Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 03:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
It actually makes perfect business sense for RPM. Supply and demand. This is a part that is pretty hard to find, even google can't find it in stock. Why buy RPM? Because it gets your rig back on the track, doesn't have to be any more or less derable than stock, just get the car going again. Imagine if RPM didn't make B44 a-arms how many people wouldn't be able to drive.
Hmm, well if they can get one on the market within the next couple weeks I might buy one for a spare. As long as it doesn't cost more than the HPI part. Otherwise I'll pick up an HPI when they are available.

Now I'll probably break mine at the race coming up this Sunday. How do you knock on wood in here?

Are you saying Associated isn't keeping up with demand for spare parts to go on their buggy? I though it was just supposed to be HB having that issue.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
What would be better about a brace made by RPM than the one made by HPI? Most of us aren't having any trouble with breaking them and that triangulated brace is a core design feature of the car. Other than current availability of spares, I actually like the idea of breaking a $7 brace instead of a $30 carbon fiber tower.

If there is some real improvement we're talking about then I'll add my name to the list of people wanting an RPM version. But if you just want them to fill the gap until more of the HPI parts are available, how would that make sense for RPM, or any other aftermarket company?

I'd much rather see RPM produce a set of replacement ball studs and links that aren't sloppy like the stock ones. Maybe some bushings that remove slop from the ackerman bar and hubs?

Those are things that would improve the stock parts we get with the buggy and would keep selling.

-Chris
I doubt rpm would simply just copy the existing mount, I'm sure they would add their touch just like the slash and B44 parts they've made. People have been waiting a "couple of weeks" since early January. Ball cups and ball studs were an easy mod, there's no easy or hard mod out there for the front shock tower or rear tower mount. But I will add a "yet" since someone is bound to come up with something.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by CaseyD
I doubt rpm would simply just copy the existing mount, I'm sure they would add their touch just like the slash and B44 parts they've made. People have been waiting a "couple of weeks" since early January. Ball cups and ball studs were an easy mod, there's no easy or hard mod out there for the front shock tower or rear tower mount. But I will add a "yet" since someone is bound to come up with something.
I'm thinking that I saw the braces in stock briefly at either Tower or amain a couple weeks ago.

But how many people really need them right now? I'd like to pick up a couple front braces just in case, but I crashed the heck out of this buggy the first time I had it out and didn't break a brace. For those of us running on tracks without poles or walls in bad spots, breaking one is probably a lot less likely.

If enough of you want a brace from RPM then maybe they will make one. But I'm not going to tell them I'll buy one if I'm not sure that I will. If they make a stronger brace I'll probably watch for a while and make sure it doesn't end up that you guys are breaking a more expensive part instead of the $7 brace. Unless I do manage to break one and the HB version still isn't available.

-Chris
Old 02-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm thinking that I saw the braces in stock briefly at either Tower or amain a couple weeks ago.

But how many people really need them right now? I'd like to pick up a couple front braces just in case, but I crashed the heck out of this buggy the first time I had it out and didn't break a brace. For those of us running on tracks without poles or walls in bad spots, breaking one is probably a lot less likely.

If enough of you want a brace from RPM then maybe they will make one. But I'm not going to tell them I'll buy one if I'm not sure that I will. If they make a stronger brace I'll probably watch for a while and make sure it doesn't end up that you guys are breaking a more expensive part instead of the $7 brace. Unless I do manage to break one and the HB version still isn't available.
If anyone on here says they have a shelf queen, they are waiting on front shock tower mount. Pretty much the only part unavailable but frustratingly the only part you can't band aid or "make another part work" for. But just for arguments sake even if the RPM part is stronger and people break the actual CF mount, a flat piece of CF or even hard plastic, aluminum could get you through the night, an injected mold piece of plastic is a little tougher.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by CaseyD
If anyone on here says they have a shelf queen, they are waiting on front shock tower mount. Pretty much the only part unavailable but frustratingly the only part you can't band aid or "make another part work" for. But just for arguments sake even if the RPM part is stronger and people break the actual CF mount, a flat piece of CF or even hard plastic, aluminum could get you through the night, an injected mold piece of plastic is a little tougher.
So how many people reading this have broken braces right now? Maybe 5?

I just back ordered braces from both Tower and Amain. Both say they will have stock in early March. We will see if I have one or more spares in a few weeks.

If any of you need one and don't have a backorder with at least one site it's hard to feel too bad for you. My impression is that they have been trickling in all along.

