Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
this is the picture Ty sent me for the install of the new HB Aluminum Shock caps
Perfect, thanks.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So raced my buggy last night after making some setup changes. Buggy was great. I was on a tq run with 3secs over 2nd and blew it on the last lap with 3 bobbles. 2nd qualifier I was beating the TQ by 6 secs and had a couple bobbles and still got tq by 3secs. I ended up finishing 2nd in the main but had fast lap, fastest top 5 and fastest top 10. Still need to make a couple more changes and this thing will be unstoppable.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

I pulled the trigger on a D413 today.
My "local" track is an indoor clay track. I ordered the following tires to start with...
-JConcepts Barcode (Gold)
-Pro-Line Electron MC
-Pro-Line ION MC

I was thinking of ordering some AKA tires as well. What other tires might I try on an indoor clay track with this buggy?
Old 03-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SeanKewley
My "local" track is an indoor clay track. I ordered the following tires to start with...
-Pro-Line Electron MC
-Pro-Line ION MC

I was thinking of ordering some AKA tires as well. What other tires might I try on an indoor clay track with this buggy?
If Gold works on your track... 2.2 Dirtwebs are fantastic. I almost run them exclusively. I run the AKA foam. Ihave not tried the dirt tech insert yet.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:30 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

-Pro-Line Electron MC
-Pro-Line ION MC

I didn't like my electrons on this buggy. dirt webs and chainlink were really good. also i would advise not to use the stock wheels i found them to be kind of cheap in comparison to other wheels on the market.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
If Gold works on your track... 2.2 Dirtwebs are fantastic. I almost run them exclusively. I run the AKA foam. Ihave not tried the dirt tech insert yet.
+1 on both dirt webs with AKA foams on TLR wheels. Great traction and tire wear.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the tire recommendations.

I'll order up some different rims, AKA inserts, and the Dirt webs to try as well.

I also ordered 3 pinions to test out with my 4000kv motor. 24t, 26t, and 28t.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

-Pro-Line Electron MC
-Pro-Line ION MC

Like typos when wet and tacky. Chainlinks when a little dry and dusty.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are u guys sanding down your tires to what u like or using right out of the bag? Also when I'm watching racing on TV some indoor clay tracks are dark chocolate color and others milk chocolate, what's difference, Harder, softer, more traction?
Old 03-30-2015, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well this past weekend was first race on the Schelle chassis and felt great, its probably one of the best investments for this buggy. It jumped flatter, felt more planted and felt like you could get on it harder as well in the corners. With the ESC in the back of car and the RX up front, the car had great balance, I threw it on the scales and only the RX was just a little lite. With the current layout we are on, I was able to cut 3sec off lap times.

Setup wise, for the most part is still the TYs original Reedy setup, with a couple slight modifications to it.

In 2 weeks we have our end of the Indoor season trophy race, so definitely curious how it will do.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitro2be
Are u guys sanding down your tires to what u like or using right out of the bag? Also when I'm watching racing on TV some indoor clay tracks are dark chocolate color and others milk chocolate, what's difference, Harder, softer, more traction?
I would probably say moisture content would be the color difference as well and the dirt/clay mixture
Old 03-30-2015, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I use tires straight out of the bag. I also only use water to clean them. I don't like the way the tires feel after sause or a simple green bath.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

I use mine out of the bag, I usually wash them with Simple green after they are glued up, it also seems to help with removing the residual mold release compound from them as well. I usually clean my tires with rubbing alcohol before gluing them and they tend to leave a yellowing mark on the paper towel.

There are a few people at our track that will quickly take a sander to them to scuff them up and basically put a little wear on the tread.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:07 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Color difference in the soil is going to be from the mineral content in the clay. It will play a roll in traction but there is not way to say definitively what color will yield the best traction.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
Well this past weekend was first race on the Schelle chassis and felt great, its probably one of the best investments for this buggy. It jumped flatter, felt more planted and felt like you could get on it harder as well in the corners. With the ESC in the back of car and the RX up front, the car had great balance, I threw it on the scales and only the RX was just a little lite. With the current layout we are on, I was able to cut 3sec off lap times.

Setup wise, for the most part is still the TYs original Reedy setup, with a couple slight modifications to it.

In 2 weeks we have our end of the Indoor season trophy race, so definitely curious how it will do.
Do you mean .3 seconds? There's no way an extra 4mm chassis would shave 3 seconds off your lap times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.