Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dblhelx- what car are you running? I just saw that you posted this in the SWorks page as well?
Old 03-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyD
Oh how nice HB sure gave a lot of spares with this car. I always figured I was just saving weight.
Now that's funny, but I bet dB not laughing. Easy fix dB and cheap if u messed it up. Good thing is all metal gears are IN STOCK..LOL
Old 03-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Dblhelx- what car are you running? I just saw that you posted this in the SWorks page as well?
Hmmm. I got an sworks wing on my hb buggy. I'm still qualified, right?
Old 03-09-2015, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Wheel Hex pins or pinion not tightened on motor shaft flat or no flat spot at all.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dblhelx
I'm new to this and stumped.

Just built my kit.....brand new, drove it down driveway 3 feet and it barely moved. Pull trigger...motor spins....that spins center diff very fast......front and rear dog bones spin up......vehicle barely moves. Lift car up in air and pull trigger and the wheels pretty much balloon up.

I noticed if I lift either the front or the rear end....hand turn a wheel, the opposite wheel doesn't move at all.

Center diff has been out and reassembled, it's full of oil.

Any ideas please? Thank you!
something like this has happened to me. with no load (wheels off the ground) everything seems in order but as soon as you set it down it just crawls making a loud noise... turns out the problem was with my motor - the shaft had delaminated from the rotor. try installing another motor and see if it solves the problem.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
something like this has happened to me. with no load (wheels off the ground) everything seems in order but as soon as you set it down it just crawls making a loud noise... turns out the problem was with my motor - the shaft had delaminated from the rotor. try installing another motor and see if it solves the problem.
Torrance please any input?
my spring perches keep coming off!
the cup on the shock end!
To keep the spring perch on the rod end! I ran a q and a Main with both front spring perches off! I was gonna super glue but shouldn't have to
I'll post pics tonight
for my ride height, springs aren't that tight or under compression! Yes springs are broken in! I use the HB Gold front and Yellow rear springs
If I remember correctly my ride height is 20mm F and R
Old 03-10-2015, 06:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Really? This is my first 4wd and first center gear diff. I just figured 10k and lower would feel like a loose slipper. 100k seems the norm and I think Torrance stated if there was a big quad he would throw 300k in there.
That just isn't how a diff works. Lighter weight oil will allow one side of the diff to spin faster than the other side more easily. Especially if traction is low or one wheel is lifted while cornering.

There shouldn't be any way to make the car just not move if all three diffs are built and installed correctly, even with 1K oil.

-Chris
Old 03-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iScream
That just isn't how a diff works. Lighter weight oil will allow one side of the diff to spin faster than the other side more easily. Especially if traction is low or one wheel is lifted while cornering.

There shouldn't be any way to make the car just not move if all three diffs are built and installed correctly, even with 1K oil.

-Chris
Think of it this way, during hard acceleration you want max traction at all wheels especially the rear but as the car pitches back the front wheels get light and unload. Diffs like to transfer power to the path of least resistance, this case being the lighter front wheels as they now spin free and the rear that has the most traction isn't getting the power they can handle. The heavier oils limit/slow the power unloading to the tires with the least traction.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by VegasHB
Think of it this way, during hard acceleration you want max traction at all wheels especially the rear but as the car pitches back the front wheels get light and unload. Diffs like to transfer power to the path of least resistance, this case being the lighter front wheels as they now spin free and the rear that has the most traction isn't getting the power they can handle. The heavier oils limit/slow the power unloading to the tires with the least traction.
I understand how diffs work. I was telling CaseyD that they can't slip on both sides like a ball diff that is too loose.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Cool. One of these I should probably screw around and build and rebuild my diffs with different weights so I can see the difference in action.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by dblhelx
I'm new to this and stumped.

Just built my kit.....brand new, drove it down driveway 3 feet and it barely moved. Pull trigger...motor spins....that spins center diff very fast......front and rear dog bones spin up......vehicle barely moves. Lift car up in air and pull trigger and the wheels pretty much balloon up.

I noticed if I lift either the front or the rear end....hand turn a wheel, the opposite wheel doesn't move at all.

Center diff has been out and reassembled, it's full of oil.

Any ideas please? Thank you!
My first guess would be that you installed the rear diff backwards in the gear box. But that should make the rear wheels turn backwards when you pick up the car and hit the throttle.

If you're absolutely sure the wheels all turn the same way when you pick it up, I'm gonna have to go with the suggestions about missing pins, or missing washers behind the spiders and/or sun gears. A bad motor shouldn't cause the front and rear drive shafts to spin, as described.

Last edited by iScream; 03-10-2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Sometimes I wonder if ppl actually read the posts.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If "dblhelx" could post a quick video of this issue, it would be a lot easier to trouble shoot and probably quicker as well.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Tower are releasing the back order D413 but still no alum shock caps.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bladeys
Tower are releasing the back order D413 but still no alum shock caps.
Better off going through your LHS if they can get HB. I have had my caps for a week or two now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.