Community
Wiki Posts
Search

stock revo for nitro newb, looking for upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default stock revo for nitro newb, looking for upgrades

im new to the nitro world and its great at how customizable this stuff is. ive learned more about car engines and car workings in general more since i got my revo than in my prev 20 years. story aside ..... im looking for the following upgrades for my revo:

air filter
cooling head
fuel filter
wing

I've looked for hours online at all the different parts available, but being new, im persuaded that the price tag is what makes a not so good part less efficient than an expensive part. I am unexperienced with all of the variety so im not sure what works good and what doesnt. Can you guys make some recommendations for each. Possibly the usefulness of each too *if they are worth it*.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Those are generally easy to find. As for the air filter, check out the Motor Saver air filter, or even go to Autozone/Pep Boys and pick up one of the air breathers for the Honda 4 bangers. My brother's got a Motor Saver air filter on his T-Maxx and it works great.

Fuel filter...I would get 2 of them, and I think any's fine. The easy one to find around here is the Dynamite brand, but I'm sure others are fine as well. Get what looks good to you.

Cooling head...There are a few made for the TRX 2.5R, and the general thumb is the more "fins" it has, the better the cooling ability.

Wing...I'm guessing you're referring to the ones that people are putting on theirs to make a "Truggy". Can't help with you on this one, sorry.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the wing mount that everyone is using is the mugen mbx-5 mount. it can be found HERE
the wing itself everyone seems to use the pro-line wing. its sturdy and not to expensive.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks guys. i went ahead and added 2 fuel filters. as for cooling .... how much of an increase in efficiency does cutting a hole in the windshield make? i was wanting to get a body and all my parts but it gets pricey very quick. i was thinking of waiting on a cooling head for now since they are about the most expensive part. im also gonna hold off on the wing.