof line above the line from front tower to the wing. The problem with this is the body will hit 1st in any roll over & be destroyed VERY quickly. I do not know that this is the case with phantom, but it is with the FTW night fox.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TLR_TeknoRC
my battery pack is SMC 6500mah 70C, does the pl phantom body for mbx7r fit?
because the mbx7r nitro body is also the body for mbx7r eco isn't?
Hideeho
The proline phantom nitro body can be squeezed into place on this chassis with your lipo, but it will not sit straight & will rub causing premature wear.

Was I clear enough that time?
Old 04-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Mugen and Kyosho spring rates:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wulhhncyk...v6_QzwCxa?dl=0
Old 04-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
Hideho
Awesome! Thank you very much rcgod! I didn't have the kyosho list before, so that helps even more! When I tried them I thought the kyosho lt blues felt awfully soft.

I find it VERY interesting that the most common problem I hear about the stock mugen springs is they are too soft. Then I will see those same folks use kyosho lt blue springs all around that are even softer.

I guess it just goes to prove if you spend twice as much money on a part, it is always twice as good, especially if it says kyosho on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.