Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree44Likes

Kyosho Scorpion re-release

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Raman;13328678]It will not strip that easily. Most the force is going to go through the slipper which you can adjust. Even if you lock the slipper down hard, those tyres would have to bite hard for traction to strip the hub.. Which on dirt is not that easily done... I doubt those tyres will be that grippy.. Most likely they will be good for kicking up some dirt old school style.

The hubs can also be changed out. There's a guy on eBay named Dwayne who makes CNC adapters for the circuit1000 buggies / Scorpion etc. he has versions to hex, RC10, and Tamiya[/QUOTe

I agree with you about the tires and the grip. I'm most likely being overly concerned about it. I'll check it out when we get the kit in our hands. Thanks for the ebay info......I'll look into that as well
Old 06-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

[quote=white03;13328768]
Originally Posted by Raman
It will not strip that easily. Most the force is going to go through the slipper which you can adjust. Even if you lock the slipper down hard, those tyres would have to bite hard for traction to strip the hub.. Which on dirt is not that easily done... I doubt those tyres will be that grippy.. Most likely they will be good for kicking up some dirt old school style.

The hubs can also be changed out. There's a guy on eBay named Dwayne who makes CNC adapters for the circuit1000 buggies / Scorpion etc. he has versions to hex, RC10, and Tamiya[/QUOTe

I agree with you about the tires and the grip. I'm most likely being overly concerned about it. I'll check it out when we get the kit in our hands. Thanks for the ebay info......I'll look into that as well
Do you have a link to his sale items? I searched on eBay, but couldn't find him, or any Scorpion hex adapters.....
Old 06-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Looks like he doesn't have anything up at the moment. You can contact him through this link

http://www.ebay.com/usr/dwyz250
Old 06-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

So I am looking at the list of option parts posted with the manual for the Scorpion 2014 on the kyosho.com support website. The radio box and wing being available in black or red be nice for a different look. The SCW001 hard main chassis rails are interesting, I wonder what they are made out of? The part that really caught my attention is the Le Mans 490 motor (brushed 30 turn). Cool to see the return of the Le Mans brushed motor.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doc McScorpy
So I am looking at the list of option parts posted with the manual for the Scorpion 2014 on the kyosho.com support website. The radio box and wing being available in black or red be nice for a different look. The SCW001 hard main chassis rails are interesting, I wonder what they are made out of? The part that really caught my attention is the Le Mans 490 motor (brushed 30 turn). Cool to see the return of the Le Mans brushed motor.
Nice find Doc, there is some cool stuff listed there, carbon stuff cnc stuff.....
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in..._2014_spop.pdf
edit:scroll to the bottom for the options
Old 06-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

The transmission in the re-re has internal parts from an RB6. The kit will come with a ball diff and a gear diff will be optional. Therefore the transmission can handle any brushless motor that an RB6 could.
From the manual it looks like the kit comes with a gear diff and the ball is optional. And yes.... same as the RB6 thats nice.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

The gear box conversion for original Scorpion on the option parts list must be to allow the old Scorp to run more powerful motors and/or the ball diff. I wonder how many owners of original Scorpions will want to upgrade?
Old 06-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

The gear box conversion for original Scorpion on the option parts list must be to allow the old Scorp to run more powerful motors and/or the ball diff. I wonder how many owners of original Scorpions will want to upgrade?
Of the 3 people running old Scorpions ?
Old 06-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

The achilles heal of the car was the banana soft rails. New hard rails would allow users to run the old car. But by the time you buy the gear box and the rails.. might as well pick up a re-re.. its $219
Old 06-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by asc6000
Of the 3 people running old Scorpions ?
As I ponder this response, I have to say you are probably accurate with that estimation. Maybe there are some folks running them in Japan or Europe.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

As I ponder this response, I have to say you are probably accurate with that estimation. Maybe there are some folks running them in Japan or Europe.
There are some vintage meets where people run them on the beach etc. Prior to the re-re announcement, there were a few guys on ebay making hop ups using CNC to make 7075 Aluminium parts and some carbon parts like shock towers.

Yours truly had almost completed a mod using a tranny from a current buggy. Once I saw this baby coming out, I threw the sucker on ebay to fund a re-re.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Rookie

There are some vintage meets where people run them on the beach etc. Prior to the re-re announcement, there were a few guys on ebay making hop ups using CNC to make 7075 Aluminium parts and some carbon parts like shock towers.

Yours truly had almost completed a mod using a tranny from a current buggy. Once I saw this baby coming out, I threw the sucker on ebay to fund a re-re.
I could see that in Southern California, when I lived down there it seemed like you could find a niche group for every sort of hobby.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

I'm living in Vegas now myself. Here everyone runs the typical modern buggy.

Would love to see a vintage re-re class that has Scorpions, Sand Scorchers, Frogs
Old 06-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

2014 VONATS classic class has what you're looking for.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Great find Doc! I checked out the manual as well. Looking good on upgrades, now c'mon kyosho get it here already!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.