Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Gold Ti-Nitride Shock Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 02:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi Gold Ti-Nitride Shock Shaft

Has anybody had trouble with the Losi Gold Ti-Nitride shock shaft pulling out of the rod end. I never had this happen until I got the new Threaded Shock with my Adam Drake 1 XXX-NT. I have had two pull loose in wrecks last race, I know local racing is harder on parts that At a big event where the drivers are better.
I have checked the threaded end and it is .015" smaller that the stock silver shock shafts. I think I am going to put the silver ones in the threaded shock bodies so I can finish a race.
Thanks, Rick Harris.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

I know alot of the gas guys glue the shock end onto the shaft, helps prevent it from pulling out.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

If the shock shaft has been pulled out of the shock end, you should replace with a new shaft and then glue it like Team Roy suggested. The reason for replacing it is because even the first time it gets pulled out, it can round the tips of the threads over and thus will always be easy to get pulled off, even with them being glued on.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

I have never had that happen,I use the MIP shock shafts they lasts longer and are $ 2.00 cheaper.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Land whats up!! Thats a good tip, those stock shafts are high dollar, whear you racing this weekend, im going to overcash
Old 06-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

I went to a friends house,but i'll be racing probably every weekend now.I usually race at the badlands,sumter,hartsville,lances,etc.