I asked in the amain forum to see if Jason can tell us anything though.

-Chris
Old 02-17-2015, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just band aid mine..looks good, seems strong enough, easy to do..it will last a few crashes..lol..good luck..
Old 02-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I was worried about that area and the spur gear... Now I have 5 spurs and 3 front braces....car is so durable I overreacted
Old 02-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Anyone looking for shock shafts. I see redrockhobbies.com has them in stock.

No front shock towers though.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:00 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

i wouldn't mind seeing an injection molded replacement for the CF shock towers. i broke one already. lol
Old 02-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think you guys should try cutting and gluing short pieces of carbon fiber rod or piano wire on the under side of the front mount and then shrink some black shrink wrap over the strengthened area before bolting back onto the bulkhead... something we had to do with another brand of car that ended up working out nicely.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

RPM isnt going to make a tower. It's not just about supply and demand..while yes thats important there is so much more to it.

Just to start off:

- HPI has a supply issue that is out of their control..port shutdown in CA. Supply will catch up to demand after this issue.
- The tower is not a weak point and not consumable like a IE. b44.3 arm.
- The design, tooling, and inventory costs far exceed the ROI on the tower.

There is much more to it...but just from the above it would be stupid for RPM or anyone else to make a tower.

Just have to weather the storm.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:45 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
RPM isnt going to make a tower. It's not just about supply and demand..while yes thats important there is so much more to it.

Just to start off:

- HPI has a supply issue that is out of their control..port shutdown in CA. Supply will catch up to demand after this issue.
- The tower is not a weak point and not consumable like a IE. b44.3 arm.
- The design, tooling, and inventory costs far exceed the ROI on the tower.

There is much more to it...but just from the above it would be stupid for RPM or anyone else to make a tower.

Just have to weather the storm.
+1

as soon as this port shutdown blows over there will probably be enough spare parts to swap out new ones between heats. aluminum shock caps included.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:30 PM
YoG
Tech Apprentice

Nothing wrong with the ports in Europe and China.Called allot of hobby shops overseas. HBS112773 none in stock.And if it was in stock on some Websites it was an inventory error.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:48 PM
YoG
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Thank CaseyD

If anyone on here says they have a shelf queen, they are waiting on front shock tower mount. Pretty much the only part unavailable but frustratingly the only part you can't band aid or "make another part work" for

People have been waiting a "couple of weeks" since early January. Ball cups and ball studs were an easy mod, there's no easy or hard mod out there for the front shock tower or rear tower mount.

You took the words right out of my mouth CaseyD
Thank You
Old 02-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

What would be better about a brace made by RPM than the one made by HPI? Most of us aren't having any trouble with breaking them and that triangulated brace is a core design feature of the car. Other than current availability of spares, I actually like the idea of breaking a $7 brace instead of a $30 carbon fiber tower.

If there is some real improvement we're talking about then I'll add my name to the list of people wanting an RPM version. But if you just want them to fill the gap until more of the HPI parts are available, how would that make sense for RPM, or any other aftermarket company?

I'd much rather see RPM produce a set of replacement ball studs and links that aren't sloppy like the stock ones. Maybe some bushings that remove slop from the ackerman bar and hubs?

Those are things that would improve the stock parts we get with the buggy and would keep selling.

-Chris
I removed all slop from mine. Absolutely zero slop left. This is what you need to do.
Buy some Xray 8mm ball ends (XRA362651) 12 pieces , - 8 : Front - 2 : rear - 2 : servo. Bushings - 4 pieces. XRA362290. 2 for the steering blocks and 2 for the Ackerman. These parts are 0.1mm larger then HB.
The bushings fit very tight in the ackerman, but dont worry it works great.
You also need some 1-2mm shims, because the XB4 ball ends are a little shorter, so if you put a 2mm shim on the steering ball you have 6mm like HB
To begin with it all is a little tight, but it will loosen up after a few hours.
When i drop mine, the sound it makes when it lands is niiiice. Dosnīt sound like dropping a bag of empty cans anymore, more like a BMW door closing.
I felt the car became a little more responsive, but also a little more predictable. I also think the slop is positive when it comes to durability. I prefer zero slop. F....... hate slop.

Enjoy

Forgot. Also put a 5x7x0,2mm (or 0,1mm) shim behind the Hex hubs. No more slop, and no more pins falling out

Last edited by ColourGhost; 02-18-2015 at 12:12 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.