WHAT TO DO FOR A BUGGY please help ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WHAT TO DO FOR A BUGGY please help ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default WHAT TO DO FOR A BUGGY please help ?

hI
I want to get into competive racing, i'm still looking at the kyosho 777sp1
or the jammin or finding a used kyosho kanai 3. I Want something competive far as upgrades and can take a beaten. I'm also looking at the rb concepts ws72 motor is that a comp motor to any other? The local track is small... but I want something that can be competive on big and small tracks..
I'm also looking at the the m11 radio w/ specktrum is the spektrum worth the $140.00 ? Also what stuff do i need for pit stuff like bags/parts/ and so forth i know the basics but want more info?
Thanks
Jon
Old 08-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'd get the 777 sp2 from what I've heard it's easier to drive fast than the sp1. That said I run a K3 and love the thing. Everybody tells me for a motor the ws7II or nova P5 is the best two. The spectrum makes things very nice, no problems waiting for practice, no glitches during races b/c some guy doesn't check the freq charts for your heat, and you can use your radio in the pits. It's expensive if you need multiple rx's, but I really like mine.

Ah, the jammin sounds like a very good and affordable car by the sounds of extreme rc's shootout. I like the mugen prospec too, but man it's expensive!

Starterbox is a must have as is a good glow plug igniter. 6 volt rx pack, diff oils, shock oils, crimefighter tires are popular. I just carry my stuff in a plastic tote box or tupperware whatever you call them from meijers.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

one engine you might want to take a long look at is the novarossi P5X. you can run it with the 5 port sleeve for shorter tracks and if you get on a long track with some legroom, you can put in a 7 port sleeve and piston. best of both worlds. however, the P5 has TONS of power, maybe more than you'd need on all but the hugest of tracks. money well spent. will it be your first engine? i've got an RB S7 and love it. it's smooth on the bottom end and really starts to pickup steam at around the 70 foot mark. also, it tunes beautifully! no hunting idle, every needle alters what it's supposed to very nice engine, especially for the price.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

sounds like your a noob....

firstly on the engine... the ws7II is a $300 engine and is suitable for medium and larger tracks.... not to say it aint great for smaller tracks... but there are cheaper and better engines for smaller tracks... as mentioned above the novarossi p5 or a os vspec... and they are only about $250

also it may be worthwile considering buying a very cheap engine (but reliable) for your fisrt engine.. like an OS RG $109... that what you learn how to tune an engine and also how to maintaine it... i lost my first few engines due to poor tune, bad air filter, not oiling filter, filter falling off, etc etc lucky they were cheap engines....

but if money isnt a barrier or problem then by all means get the best engine you can
Old 08-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ha! Great advice man! I tell newbs that they might as well only expect half the normal lifespan out of an engine due to the learning curve. They run great the first month until a lil this happens or lil that, or run to hot to long and lose pinch.

Let me tell ya I smoked a duratrax engine in my 1/8 buggy a few weeks ago due to losing the top of my airfilter. And you think I was glad it wasn't a nova or rb mods? Heck ya I'm glad.

I'd have mentioned the duratrax torq .21 or os rg but figured if he's looking at sp1's, m11 with spectrum price wasn't really an issue. For that matter novarossi is coming out with a budget motor for 200 bux. You can get them from nitro dan at affordable nitro tech racing forums. Google search will bring the forums up. They happen to be down at the moment though. This nova doesn't look much different in the porting than the torq or the os, but novarossi has superb quality engines with long lives! I'm looking to get one soon as the forums get back online.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i have spektrum...it's awesome. no problems what so ever and you can forget about someone being on the same channel as you. one of the best investments i've made so far
Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

WHERE ISTHE BEST PLACE FOR PRICE AND SERVICE ON LINE INTHE US
ALSO HOW LONG DO TIRES USUALLY LAST
THANKS
jON
Old 08-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Amainhobbies.com is a good place.As for the tires it depends on which compound you get,track conditons and stuff like that.I think a set of crimefighters I have they have lasted about 2 months.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

i have new jammin x1cr pro for sale in the for sale forum