Wiki Posts
Search

info

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default info

hello
I have buy a motors reedy 550 5.5 with sensor, I want to run it with a castle mambamax pro speed( variator),and I have some glitching from the motor ,it cut e few time and it go. Evrytime I let go the throttle and hit it again it cut e few time and go.is it possible that they don't match.is there something to do.
Thank you
Old 10-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

check the receiver
Old 10-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

also using same ecs with reedy 4.5 550 in my sc10 4x4 ! no problem
Old 10-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Check the sensor wire, and as mentioned, the reciever could be the prob, it may brown out!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Make sure you motor wires aren't intermittently touching
Old 10-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the01
hello
I have buy a motors reedy 550 5.5 with sensor, I want to run it with a castle mambamax pro speed( variator),and I have some glitching from the motor ,it cut e few time and it go. Evrytime I let go the throttle and hit it again it cut e few time and go.is it possible that they don't match.is there something to do.
Thank you
Glitching or Cogging?

If you are glitching the whole thing will be twitchy even the steering, that will be the weak BEC in the Mamba Max Pro speed control and is a known issue. That being said I would get a glitch buster on that, expect to spend $6 - $15 on this depending on the brand you decide on. They are just a capacitor that you plug into the receiver to keep the power from rippling or browning out, with your ESC they work like magic. I would put one the Max Pro as a matter of course even if you seem to be getting away without it.

If you are cogging that will be a jittery start as your motor is at low RPM, that can be a bad sensor board in the motor or a loose or bad sensor cable. Most sensored motors will run without the cable / sensor assembly hooked up, but they will cog at low RPM. If you still have issues after putting on a glitch buster I would look into the sensor setup, cable is cheaper and will on day be needed anyway if you have to take a blind guess troubleshooting a sensor issue.

Last edited by lbenton; 10-07-2013 at 06:04 AM.