Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 combo

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/8 combo

Running converted jq electric. Wanting the hobbywing xerun 150a combo but not sure what size motor? I'm going to use 4s. Is my duratrax ice ok to charge these? I'm new to electric and lipos. Also using savox 1256 and futaba 4pl. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 02:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have the Hobbywing Xerun 150a / 2200 KV sensored combo and is very pleased.

When buying, I was split between the 1800kv or 2200kv motor. Several racers suggested the 1800kv motor as it has plenty of power and is more easy to drive. And runs cooler too.

But I came from a 2200kv Mamba Monster and loves the power, so I went against all good advises and got the 2200kv version.

In the end it is a question of trigger control and punch setup.

But i love that smooth sensored brutal power with instant reaction with my Sanwa M11X.

I use the combo in a TLR 8ight-E 3.0.

I definately prefer sensored motors, as it adds to low speed throttle control, but many also runs unsensensored, so I guess it is a matter of personal taste.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Either one will be just fine. If the track is a little larger , go with the 2200 . If its a little on the smaller side , the 1800. Just gonna bash , 2200 . You can always dial out power and rpm