Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Ae tower is $8....

I like & good with that..
+1
Old 08-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Tech Legend

Thumbs up

Tonight
A Top K car driver little brother telling
him ...
George is catching you...

Braaaaaaaa!!!!!

Tacompton .2
Old 08-13-2014, 12:23 AM
Tech Initiate

That exotek tower would make my CF B5m look really good.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
The box setup is really good. Only change I made was adding weight behind the battery. My saddle pack is very light for a saddle pack though. It weighs 267 grams and I have about 49 grams of weight added (1 3/4 oz). It helped calm the car down and give some more rear traction. Running JConcepts Rips in front.
Thanks,

MiCk B. :-)
Old 08-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Finally took the plunge on a transponder last night - Im all in at this point - good to actually get some numbers from my runs. First race sept 21! - I started in the spring and the track I go do doesn't do summer racing.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by quasimodo
That exotek tower would make my CF B5m look really good.
who makes that?
Old 08-13-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Its called not being able to find it in my stack of college books. Lol. I got it now though. I'm gonna do a base set up from a sheet on AE website and go from there.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
i have a couple more questions. roll center, what is it and what is the purpose? if i change the trailing arms inserts what will it do to the car? and what will rear toe do to the car?
Some tools that have I used (and still use) to learn and apply the effects of Roll Center:

http://thecartech.com/subjects/auto_...oll_Center.htm

The above link does a good job of explaining the geometry and calculation of Roll Center in very basic terms with diagrams.

Now, if you want to further that knowledge as it applies to your specific chassis, check out RC Crew Chief:

http://www.rccrewchief.wrightdesign.ca/Index.aspx

RC Crew Chief is a software tool used to model the chassis's suspension system. Once your model is in the software, you're able to make virtual changes to your suspension to see what those changes affect in terms of performance (push, loose, chassis roll sensitivity, etc.). You can see "where" the front and rear Roll Centers are. If you have a slight push, off power, you can make a virtual change in the software (change a camber link position, for example) to pre-determine the physical change you actually make on your car to overcome that push.

Another benefit includes choosing a good front to rear spring combination. In addition to Roll Center, "Ride Frequency" is another quality found in sprung suspension systems. Take the guess work out of what front springs will work well with the chosen rears. Take the guess work out of the "fine-tuning" of the springs by moving the shock mounting positions on the towers and suspension arms.

Anti Roll Bars are included in the calculations. See what changing the ARB will do before actually changing it.

Very powerful software. I've been using it on both my 1/8 Tekno eBuggy and the AE B5 with impressive results over the past 9 months. Beats the "seat of the pants" method of figuring out what changes we need to make on these complicated racing chassis's.

Feel free to PM me with any questions on the use of this software. While not overly difficult, there is a learning curve in both measuring your car (to get the information into the software) as well as knowing what you're looking for and how to go about setting your car up.

Jim
Old 08-13-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hcopp
who makes that?
I am. Looking to produce them if enough interest is shown. Got about 25-30 on pre-order. Need 50 to make it happen.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by quasimodo
I am. Looking to produce them if enough interest is shown. Got about 25-30 on pre-order. Need 50 to make it happen.
price?
Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

He is not from the US, but xfactory should have a CF chassis out in the next few weeks
Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys. Have been out of rc for a while and have never had an electric before but I just ordered everything I need to build a b5m! Visited SDRC last weekend for the JBRL race and it looked like fun (guy with the sling).

I plan on running primarily at SDRC and sometimes at OCRC, both have clay fairly high traction surfaces from what I have gathered. I went ahead and put together my own setup sheet from my research and thought I would post it here to see if you guys had any further suggestions. Please see the attached PDF setup sheet.

I am excited to get this built and get driving. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by SkiRideDrive
Hey guys. Have been out of rc for a while and have never had an electric before but I just ordered everything I need to build a b5m! Visited SDRC last weekend for the JBRL race and it looked like fun (guy with the sling).

I plan on running primarily at SDRC and sometimes at OCRC, both have clay fairly high traction surfaces from what I have gathered. I went ahead and put together my own setup sheet from my research and thought I would post it here to see if you guys had any further suggestions. Please see the attached PDF setup sheet.

I am excited to get this built and get driving. Thanks in advance.
It looks like a fine place to start. But, IMO the hard parts on the front might be a mistake. If your new, hard parts can be very brittle. I saw a guy give his kid his b5 to race this weekend. The kid is pretty decent, but will still hit stuff. The car had hard arms and tower and snapped both a few laps into the main. I dont recommend them unless you are a betterish driver. If you already put them on the car and cant return them, just replace with plastic if/when they break.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hcopp
price?
It has got some more parts than xfactorys for flex tuning but I am looking at a 150$ price tag for 65 to 70g of total weight loss.
Shipping works over seas from this end also
Old 08-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Prophet

yeah, but shipping is stupid high, lol. I sent a few things over seas. It is highway robbery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.